Bills fan too passionate?

GreenDice

TBD is the only sports fan forum I visit. It seems to me that either the people here are too passionate about the Bills or just too angry in general.

I visit other forums that discuss photography and audio/video equipment. There are some screaming and yelling but nothing like this forum.

So my question - Is TBD typical among sports fan (or NFL team) forums?

Thanks. I hope I don't start a flaming war here.

Peter Liu

TBD is the only sports fan forum I visit. It seems to me that either the people here are too passionate about the Bills or just too angry in general.

I visit other forums that discuss photography and audio/video equipment. There are some screaming and yelling but nothing like this forum.

Peter Liu

61860[/snapback]

;) :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

:lol:

Peter Liu

61860[/snapback]

Just about every American sports fan thinks they know more than the GM, coach, and/or players. Football is the most popular sport, so it goes with out saying that for every person who watches a game, each will have his (or her) own opinion of what went wrong, what went right, and where there's room for improvement. I think that's what a lot of it stems from.

Also, every time someone hears that I'm originally from Bflo, they usually say something along the lines of: "Must be a Bills fan. Everyone I meet from there is nuts about them." So I think the fact that Bills fans as a whole tend to be pretty hardcore helps to stir the proverbial pot...

BTW: Welcome aboard!

Peter Liu

61860[/snapback]

This is a sports forum? I thought it was a forum for discussing how the Cardinals are better than the Yankees, or how presidential debates interfere with your TV viewing schedule?

This is a sports forum?  I thought it was a forum for discussing how the Cardinals are better than the Yankees, or how presidential debates interfere with your TV viewing schedule?

61871[/snapback]

Thank god they decided to put this debate on a friday. I will be out and about and i dont have a set show for Thursday nights.. BTW Tom, didnt you comment on how you liked LOST? I like that and Survivor.. that's really it. I think you're coming over to the TVLand... next thing you know, you'll be sending in your video for Survivor 19 - Survivor in Hell! ;)

Don't know if this one is typical because I don't visit any other forums. I can say that all Bills fans are very passionate about their team and what you see here is mostly venting of frusterations, suggestions and opinions. You'll see a lot of OT posts as well. I liken this board to a big family. It's like when you fight with a brother or sister. You're pissed at the time but it's all good in the end.

Welcome.

It all depends if the Bills are 0-3 or 3-0.

61863[/snapback]

True. If I could only remember the last time we were actually 3-0, without looking it up... sigh...

Peter, I think you'd find similar passion on many NFL or college message boards, not so much on, say, an NBA board. (The only exceptions might be a team like the Cards or Jaguars, one that doesn't have a longstanding base of die-hard fans.) And when the Bills aren't doing well, typing a rant on a computer keyboard is less destructive than rampaging through the house breaking stuff.

Plus, as you've probably noticed, there are some people here that don't like each other much no matter what the subject. I'd suggest making use of the "Ignore" setting for them.

Peter Liu

61860[/snapback]

The Bills are a big thing in Buffalo...I was born there but have lived for extended time in 2 other NFL cities, Pittsburgh and now Cincinnati. In Pgh before the I-net existed.

I don't hunt around other forums to any especial degree, but yes, this is a passionate one. In Buffalo (a very friendly city with a much higher general level of education than outsiders may think, and a city steeped in ethnic, religious, and amicable diversity for a long, long time - the "man in the street" in Bflo. is noticably more polite and civil than other cities I've lived in. At the turn of the century, Buffalo was the 6th-largest city in the nation, and was a nexus of commerce - grain, iron, steel, chemicals, power, manufacturing and so forth. On that legacy, and for being an for an old rust-bucket town these days, it remains quite cosmopolitan.), we do like our football team.

Whew! That was wordy! ;)

Stop in anytime...

Ok, I gotta give ya that one... !

Too bad for me, I'm also a Sabres fan...

61907[/snapback]

Got you beat on that one...Bills, Sabres...and friggin' Washington Capitals ("Hey, wouldn't it be a hoot to blow a 4-2 lead by giving up four goals in the last 2:30 of the game?") and Toronto Blue Jays ("What a great season! We almost broke past the magic "30 games back" barrier!") I'm sure, if I didn't loathe basketball, I'd be a Clippers fan.

I sure can pick 'em. Kind of makes me want to fall to my knees and shout "PLEASE vote me off this !@#$ing island!!!!"

Got you beat on that one...Bills, Sabres...and friggin' Washington Capitals ("Hey, wouldn't it be a hoot to blow a 4-2 lead by giving up four goals in the last 2:30 of the game?") and Toronto Blue Jays ("What a great season!  We almost broke past the magic "30 games back" barrier!")  I'm sure, if I didn't loathe basketball, I'd be a Clippers fan. 

I sure can pick 'em.  Kind of makes me want to fall to my knees and shout "PLEASE vote me off this !@#$ing island!!!!"

61932[/snapback]

Im still agitated about te 98 Eastern Conference Finals....damn Joe Juneau ;) ...I was at Game 5 at the MCI Center that year too...Hasek was insane!!!

Im still agitated about te 98 Eastern Conference Finals....damn Joe Juneau  ;) ...I was at Game 5 at the MCI Center that year too...Hasek was insane!!!

61939[/snapback]

Don't remind me. I vividly remember watching it on TV as Juneau cost me a $500 bet...

This is a sports forum?  I thought it was a forum for discussing how the Cardinals are better than the Yankees, or how presidential debates interfere with your TV viewing schedule?

61871[/snapback]

Hmmm...sounds like some interesting topics. Let's elaborate on those. ;)