A few thoughts from the game

1. Very well coached game. There were a few times I wanted Jauron to go for it on 4th down and we did not ... and well ... he was right.

2. Aaron Schobel now leads the the league in sacks with a career high 12.5 sacks this season.

3. Boy I love watching McGahee run like that. Would love to see it more often.

4. Another steller game by Clements. Blanketed his receiver, delivered a nice hit in the first half, and had a critical INT for a TD.

5. Josh Reed still cant seem to catch a darn ball consistantly ...  0:)

862014[/snapback]

Decent points but you forgot the biggest one, IMO, that won the game for the bills today: DISCIPLINE. Only 2 or 3 penalties all game --> that is how you win and win consistently, by not fielding a squad of boneheads. The coaching staff has finally got these guys playing hard AND smart. That's key. :angry:

2. Aaron Schobel now leads the the league in sacks with a career high 12.5 sacks this season.

862014[/snapback]

Gotta love this quote from the NY Times:

"In the third quarter, Pennington lost the ball on a sack by Buffalo defensive end Aaron Schobel, who treated the Jets’ stout rookie left tackle, D’Brickashaw Ferguson, like he was a turnstile all afternoon."

:angry:

link

Thanks for the shout out.... but SACTO is right.

Willis ran hard today... even in short yardage situations when there was no hole, Willis put his head down and fought for tough yards. That did not happen last week. You (and other Willis apologists) will claim that there "were no holes to run through." I respectfully disagree. With Willis' speed and power, many of his 0-1 yard gains could have been 3-4 yard gains. In Willis, I see a maddeningly inconsistent back. But I sure loved watching him today!

Are you serious? If there is NO hole to run through, you are forced to juke to the outside (aka something you and Dawgg call "dancing")

Let me illustrate:

McGahee ---->>> |||  << D lineman looking to kill him because they were not blocked by the offense

So McGahee instead of getting creamed TRIES to make something and does this:

---> |

|

|> -->

862115[/snapback]

1. Very well coached game. There were a few times I wanted Jauron to go for it on 4th down and we did not ... and well ... he was right.

3. Boy I love watching McGahee run like that. Would love to see it more often.

4. Another steller game by Clements. Blanketed his receiver, delivered a nice hit in the first half, and had a critical INT for a TD.

5. Josh Reed still cant seem to catch a darn ball consistantly ...  :angry:

862014[/snapback]

1. Still getting used to the ultra-conservative philosophy. I wouldn't mind letting Lindell get a shot a 50+ yarder once in a while. I think punting every time we are in the 33-40 yard line is cheating us out of some points. But I like Jauron and he sure seems to have a great vibe going through the team.

2. LOVE Schobel...LOVE HIM. Forget about the two garbage sacks he picked up...it was the constant pressure. There have been at least 10 plays this year where he has gotten to the QB a bit too late but has either forced him into a bad throw, made him change his angel or hit his arm. He is a great DE. Period.

3. McGahee looked great. I am frustrated by his up and down performances, but with a good line to run behind, you can't be unhappy with the results. His extra efforts today were HUGE.

4. Clements played great...the INT was really a right place, right time situation, but his big hits and blanket coverage were intense. I'm glad to see that he has remembered he is playing for $50 million.

5. That pass was suspect. Reed should have pulled it in, but so be it. I can't think of the last time he dropped as pass. He has been our most sure handed WR this year. It's amazing how many great #3 WRs are on this team.

I'll add a few:

A. Hargrove may be my favorite player...every week I like him more. Soon I will expect him to start making more plays, but for right now, I love his hustle, enthusiasm and overall zest for being a Buffalo Bill.

B. Kelsay's backfield tackle on Houston was real sweet.

C. Peerless has made some great grabs this season. Including the one that was botched today and strangely not challenged.

D. Lee's double move was disgusting....just absolutely dirty.

E. The lack of stupid mistakes kept a smile on my face all game. No mandatory dumbass TO because we can't get the play in. No motion penalty on 3rd and short...it was beautiful man!

Willis ran hard today... even in short yardage situations when there was no hole, Willis put his head down and fought for tough yards.  That did not happen last week. You (and other Willis apologists) will claim that there "were no holes to run through."  I respectfully disagree. With Willis' speed and power, many of his 0-1 yard gains could have been 3-4 yard gains.  In Willis, I seen a maddeningly inconsistent back.  But I sure loved watching him today!

