????  

70 members have voted

1. 1. ????

• Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
    • Justin Blalock, OL, Texas
    • DeMarcus Tyler, DT, N.C. state
    • Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
    • Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame

I updated my avatar/profile to reflect how I felt on this subject a few days ago. As Blaclock is probably the best G prospect in the draft and/or could also be a RT if Pennington doesn't work out. However after yesterday's game I'm leaning toward Dwayne Jarrett as well as think we need to find someone that truly can be a counterpart to Evans as it seems to me Price/Reed are better as depth WRs.

857258[/snapback]

That's weird. Prior to yesterday's game I was thinking maybe WR or OL in the 1st round but now I'm thinking DT or LB because the team is so terrible against the run.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see us winning two of the final 4 games, bringing us to 7-9. The top 20 picks will be reserved for teams that didn't make the playoffs. There will be more than 3 teams ranked ahead of us. While I don't think we'll have a top 10 pick, I don't think we'll be picking as low as 17.

Even so, I don't think that Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn Jr., and Dwayne Jarrett will all be picked by the time we pick. I'd rank each of them above Notre Dame's Great White Shark.

The TE Miller isn't worthy of that high of a pick. I don't know that OG Blaylock is either. If we traded down, I could see one of them. But I think there will be better players available then them when we pick. DeMarcus Tyler is interesting, but I think we have enough young DT's (drafting two in last years draft). I think DT will be addressed with a veteran.

It looks like you're running off of a list of seniors as well. There will be a LOT of Juniors coming out like every year. It's my belief that one or more of the following will be available when we pick and should be taken (some of which will DEFINITELY be gone, but you never know who will fall for what reasons):

Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

Jake Long, OT Michigan (Jr.)

Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech (Jr.)

Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State (Jr.)

Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC (Jr.)

Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma (Jr.)

Marshawn Lynch, RB California (Jr.)

Alan Branch, DT Michigan (Exception to the rule because he is AWESOME)

Paul Poluzsny, LB Penn State

Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

I'd rank all of those players above the players you have on this poll.

857032[/snapback]

nice list - brainiac

you've got the top 10 list-

too bad none of them will be there when the Bills pick somewhere after 15.

Is there no OG choice?

All I read is that Blaylock is an OT....IMO we are now OK(possible good/great) at OT. Peters is looking first class & Pennington seems to be regularly improving. It's the interior of the line which needs help. What's the point of having 3 decent(or better) OTs & no decent OGs?

That's weird.  Prior to yesterday's game I was thinking maybe WR or OL in the 1st round but now I'm thinking DT or LB because the team is so terrible against the run.

857288[/snapback]

As bad as they are against the run the D is still the strength of this team. So to me if we can retain key guys on D (see Clements and Fletcher) and a small addition such as an Ian Scott plus an improved offense might go a long way to getting us to the playoffs.

Is there no OG choice? 

All I read is that Blaylock is an OT....IMO we are now OK(possible good/great) at OT.  Peters is looking first class & Pennington seems to be regularly improving.  It's the interior of the line which needs help.  What's the point of having 3 decent(or better) OTs & no decent OGs?

857291[/snapback]

Blalock might play RT at Texas but it's not uncommon for college OTs convert to OG in the pros and be successful. Look no further then to Ruben Brown as one example.

As bad as they are against the run the D is still the strength of this team. So to me if we can retain key guys on D (see Clements and Fletcher) and a small addition such as an Ian Scott plus an improved offense might go a long way to getting us to the playoffs.

857297[/snapback]

Jokeman, find us a big, nasty bastard who can step up and play OG, OK?. :doh:

If we were getting more push from this position, our win total would be higher, palin and simple.

857297[/snapback]

The D is the strength of the team but it's still not that great. The way I see it, the fastest way to become an elite team is to have an elite defense. Adding a really good DT or LB would really help the guys we have now.

I'm just talking about the first round and it really depends on who's available. The Bills have so many needs that they'll be in a position to take the best player available with most of their picks and immediately help the team.

I don't think I can handle another Texas OL.

