• DeMarcus Tyler, DT, N.C. state
    • Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
    • Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know a lot of the guys on that list besides Jeff S. but there is one name on there that really is really interesting.

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...ye_amobi00.html

Amobi Okoye is a captain for Louisville and is a pretty solid palyer for them. Oh yeah, he's 19 years old. :blink:

Honestly, the potential for this guy is through the roof. It also tells you a little about the Alabama school system that a guy from Nigeria can graduate when he's 15. :doh:

Personally, I think we need to upguard the offensive line more and would go offensive line. Additionally, I don't know if Okoye should go that high, but having a guy that young with that much character could be very interesting.

I really don't know a lot of the guys on that list besides Jeff S. but there is one name on there that really is really interesting. 

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...ye_amobi00.html

Amobi Okoye is a captain for Louisville and is a pretty solid palyer for them.  Oh yeah, he's 19 years old.  :blink:

Honestly, the potential for this guy is through the roof.  It also tells you a little about the Alabama school system that a guy from Nigeria can graduate when he's 15.  :doh:

Personally, I think we need to upguard the offensive line more and would go offensive line.  Additionally, I don't know if Okoye should go that high, but having a guy that young with that much character could be very interesting.

857445[/snapback]

Any relation to the "Nigerian Nightmare" Christian Okoye?

I'm liking Okoye at this point. He's going to be a 20 year old rookie next year with four years of college. That he was able to play division one college football as a 16 year old is impressive. I think it's pretty safe to assume that he's going to continue to grow into his body, which means he's going to get stronger. He's already strong and athletic and has good upside. He's also really smart, and a great fit for Buffalo. He would instantly start for Kyle Williams, who is a player but has less talent. Okoye would be an instant upgrade in Buffalo's embarrassingly poor run defense.

Any relation to the "Nigerian Nightmare" Christian Okoye?

857469[/snapback]

I assume that Christian Okoye remained in the US after his retirement from football, so if Amobi Okoye immigrated to the US from Africa, I don't think he would be any closer than a cousin, if that. They do both hail from Nigeria. I did a search on the name Okoye, and came up with a lot of Nigerian born persons and persons descended from Nigerians with the name Okoye, so it appears as if Okoye is a pretty common Nigerian name.

I see us winning two of the final 4 games, bringing us to 7-9. The top 20 picks will be reserved for teams that didn't make the playoffs. There will be more than 3 teams ranked ahead of us. While I don't think we'll have a top 10 pick, I don't think we'll be picking as low as 17.

Even so, I don't think that Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn Jr., and Dwayne Jarrett will all be picked by the time we pick. I'd rank each of them above Notre Dame's Great White Shark.

The TE Miller isn't worthy of that high of a pick. I don't know that OG Blaylock is either. If we traded down, I could see one of them. But I think there will be better players available then them when we pick. DeMarcus Tyler is interesting, but I think we have enough young DT's (drafting two in last years draft). I think DT will be addressed with a veteran.

It looks like you're running off of a list of seniors as well. There will be a LOT of Juniors coming out like every year. It's my belief that one or more of the following will be available when we pick and should be taken (some of which will DEFINITELY be gone, but you never know who will fall for what reasons):

Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

Jake Long, OT Michigan (Jr.)

Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech (Jr.)

Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State (Jr.)

Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC (Jr.)

Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma (Jr.)

Marshawn Lynch, RB California (Jr.)

Alan Branch, DT Michigan (Exception to the rule because he is AWESOME)

Paul Poluzsny, LB Penn State

Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

I'd rank all of those players above the players you have on this poll.

857032[/snapback]

Jake Long is a f***ing monster. I would put him on our line ANY DAY. #1, he's a huge dominant tackle. #2, Michigan linemen have great NFL track records.

I gotta say with who realistically will be available the guy who makes the most sense is Blaylock. A very solid and somewhat safe pick( true, no pick is EVER a sure thing ), Blaylock would upgrade ANY spot on the right side and give us great flexibility on the Oline if we pick up at least one free agent as well. Of course if a great potential DT is there I can't complain either.