Chambers wants the ball more

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/16127662.htm

Chris Chambers is complaining that he is not getting enough balls thrown his way. I hope he causes a huge mess in Miami and gets traded to... Buffalo! He's a stud, I'd take him any day of the week!

852573[/snapback]

Chris Chambers is just as much of a "stud" as Jerry Porter. He's a good receiver but I wouldnt trade a high pick for him.1 1000 yard year in 6 years which he didnt achieve until his 5th in the league.Someone who normally only averages 870 yards a season can hardly be considered a "Stud".

Who were his QBs?

... that's what I thought.

Chris Chambers is just as much of a "stud" as Jerry Porter. He's a good receiver but I wouldnt trade a high pick  for him.1 1000 yard year in 6 years which he didnt achieve until his 5th in the league.Someone who normally only averages 870 yards a season can hardly be considered a "Stud".

852877[/snapback]

Chris Chambers is just as much of a "stud" as Jerry Porter. He's a good receiver but I wouldnt trade a high pick  for him.1 1000 yard year in 6 years which he didnt achieve until his 5th in the league.Someone who normally only averages 870 yards a season can hardly be considered a "Stud".

852877[/snapback]

As much as I hate praising any Dolphin player, Chambers might be the most underrated WR in the league.

He's just had a terrible run of it in Miami with the revolving door at QB. His numbers have suffered (similiar to Moulds in his prime) because of this. Only thing is, on pure athletic talent alone, Chambers is better than Moulds was.

Put him on a team with a good QB (or at least a consistant one) and he'd be mentioned along with the other top WRs of the league.

Who were his QBs?

... that's what I thought.

852979[/snapback]

That's a tired excuse. Stud wr's still put up yards, regardless of the lack of a profiecent qb. Jay Fiedler might not have been a franchise qb, but at least there was consistency with the position for the most part. Fiedlers worst season as a starter is about equal to what JP has produced so far, and yet evans who is a somewhat compareable receiver will probably reach about 1200 yards which would better chambers career best of 1118. I dont see the guy as a premiere wr. He's good but I wouldnt rank him with the games best.

That's a tired excuse. Stud wr's still put up yards, regardless of the lack of a profiecent qb. Jay Fiedler might not have been a franchise qb, but at least there was consistency with the position for the most part.  Fiedlers worst season as a starter is about equal to what JP has produced so far, and yet evans who is a somewhat compareable receiver will probably reach about 1200 yards which would better chambers career best of 1118.  I dont see the guy as a premiere wr.  He's good but I wouldnt rank him with the games best.

853080[/snapback]

You mean like Randy Moss??? ;)

He is single-handely killing my fantasy team. :)

Facts are Chambers is one of the best pure wrs in the game. His vertical and hands are at the top of the game. The man is talented and is being wasted in Miami.

Facts are Chambers is one of the best pure wrs in the game.  His vertical and hands are at the top of the game.  The man is talented and is being wasted in Miami.

853190[/snapback]

Best pure WRs in the game ;)

C.Johnson, A.Johnson, L.Evans, S.Smith, A.Boldin, T.Holt, T.Owens, L.Fitzgerald, M.Harrison, R.Wayne, R.Williams....do I keep going? :)

Chambers believes however he is a legit #1 WR.....there is no way he comes here & plays 2nd fiddle to Evans without causing problems.

Apart from that, he has proven that he is inconsistent. If he is that good why does Welker have 53-554 & Chambers only have 44-490? Many, many WRs play in terrible offences with bad QBs.....the great ones shine through regardless. Look at Boldin from the Cards....absolutely awful offences & he consistently produces big numbers. Evans did the same......as did C.Johnson.

He's not even that big.....5'11" 210lbs

He is IMO a very good #2......& that is what he will be if he comes here.

Just because somebody can sometimes look like a star does not mean they are star material.

You mean like Randy Moss???

Facts are Chambers is one of the best pure wrs in the game. His vertical and hands are at the top of the game. The man is talented and is being wasted in Miami.  :)

853190[/snapback]

Randy Moss's game is vertical stretch and jump ball. He's a lazy route runner and too soft to go over the middle of the field. He's also disenfranchised with the raiders. On the right team Moss could still be a factor but he's not as fast as he used to be.

Chris Chambers does have a great vertical jump and good hands. Being wasted in Miami? I could buy it. One of the best pure wrs in the game? No he's not. He's on pace for a 64 catch season which is above his average of 59 catches a season. His yardage output is lower then that of Marty Booker and Wes Welker. So Either Chambers isnt as good as advertised or Marty Booker is a premiere wr.

That's a tired excuse. Stud wr's still put up yards, regardless of the lack of a profiecent qb.

853080[/snapback]

Weak reply. Of course the QB matters to a WR. Look at Chambers numbers, not including this season, he'a always averaged over 13 YPC. Thats a pretty decent number for a WR. Chambers isnt a top 5 WR, but he's a good WR who would put up better numbers in a different system, or if he had a decent QB.

I'd take an Evans/Chambers combo in a second.

Weak reply. Of course the QB matters to a WR. Look at Chambers numbers, not including this season, he'a always averaged over 13 YPC. Thats a pretty decent number for a WR. Chambers isnt a top 5 WR, but he's a good WR who would put up better numbers in a different system, or if he had a decent QB.

I'd take an Evans/Chambers combo in a second.

853205[/snapback]

This was pretty much my point :)

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/16127662.htm

Chris Chambers is complaining that he is not getting enough balls thrown his way. I hope he causes a huge mess in Miami and gets traded to... Buffalo! He's a stud, I'd take him any day of the week!

852573[/snapback]

yeah, trading Chambers or any other player within the division to Buffalo is exactly what Miami would want to do