"Who BLEW It!". Who's to blame for our loss to

Jauron.  I'm starting to question his ability as a coach (when to use timeouts).  He's way too conservative at the end of the game.  (Let me clarify what I'm saying.  I like Jauron.  I think he's a great coach and has made Bills fans comfortable in coaching staff for once.  It's just the timeouts.  I hope he coaches for year to come, but he needs to know when and where to use the timeouts.)

Also the refs.  You can't forget about them. 0:)  The main reason why we lost!

855537[/snapback]

Why must you blame someone every time we lose? ^_^

Jauron and Co. did a fine job getting this team ready for a much more talented opponent. They made some good adjustments at halftime too.

As for the refs, I think they missed a pass ineterference on Reed and that hurt us. Still, the Bills missed many plays on their own.

Blame the team. We had no running game, too many 3 and outs by the offense, too many turnovers, we gave up big yardage on the ground, and we could not cover Gates at all. That is your answer. The team lost as a team.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why must you blame someone every time we lose?  ^_^

Jauron and Co. did a fine job getting this team ready for a much more talented opponent.  They made some good adjustments at halftime too.

As for the refs, I think they missed a pass ineterference on Reed and that hurt us.  Still, the Bills missed many plays on their own. 

Blame the team.  We had no running game, too many 3 and outs by the offense,  too many turnovers, we gave up big yardage on the ground, and we could not cover Gates at all.  That is your answer.  The team lost as a team.

855936[/snapback]

Good post Bob.

Jauron.  I'm starting to question his ability as a coach (when to use timeouts).  He's way too conservative at the end of the game.  (Let me clarify what I'm saying.  I like Jauron.  I think he's a great coach and has made Bills fans comfortable in coaching staff for once.  It's just the timeouts.  I hope he coaches for year to come, but he needs to know when and where to use the timeouts.)

Also the refs.  You can't forget about them. ^_^  The main reason why we lost!

855537[/snapback]

Why man why? Do you think its smart or witty every time you do this?

They gave up 200 yards rushing (excluding Rivers' kneel down on the final play) and were a -2 in the takeaway/giveaway. I think that says it all.

I'd like to know the last time a team allowed 200 rushing yards and was a -2 in +/- and WON. I'm sure some team has beaten the Falcons in the Vick era when that's happened, but I'm guessing it's incredibly rare.

Sometimes the better team just wins. ^_^

855943[/snapback]

Right on, Bills Brother.

Did anyone think, at 12:59 today, that this game would come down to an onsides kick with 30 seconds to go? If you did, I want some of what you're smoking.

The Bills lost. We didn't give it away, we just lost. To a superior team, that with any justice (not to mention gift calls) will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Chill, people. We're improving. Get this team a stud DT and MLB and we'll be fine -- we probably would have won today if the run D was better.

Let's see 197 to LT & friends (160 yards passing), 207 to the Jags (132 passing), or 188 to the Texans (223 yards passing). I don't know about you, but I think today's game was the MOST impressive by our D.

We got torched by LT, and Gates killed us as well, but we still stopped them a bunch of times and this is a team hitting on all cylinders.

One more play goes our way (pass interference call, Hargrove fumble recovery, four more inches on the play that lead to 4th and 3 inches, punt team runs down the game clock before kicking at the end of the 1st half, maybe even Roscoe goes down and calls time out for a 1st half field goal) and we STUN the top team in the league right now. This with Crowell going out and Wire playing LB too.

And with Roscoe's fumble not costing us anything (time had expired because he kept running), and Hargrove rightfully having recovered the fumble, in a twisted reality we were even on turnovers.

Our run D is definitely hurting right now, which is why we traded up to the first round to draft a tackle (an injury that hurts us right now). But when you realize that that same D is holding teams to 170 yards passing for those same three games you realize that it is a flaw that needs to be addressed, but not a fatal flaw.

They gave up 200 yards rushing (excluding Rivers' kneel down on the final play) and were a -2 in the takeaway/giveaway. I think that says it all.

I'd like to know the last time a team allowed 200 rushing yards and was a -2 in +/- and WON. I'm sure some team has beaten the Falcons in the Vick era when that's happened, but I'm guessing it's incredibly rare.

856087[/snapback]

Ryan Lindell - He didn't kick that Onsides kick far enough.

Also, Dick Jauron. I know many have said it was good coaching job to get within 3 pts. of the 9-2 Chargers. No, a good coaching effort would have been a win over the 9-2 Chargers. The game was there to be had. If we had better play calling than 3 plays up the gut with 2:30 left in the first half and could have gotten a first down or two, or heaven forbid a few points, we could have won that game.

Also JP - He had pretty good game, but he still too inconsistent. Running for 2 first downs was a nice touch though.

The run defense - True it was against LT, but it still hurt us.

Let's see 197 to LT & friends (160 yards passing), 207 to the Jags (132 passing), or 188 to the Texans (223 yards passing).  I don't know about you, but I think today's game was the MOST impressive by our D.

We got torched by LT, and Gates killed us as well, but we still stopped them a bunch of times and this is a team hitting on all cylinders.

One more play goes our way (pass interference call, Hargrove fumble recovery, four more inches on the play that lead to 4th and 3 inches, punt team runs down the game clock before kicking at the end of the 1st half, maybe even Roscoe goes down and calls time out for a 1st half field goal) and we STUN the top team in the league right now.  This with Crowell going out and Wire playing LB too.

And with Roscoe's fumble not costing us anything (time had expired because he kept running), and Hargrove rightfully having recovered the fumble, in a twisted reality we were even on turnovers.

Our run D is definitely hurting right now, which is why we traded up to the first round to draft a tackle (an injury that hurts us right now).  But when you realize that that same D is holding teams to 170 yards passing for those same three games you realize that it is a flaw that needs to be addressed, but not a fatal flaw.

856121[/snapback]

Good Points, we're looking very good in the big picture, it's just a shame that we have to wait until later cause we all want to win now :blush:

Ryan Lindell - He didn't kick that Onsides kick far enough.

Also, Dick Jauron.  I know many have said it was good coaching job to get within 3 pts. of the 9-2 Chargers.  No, a good coaching effort would have been a win over the 9-2 Chargers.  The game was there to be had.  If we had better play calling than 3 plays up the gut with 2:30 left in the first half and could have gotten a first down or two, or heaven forbid a few points, we could have won that game.

Also JP - He had pretty good game, but he still too inconsistent.  Running for 2 first downs was a nice touch though.

The run defense - True it was against LT, but it still hurt us.

856943[/snapback]

Are kidding? I hope. Lindell is supposed to kick it that way. That way the Bills can be right there to hit the opposing team players when the player touches it. Any further, the opposing team player just falls on it.

You think this thread is something new?  :blush:

856137[/snapback]

:D:P

This coming from the guy who used to start a thread everytime a thought popped into his head.

You used to be (and for the most part still are) exactly like LSI Cadets. Except that LSI seems like he needs to take the Bills a little less seriously.

I don't get the "I'm not a blame the refs guy but...." posts.  I am a "blame the refs guy" and I'm not too pissed since this game doesn't even rank in the top 10 screwjobs of the last 5 years.

855642[/snapback]

I'd love to remember the game in the last 5 years when the refs were worse than this one. In fact, I've love for you to remind me of the nine other ones you are thinking of...