The Refs--AGAIN!!!

richNjoisy

Amazing--anyone else out there having deja vu?? Like the New England game?? How was that fumble NOT our ball?? And how about the freebie time out by taking a measurement no one was interested? So--where did money change hands this time???

:thumbsup:

RevNJoisy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing--anyone else out there having deja vu??  Like the New England game??  How was that fumble NOT our ball??  And how about the freebie time out by taking a measurement no one was interested?  So--where did money change hands this time???

:(

RevNJoisy

855073[/snapback]

DT

I posted it before... The fumble you talk about was ruled like this:

3-9-BUF32 (2:59) (Shotgun) P.Rivers sacked at BUF 39 for -7 yards (A.Schobel). FUMBLES (A.Schobel), recovered by SD-M.Goff at BUF 38. Simultaneous recovery, by rule ball kept by offensive team.

That is the fumble you talk about?

I didn't see it, so I can't make the call... I never knew this rule existed...

Amazing--anyone else out there having deja vu??  Like the New England game??  How was that fumble NOT our ball??  And how about the freebie time out by taking a measurement no one was interested?  So--where did money change hands this time???

RevNJoisy

855073[/snapback]

No money was exchanged. Do you REALLY think that the NFL wants a playoff without its marquee player??? In a game where not that much of the nation was seeing it, including the home market, they could easily get away with questionable calls. And lets be honest, the NFL doesn't exactly have the greatest track record. See Super Bowl XL...

I posted it before...  The fumble you talk about was ruled like this:

3-9-BUF32 (2:59) (Shotgun) P.Rivers sacked at BUF 39 for -7 yards (A.Schobel). FUMBLES (A.Schobel), recovered by SD-M.Goff at BUF 38. Simultaneous recovery, by rule ball kept by offensive team.

That is the fumble you talk about?

I didn't see it, so I can't make the call... I never knew this rule existed...

855567[/snapback]

That play was clearly a fumble. And the replay clearly showed Hargrove on the ground with 2 hands on the ball, with the ball between his legs and a Charger all over him. Result... Charger's ball. It was BS.

That play was clearly a fumble.  And the replay clearly showed Hargrove on the ground with 2 hands on the ball, with the ball between his legs and a Charger all over him.  Result... Charger's ball.  It was BS.

855582[/snapback]

Did Buffalo review... Again, I wasn't watching...

Or was it a Buffalo coaching cluster-eff?

That is mostly what im talking about. Almost like the refs were trying to stick to the bills just cause they could. That one PI near the end on whoever was playing evans was so obvious it made me think that ed hoculey was on the take or something. Its hard to beat both chargers and refs in one day.

Not to mention the PI calls that were ignored, in crucial situations.

855622[/snapback]

With the exception of the night in Foxboro that changed Ralph's mind about instant reply, that was the most poorly officiated game in Bills history. It was so blatantly pro-Chargers that it's hard to come to any conclusion other than the refs were attempting to influence the outcome.

If more people saw the game, I'm sure there would be more outrage. There were:

Two obvious pass interference calls that San Diego got away with.

A pass JP completed in the first half that was ruled incomplete because JP was ruled down. He was not; the replay on the Jumbotron showed he wasn't even close to being down when he let go of the ball.

The fumble was clearly in the Bills possession.

A catch by Peerless on the sidelines was ruled out of bounds. The refs might have got this one right. If they did, it is a poor rule and it should be changed.

Several other smaller calls that were all pro-Chargers, i.e. they gave San Diego an extra two yards on one catch. The receiver's knee was down when he caught the ball.

San Diego is a great team and the Bills played just as well as the Chargers. The offense and defense made some mistakes in the first half but I thought the Bills were clearly the better team in the second half. I was proud of the way the team played today. They could have easily won it. It's a shame that such egregious officiating all but prevented them from a victory.

No money was exchanged.  Do you REALLY think that the NFL wants a playoff without its marquee player???  In a game where not that much of the nation was seeing it, including the home market, they could easily get away with questionable calls.  And lets be honest, the NFL doesn't exactly have the greatest track record.  See Super Bowl XL...

855573[/snapback]

I did find it rather strange that we got the Big Hochli guy-who is one of few refs I recognized...usually we get the b-squad...

With the exception of the night in Foxboro that changed Ralph's mind about instant reply, that was the most poorly officiated game in Bills history. It was so blatantly pro-Chargers that it's hard to come to any conclusion other than the refs were attempting to influence the outcome.

If more people saw the game, I'm sure there would be more outrage. There were:

Two obvious pass interference calls that San Diego got away with.

A pass JP completed in the first half that was ruled incomplete because JP was ruled down. He was not; the replay on the Jumbotron showed he wasn't even close to being down when he let go of the ball.

The fumble was clearly in the Bills possession.

A catch by Peerless on the sidelines was ruled out of bounds. The refs might have got this one right. If they did, it is a poor rule and it should be changed.

Several other smaller calls that were all pro-Chargers, i.e. they gave San Diego an extra two yards on one catch. The receiver's knee was down when he caught the ball.

San Diego is a great team and the Bills played just as well as the Chargers. The offense and defense made some mistakes in the first half but I thought the Bills were clearly the better team in the second half. I was proud of the way the team played today. They could have easily won it. It's a shame that such egregious officiating all but prevented them from a victory.

855769[/snapback]

Don't forget the extra time out for SD and the failure to start the clock before the half.

855769[/snapback]

They blew that call as well for Peerless was being pushed while making the catch and before his heel touched and therefore should have been ruled a force out...

They blew that call as well for Peerless was being pushed while making the catch and before his heel touched and therefore should have been ruled a force out...

855795[/snapback]

Yup, that was the key. I don't mind the rule that if your toe tocuhes down first, your heel does too (I havn't heard that rule, but whatever). The fact was that he was pushed.

I normally defend the refs, but I have to say that we got screwed by the refs on three out of 4 plays on a drive that would've tied the game (two non-PI calls and the non-pushed out of bounds call on Price). It was completely absurd, and that's not even considering the other plays mentioned in this thread. ^_^

Would we have won? Who knows. We couldn't stop LT all game and that was a big key. But we were hanging with them and we got screwed.

So in conclusion, the Buffalo Bills are the only team in the NFL that has bad calls go against them and EVERY OTHER TEAM benefits from that.   

Am I missing anything?

855874[/snapback]

Did you actually SEE the game? When you're screwed on THREE OUT OF FOUR PLAYS in one series, that's a little more than "bad calls" IMHO.

Did you actually SEE the game?  When you're screwed on THREE OUT OF FOUR PLAYS in one series, that's a little more than "bad calls" IMHO.

855876[/snapback]

He's dead on. I highly doubt they pick the Bills to screw with, that idea is BS. But the officiating sucked. They did a poor job today. No, they didn't single out Buffalo, they just plain sucked.