As one who leans to the right.....

bbb

Listen Skippy, For you to say "the total disaster he is" is complete ignorance." Is he doing a perfect Job? No. Can he do a better Job? Yes. Will he do a better job in the next 2 years? I doubt it.

So take you partisan ass, and shove it. And I mean that in the nicest way Mrs Lincoln.  :beer:

852244[/snapback]

Sorry, you don't have to be a partisan to see bush is a disaster. You have to be a partisan to see that he isn't. Maybe opening your eyes would help? Then again, useful idiots don't do that, do they?

Have a good night

Listen Skippy, For you to say "the total disaster he is" is complete ignorance." Is he doing a perfect Job? No. Can he do a better Job? Yes. Will he do a better job in the next 2 years? I doubt it.

So take you partisan ass, and shove it. And I mean that in the nicest way Mrs Lincoln.  :beer:

852244[/snapback]

He's just here to chant "Democrats rule, Republicans drool!" You're wasting your time.

He's just here to chant "Democrats rule, Republicans drool!"  You're wasting your time.

852251[/snapback]

I'll agree with you, only to say that his cord has stretched to the nth degree.

Maybe, rather than him complaining about things on this board, he should go down to the nearest animal shelter and help neuter cats, no? :beer:

I'm a senior in college, and I'm not lying.  Sorry, but I just don't hear the Reagan quote used.

Its not really a surprise that you feel everything is slanted to the left.  People who identify as someone right of center tends to think of the media as being too far left.  Likewise, someone who self-ids as left of center tends to think the media is too far right.

852184[/snapback]

The Reagan quote kind of became obsolete by 1992. Is there some other wall that needs tearing down? Sure, it's historical, but that's the thing. "Ask not...." is something that stands the test of time and is a central tenet of what made/makes this country great --- to wit, that America was founded on sacrifice for the benefit of the whole rather than the 'where's mine?' mentality (which, sadly, has taken a choke hold in the last 15 years). The JFK era is on the cusp of not really mattering who was in what party b/c it's so far removed from today's context. If someone put a gun to my head and asked which party Truman, Eisenhower, etc. belonged to, I'd have a 50% chance of living.... party doesn't matter. What they did mattered, what they said mattered. Some presidents' most famous quotes stuck to the there and then, some aimed higher. Without a doubt 'Ask not...' is remembered more, and deserves to be remembered more than the other piddler quotes proposed. "I did not have sex..." will not be remembered 100 years from now; it won't matter 100 years from now. But JFK's line will still be a truth; he had a great speechwriter.

I'll agree with you, only to say that his cord has stretched to the nth degree.

Maybe, rather than him complaining about things on this board, he should go down to the nearest animal shelter and help neuter cats, no? :nana:

852257[/snapback]

He could neuter himself! :beer:

mg_2002, do you know who coined the term "useful idiots"? -Lenin called the left in the US this.

FWIW, I've never heard that Reagan quote but once, and I don't remember where.  But maybe that's just me...

852151[/snapback]

Get your $ back, because they sure aren't giving you a good education at ND.

I'm a senior in college, and I'm not lying.  Sorry, but I just don't hear the Reagan quote used.

Its not really a surprise that you feel everything is slanted to the left.  People who identify as someone right of center tends to think of the media as being too far left.  Likewise, someone who self-ids as left of center tends to think the media is too far right.

852184[/snapback]

No offense, but I wouldn't expect anyone going to a US College to be getting much positive information on the Reagan Era - especially that quote.

That list is a fuggin' joke. "Oh, my nose!" is on the list but "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" isn't?

At the end of the day, it's actually pretty sad that the pervasiveness of partisanship filters all the way to stuff as stupid as a TVLand list.

No offense, but I wouldn't expect anyone going to a US College to be getting much positive information on the Reagan Era - especially that quote.

852295[/snapback]

You're expecting wrong, at least with how UT Austin is.

The classes I've taken on foreign policy have all studied Reagan and were positive regarding his foreign policy efforts.

That quote just doesn't seem to be repeated much.

:bag:  :censored:  :P

I'll write them a letter and ask them to include a "Cold War Quotes 102" class for next semester.

852301[/snapback]

Here's a start.

"We will bury you." - Kruschev

"I will crush you" - Ivan Drago

"Must capture Moose and Squirrell." - Boris Badenov