Madden Cover

CFLstyle

Who do you think will be on the cover of Madden next year and when will the Bills ever get on???

Does anyone know if there has ever been a Bill on the cover in the history of the game?

I would say LT but there was a running back on the cover last year so I suppose it will be Chad Johnson or Peyton Manning/Tom Brady.

852255[/snapback]

I agree that it will probably be LT on next year's cover. Truthfully, I hope none of our guys ever make the cover of Madden. Their is a jinx for sure. I thought it was a fluke, but every single one goes down for an extended period of time. Somtimes for a whole season. I'll be happy printing out my own Bills covers off of the net.

Drew Bledsoe is the next Madden cover boy.

They did a photo shoot for the 2008 version of the game in Dallas back in early September. Apparently, Madden has always admired Bledsoe and wants him to be the final cover boy of his game before he retires from broadcasting and video games.  :P

852836[/snapback]

"Sir, would you like that Madden with Bledsoe on the cover gift-wrapped?"

"Nah, throw it in a sack".

I agree that it will probably be LT on next year's cover. Truthfully, I hope none of our guys ever make the cover of Madden. Their is a jinx for sure. I thought it was a fluke, but every single one goes down for an extended period of time. Somtimes for a whole season. I'll be happy printing out my own Bills covers off of the net.

852823[/snapback]

Where do you get these from? I googled it and can't find anything.

2000 - Barry Sanders abruptly retires before training camp (was he warned of the impending curse?)

2000 - Dorsey Levens is cut by Green Bay the following season

2001 - Eddie George enjoys career year, until costly turnover leads to Titan's playoff exit

2002 - Daunte Culpepper leads team to dismal 4–7 record before season-ending knee injury

2003 - Marshall Faulk suffers ankle injury; career diminishes thereafter

2004 - Michael Vick fractures right fibula in preseason game, just one day after Madden is released; sidelined for season

2005 - Ray Lewis fails to post a single interception (after grabbing 6 the previous year), and injury forces him to miss the final game of the season; the Ravens also fail to make the playoffs after winning the division in the 2003–2004 season

2006 - Donovan McNabb suffers sports hernia in first game and undergoes season-ending surgery in November; T.O. feud escalates; Eagles finish 6–10 after reaching the Super Bowl the previous year

2007 - Shaun Alexander fractures left foot in Week 3 ...

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/26/alexande...curse-to-blame/

I's guess Payton Manning or maybe Larry Johnson (if he wins the rushing title)

This was the last season for the Madden franchise if the nerds at the EB Games were telling the truth, and its going to be called something completely different next year. My question is this: When they change the name will the Madden cover jinx go away?

852272[/snapback]

"Madden 08" should be called "Madden 07" because it's not like they really change anything from year to year.

I think they switch from an offensive to a defensive player each year.  I think it would be a defensive guy in 2008.  Urlacher?

852639[/snapback]

You're probably right which would result in me not buying the game. ESPN could call the game, "Let's all perform fellatio on Brian Urlacher"

I'm so sick of him, I can't wait for the Bears to lose in the first round of the playoffs because Grossman throws 5 ints. When he throws an INT it's not because the defense makes some great play, it's becaus he truly sucks as a QB. The guy just flings the ball around the field with reckless disregard.

"Madden 08" should be called "Madden 07" because it's not like they really change anything from year to year.

852915[/snapback]

That my friend is probably the most true statement ever made on this board. Imagine if they just sold a roster update from year to year for like $15 and came out with a new game every 3 years. Great for us but terrible for them, I'm a sap though and usually buy it every year.

I play the game on PC and my 06' madden on PC looks better than 07 for Xbox 360. Funny.

...just got off the phone with my sister. She's interning as a graphic artist at EA Sports' parent company Vivendi Entertainment. She tells me that it will be J.P. Losman on next years cover!!!

http://www.demolitionmusic.com/images/jp_maddencover.jpg

853496[/snapback]

Thats funnny man I opened up that link and started craking up at work and people were looking at me. Thanks for that.