JetNation Wants You!!!

Smizzy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets drafted some earth movers in Ferguson and Mangold. Both the Bills and the Jets are on the way up but the Jets are further ahead in large part because of their offensive line. Address the lines and the Bills skill players could show better results. After Pennington's injury, it is amazing that he is playing at all.

Both the Bills and Jets have significantly improved themselves since the last time they played, at least in certain areas. Buffalo blows at run defense, but they have also faced some outstanding running backs like LT. Hopefully, they will do a better job of containing Leon Washington. Buffalo has improved their pass rush since the last time they played the Jets, and may be able to get more pressure on Pennington. On the other side of the ball, Buffalo's running game has been erratic. Some weeks they've been OK, sometimes they've really stunk. However the passing game has improved with JP Losman gaining confidence and the offensive line providing much better protection. I'll pick the Bills to win, but that's partly the homer in me. I can certainly see why national media pundits might go for the Jets in this game.

Both the Bills and Jets have significantly improved themselves since the last time they played, at least in certain areas.  Buffalo blows at run defense, but they have also faced some outstanding running backs like LT.  Hopefully, they will do a better job of containing Leon Washington.  Buffalo has improved their pass rush since the last time they played the Jets, and may be able to get more pressure on Pennington.  On the other side of the ball, Buffalo's running game has been erratic.  Some weeks they've been OK, sometimes they've really stunk.  However the passing game has improved with JP Losman gaining confidence and the offensive line providing much better protection.  I'll pick the Bills to win, but that's partly the homer in me.  I can certainly see why national media pundits might go for the Jets in this game.

857563[/snapback]

I don't think it will be just Washington that will be the priority...Cedric Houston is running with a vengeance since his return from injury. That "Thunder and Lightning" punch is a good one.

Buffalo's pass offense has been better, and looked good against Jacksonville and Houston. However, I was not really impressed this week, even though it was against a great SD defense. 2 of the 3 touchdowns were scores that Buffalo didn't have to move that far to put it in. The last score was impressive though.

The key for the Jets in this game is to get up early. At least 10-17 points, because Losman has had a knack in the last few weeks of playing spoiler on that last couple of drives in the 4th quarter.

Neither team really has a great run defense, although the Jets run D has certainly been better since the bye week.

Write it down. This game will be decided by special teams. Both teams have dangerous return men, a couple of the most dangerous in the league...It should be a fun game to watch.

Jets 30, Bills 17

I wasnt bragging, just stating facts.

The jets were horrible against the run  the last year SPERM EDWARDS was here.

BUT as you will soon find out, they are better now...............

857128[/snapback]

LMAO! Sperm Edwards!

So simple, yet it's the first time I've heard it. Nice!

:D:lol::lol:

:doh:  :lol:  :P

858276[/snapback]

This game can go either way.

Mangini is certainly impressive, and I envy your draft, but the jests are lining up with a rookie OC, a rookie LT (who I think can be exploited by Schobel) and a rookie head coach. Admittedly, you guys have a similar situation with Ellis/T. Pennington.

I predict a high scoring game. Losman is much improved since you last saw him, and you guys better think of a way to cover Evans. I don't know much about your special teams, but ours are pretty awesome.

Let's hope that we have a game free of injuries.

This game can go either way.

Mangini is certainly impressive, and I envy your draft, but the jests are lining up with a rookie OC, a rookie LT (who I think can be exploited by Schobel) and a rookie head coach. Admittedly, you guys have a similar situation with Ellis/T. Pennington.

I predict a high scoring game. Losman is much improved since you last saw him, and you guys better think of a way to cover Evans. I don't know much about your special teams, but ours are pretty awesome.

Let's hope that we have a game free of injuries.

858458[/snapback]

Just like the Jets fans

It'd have been a back breaker if it wasn't really the best team in the league.  LT can't be stopped these days.

858490[/snapback]

Indeed, but what does this team really have to play for at this point? This is usually the time where the Bills of recent years fold up shop.

I'd expect that trend to continue, given how well the Jets have been playing.

Of course, the Bills CAN and COULD win this game, I just don't think it's likely. The Meadowlands has never been nice to the Bills.