857024[/snapback]

Because one lineman is indicative of a whole school, right?

Is there no OG choice? 

All I read is that Blaylock is an OT....IMO we are now OK(possible good/great) at OT.  Peters is looking first class & Pennington seems to be regularly improving.  It's the interior of the line which needs help.  What's the point of having 3 decent(or better) OTs & no decent OGs?

857291[/snapback]

Blalock is playing OG this year. He was at OT last year.

Jokeman, find us a big, nasty bastard who can step up and play OG, O?.  :doh:

If we were getting more push from this position, our win total would be higher, palin and simple.

857302[/snapback]

I prefer athletes on the O-line myself but I think Vincent Manuwai from Jacksonville blends what you and I are looking for if looking the free agent route. Here's a predraft bio from PFW.

Blalock might play RT at Texas but it's not uncommon for college OTs convert to OG in the pros and be successful. Look no further then to Ruben Brown as one example.

857297[/snapback]

Blalock is playing OG this year.  He was at OT last year.

857312[/snapback]

Blalock now has my vote. :doh:

the only QB thats any good coming out this year is Quinn so taking a QB in the 1st isnt a good idea. We're losing Baker at year's end but will be getting McCargo back at Dt to help fill it out. We NEED help on the OL at OG and RT. Samardzija is playing AAA for the Cubs but wants to play football or both. He would be a huge upgrade over our 2Wrs. On the other hand I would LOVE Poslunski.

Funny, I was screaming all last winter to try and pry away Manuwai as an RFA from the Jags.  I thought nobody heard me.  :doh:

857338[/snapback]

Considering the production we've gotten from our 3rd Rounder this year (Youboty) that might have been a plan. Yet if we can get him this offseason for nothing it might be better.

Pretty good list s.i.c. If we can grab Steinbach, maybe we can get by with only one guard.

Btw, I forgive him for his arrest.  :doh:  :blink:

857308[/snapback]

I don't think he will be doing hard time...being a tipsy 25 year-old captain of a garden-variety powerboat in a no-wake zone of the Ohio river probably won't curse him for life... :wacko:

PS...if the Bills are out of the race in week 16, they should pluck B'gals rookie, LSU G Nate Livings off of the Cincy practice squad. He's well worth a look...he was a last-game preseason cut from a strong OL corps.

I'm not all that hot on Leonard Davis, either.

857335[/snapback]

Depends on the player. I think Dockery's done well in the NFL, and the jury is still out on Scott.

Davis was a Mackovic recruit and didn't spend a ton of time with the current staff.

Williams and Davis were before McWhorter started coaching the O-line here, and I think Dockery's success is attributed in a large part to him.

nice list - brainiac

you've got the top 10 list-

too bad none of them will be there when the Bills pick somewhere after 15.

857290[/snapback]

Really?

The way I see it, 20 teams don't make the playoffs. So we DEFINITELY won't be picking any lower than 20. This year with the way the AFC is playing out there's going to be a handful of teams with 9-7 or 10-6 records that won't get into the postseason.

Buffalo's last 4 games are FAR from easy. We're going into the Meadowlands where they are on one helluva roll. Then we have the Dolphins at home who have started to get it together (although this is probably the game we have the best chance in). Then it's the red hot Titans with Vince Young coming off of wins against both Mannings and then the Ravens in Baltimore who will probably still be playing for something after their loss this week.

We'll be lucky to walk away with two of those games. If you think we're picking after 15, you've got some dreams. It would be nice, but I don't see it.

Of that list (which I outright stated a lot would be gone by), you'll notice no QB's, CB's, or S's. Brady Quinn will most likely be the top pick and he wasn't included. Michigan CB Leon Hall as well.

If you think that by the time we pick 3 teams will be taking WR's, 2 teams will be taking a RB, 2 teams will be taking an OT, and the rest of the players will go before us you're sadly mistaken. Some of the people on that list are slated to go when we pick and you never know who will fall. And again, I didn't include all of the top prospects.

I guarantee at least two of those players will still be there when we pick.