I read earlier in the week that Willis was questionable today with an ankle injury. I will assume that it affected him a lot last weekend but wasn't a factor today.

Willis ran hard today... even in short yardage situations when there was no hole, Willis put his head down and fought for tough yards.  That did not happen last week. You (and other Willis apologists) will claim that there "were no holes to run through."  I respectfully disagree. With Willis' speed and power, many of his 0-1 yard gains could have been 3-4 yard gains.  In Willis, I seen a maddeningly inconsistent back.  But I sure loved watching him today!

862350[/snapback]

There is a legitimate difference of opinion, IMO. I am not sure who is right. I am not sure anyone knows the answer. I think it is somewhere in the middle. People on your side of the argument think that Willis dances, he loses yardage that he would have gained had he run harder. People on my side of the argument think that he runs depending on what he sees. Today, he had little, but decent sized holes. He could run hard into the hole and break into the linebackers and safeties. A couple times he broke free. To your way of thinking, he could do this more than he does. To my way of thinking, he couldn't. He dances when there are no holes. But he doesn't when there is a hole, which is infrequent. Today, there were a few thin holes and he hit them and we had good and once in awhile great results.

The difference between what you see and what I see (and I am not sure which is more true) is that you think he could do this a lot more often. I think he can't, and that there are not holes for him to run through, And that if he didnt dance, and hit the hole hard, he would get a few more yards but lessen his chance for a breakaway run.

I don't think he ran much different today. i think he saw holes and hit them like he always does. If there wasn't, he would have danced. If there were these holes against other teams, he would have exploded liked he did today. You may be right, I may be right. It's an opinion. No one on earth knows the answer.

There is a legitimate difference of opinion, IMO. I am not sure who is right. I am not sure anyone knows the answer. I think it is somewhere in the middle. People on your side of the argument think that Willis dances, he he loses yardage that he would have gained had he run harder. People on my side or the argument think that he runs depending on what he sees. Today, he had little, but decent sized holes. He could run hard into the hole and break into the linebackers and safeties. A couple times he broke free. To your way of thinking, he could do this more than he does. To my way of thinking, he couldn't. He dances when there are no holes. But he doesn't when there is a hole, which is infrequent. Today, there were a few thin holes and he hit them and we had good and once in awhile great results.

The difference between what you see and what I see (and I am not sure which is more true) is that you think he could do this a lot more often. I think he can't, and that there are not holes for him to run through, And that if he didnt dance, and hit the hole hard, he would get a few more yards but lessen his chance for a breakaway run. 

I don't think he ran much different today. i think he saw holes and hit them like he always does. If there wasnt', he would have danced. if there were these holes against other teams, he would have exploded liked he did today. You may be right, I may be right. It's an opinion. No one on earth knows the answer.

862379[/snapback]

Oh come on now Dog........your dancin just like Willis with this response ....... :thumbsup:

I don't think he ran much different today. i think he saw holes and hit them like he always does. If there wasn't, he would have danced. If there were these holes against other teams, he would have exploded liked he did today. You may be right, I may be right. It's an opinion. No one on earth knows the answer.

862379[/snapback]

Does Steve Fairchild know the answer? Or do you believe that even the coaches don't really understand whats going on here?

862350[/snapback]

Could not agree more.

Willis ran hard today... even in short yardage situations when there was no hole, Willis put his head down and fought for tough yards.  That did not happen last week. You (and other Willis apologists) will claim that there "were no holes to run through."  I respectfully disagree. With Willis' speed and power, many of his 0-1 yard gains could have been 3-4 yard gains.  In Willis, I see a maddeningly inconsistent back.  But I sure loved watching him today!

862350[/snapback]

I'm right there with you on this one. When he dances he loses, it's that simple.

Today he hit the holes quickly and made some gains out of what would normally be losses for him. Maddeningly inconsistent is the way to put it, I was hating on him today but then he breaks a 57 yarder. I wish he would consistently run hard.

How do you know it's because he's playing against the Jets?

Maybe it's because he listened to Marv and decided to start hitting the holes right away. Last year Mularky said the same thing and he didn't listen, but when he hears it twice, and from the GM, he probably realizes he better wake up and do what the man says.

862087[/snapback]

It is pathetic that you mention Mularkey and Marv in the same sentence :(