Why in the world can't a multimillion dollar corp

cale

Because no fan ever attended a game to watch cheerleaders?

851685[/snapback]

I agree to an extent for when it comes to the NFL, cheerleaders are an afterthought! But after reading the article, the cheerleaders must be giving some incentive. I mean to have all those strict rules and criteria and having to be the best of the crop and that they help market a multi-million dollar organization it is just plain being CHEAP not to give 12-20 women a salary to sit in cold windy stadiums half naked! If we didn't have cheerleaders some would complain loudly. So they should at least pay the girls something; I mean if they aren't being paid, can't pose or even date a player what do they get out of the deal?

I agree to an extent for when it comes to the NFL, cheerleaders are an afterthought! But after reading the article, the cheerleaders must be giving some incentive. I mean to have all those strict rules and criteria and having to be the best of the crop and that they help market a multi-million dollar organization it is just plain being CHEAP not to give 12-20 women a salary to sit in cold windy stadiums half naked! If we didn't have cheerleaders some would complain loudly. So they should at least pay the girls something; I mean if they aren't being paid, can't pose or even date a player what do they get out of the deal?

851692[/snapback]

That's exactly right...I'd like to go see a game without the cheerleaders and no music and no gazillion other things that add to the experience (beer?)...Just a bunch of guys beating the &^%* out of each other...for 3-4 hours on a Sunday afternoon in freezing temps...Oh, but we'd still have commercial breaks...

Come on the NFL and Media are multimillior dollar industries - surely they can pay these gals...It's only fair...

Sounds like the girls are in it cause they love it...but if you want professional cheerleaders than treat them as professionals - pay 'em...Here is the Jills appearance info - notice who gets the checks...

Jills Appearance Fees

Here is another info page:

Cheerleaders Don't Make $$

They seem like honest, hardworking folks - why not compensate them fairly?

C

That's exactly right...I'd like to go see a game without the cheerleaders and no music and no gazillion other things that add to the experience (beer?)...Just a bunch of guys beating the &^%* out of each other...for 3-4 hours on a Sunday afternoon in freezing temps...Oh, but we'd still have commercial breaks...

Come on the NFL and Media are multimillior dollar industries - surely they can pay these gals...It's only fair...

Sounds like the girls are in it cause they love it...but if you want professional cheerleaders than treat them as professionals - pay 'em...Here is the Jills appearance info - notice who gets the checks...

Jills Appearance Fees

Here is another info page:

Cheerleaders Don't Make $$

They seem like honest, hardworking folks - why not compensate them fairly?

C

851705[/snapback]

I look at it this way... they get paid for their appearances. They get calendar photo shoots with trip and expenses included, they get to be on the field during games for free... and for the ones that have talent and know how to market themselves they can treat this as an internship for possible modeling careers. Don't feel to bad for them.

Because no fan ever attended a game to watch cheerleaders?

851685[/snapback]

When the team was playing like crap, the Jills were the only reason to go into the stadium

They looked pretty good on Sunday.

851690[/snapback]

Yeah...but you're straight...and not blind...we've got hotties galore :D

I look at it this way... they get paid for their appearances.  They get calendar photo shoots with trip and expenses included, they get to be on the field during games for free... and for the ones that have talent and know how to market themselves they can treat this as an internship for possible modeling careers.  Don't feel to bad for them.

851714[/snapback]

They have to pay for the calendar trip..at a discount, but still pricey. The Puerto Rico trip cost each girl that went $600...for airfare and lodging...so if you add in spending money and stuff, they each had to fork out a grand.