London on FSR

plenzmd1

Driving tonight from DC to Richmond, Fox Sports Radio had LFB on the Andrew siciallano(sp, Tony Brunos old sidekick).

Absolutely horrible interview, but was a lot of background noise. When Andrew asked where he was , LFB said in a bar watching the NFL game.When asked why in a bar, simple answer...no Directv at the LFB house TIME Warner and no NFL network at home. Wife no interest in the game, she wanted to watch Greys Anatomy, so he went out to the bar to watch the game. Sound familiar? :)

BTW, London pretty sharp guy. Dude tried to sandbag him with some quotes from Larry Johnson on inside the NFL bout how he prefers to play for a black coach. Londons answer was he didn't hear the question, only the answer, so basically no comment. Smart move in a no win situation

BTW, London pretty sharp guy.

853259[/snapback]

I completely agree. After that NFL Network special last year ("5 Days 'Til Sunday"???), I came away with the impression that London will be a head coach in the NFL someday.

I hope he is a better coach than middle linebacker....check out the NFL Replay with the Bills Jags game and count the number of bad angles and/or missed tackles Fletcher takes. Instead of re-signing his overrated self, let's take the money and put it toward a younger, faster bigger linebacker in the form of Lance Briggs, who was drafted by Dick Jauron. We then move Crowell back to the MLB he was drafted to play and move on.

I hope he is a better coach than middle linebacker....check out the NFL Replay with the Bills Jags game and count the number of bad angles and/or missed tackles Fletcher takes. Instead of re-signing his overrated self, let's take the money and put it toward a younger, faster bigger linebacker in the form of Lance Briggs, who was drafted by Dick Jauron. We then move Crowell back to the MLB he was drafted to play and move on.

853436[/snapback]

OMG.. someone after my own heart. Sure, LFB gets 200+ tackles a season.. but, how many of those tackles are 6-8 yards down the field, after a poor angle.. he's notorious for taking poor angles and over-running plays. That being said, I think it would be pretty difficult to replace the leader of the defense. Not sure there is anyone on the current roster that could take over that role, next season. (Assuming TKO and Nate are gone. *hopes*)

I am happy to see someone agrees with my opinion.

I think your leaders on defense next year are a healthier Spikes, a re-signed Clements and D. Whitner. I also think the Bills will make a strong effort to re-sign Nate and Chris Kelsay. But if they don't I think you will see Hargrove in their for Kelsay and Youboty for Nate.

Another name to watch as a FA on the D-line, Ian Scott from Chicago. He's young (25), also drafted under Jauron in 2003 and plays the NT position in Chicago's Tampa 2. You stick him next to Tripplett, have McCargo and Williams as the back up and offer Tim Anderson his RFA tender for the year. Assuming Kelsay re-signs, you have a good deal of depth on the D-line.

If you can re-sign Nate and Kelsay, add Briggs and Scott and with a year's experience in the system, the Defense should be fine next year.

And then you concentrate your draft on OL and WR.

853436[/snapback]

I also agree. I really like Fletcher's attitude and hustle and his durability has been a blessing for the Bills. But he's not a great player, he's over 30 and will be looking for a raise and a long term deal at a time when the Bills have a bunch of important free agents to re-sign. I don't see them signing a high profile free agent LB like Briggs though. Cover 2 LB's are not that hard to find (see Keith Ellison).

I also agree.  I really like Fletcher's attitude and hustle and his durability has been a blessing for the Bills.  But he's not a great player, he's over 30 and will be looking for a raise and a long term deal at a time when the Bills have a bunch of important free agents to re-sign.  I don't see them signing a high profile free agent LB like Briggs though.  Cover 2 LB's are not that hard to find (see Keith Ellison).

853794[/snapback]

Why not designate him the franchise player for 1 year? We certainly seem to have more than enough cap room.

OMG.. someone after my own heart. Sure, LFB gets 200+ tackles a season.. but, how many of those tackles are 6-8 yards down the field, after a poor angle.. he's notorious for taking poor angles and over-running plays. That being said, I think it would be pretty difficult to replace the leader of the defense. Not sure there is anyone on the current roster that could take over that role, next season. (Assuming TKO and Nate are gone. *hopes*)

853443[/snapback]

OMFG, you guys rag on LFB for a few 6-8 down fields and poor angles yet want to put the king of catching guys from behind and getting dragged on everyplay in the probowl (Crow). :D