Most Important Game Of the Year

Fixed your post :bag:

Sorry, but I think this is an important point.  Those tickets that are unsold are the upper deck tickets.  I really believe that people simply do not want to deal with the drunks and the fighting that goes on up there.

I also think that the other issue is that those seats exist in the first place.  One of the smallest markets in the league has one of the largest stadiums in the league.  That just ain't fair.

We will not sell out, but yet we will still outdraw at least a handfull of other stadiums around the league.

851032[/snapback]

Not true. The worst time I've had with the drunks was actually in the 100s on the sidelines! I can't say it didn't make me think twice about choosing Sabres tix over the Bills (of course, it's easier for me to get to some of the Sabres away games...)

What completely boggles my mind is that Buffalo was the first city to have a blackout ALL YEAR!!! How is that possible with fans like Miami and Tampa? :bag:

851037[/snapback]

Most teams have a large number of tickets bought by corporations, hence the empty seats you see in Miami. Don't lump Tampa in with Miami though. In spite of a terrable year - due to injuries, all the seats are filled in Tampa.

I'm not going to blame to the Sabres or the economy or anything else. Bottom line, it's really hard to market a game that most people think we're going to lose. Not only do most people think we'll lose, they think we're going to get killed. Add on top of that a snow forecast which will take out more than a few long distance travelers, and the fact that the Chargers fans won't be travelling here to gobble up tickets like the Cheeseheads did. Adds up to about 9,000 tickets to me.

As an aside, I get pissed at people on this board who give other a hard time when they say they can't go because they live too far away. I live in Philadelphia. I can't drive 7 hours each way to go see a football game. 14 hours of driing for 3 hours of entertainment is silly. I usually do it once a season but to suggest that people can seriously have season ticket commitments for that kind of drive is crazy. If you do it good for you, I have work and fmaily commitments that keep me from doing that. I'd rather stay here and watch the game with my wife and 6 month old than drive all the way up there by myself to watch the game, the baby can't go to the game, it's too cold, and we don't have a sitter up there. For the playoffs I can probably justify it, for a regualr season game I think we're going to lose about 48-3 I can't. And if that makes me a bad fan fine, I suck. When I lived up there I was there evry week, even when we were crap so I paid my dues already.

What completely boggles my mind is that Buffalo was the first city to have a blackout ALL YEAR!!! How is that possible with fans like Miami and Tampa? :blink:

851037[/snapback]

I find that nearly impossible to believe. Perhaps as Fla Bills Fan suggested, corporations are buying large amounts of tickets elsewhere. There's definitely something to that, because the Miami game back in game 2 was noticeably devoid of fans. And I'm sure we could see similarly empty seats in other teams stadiums. So, I just don't buy it.

The Sabres have been better than the Bills over the last 6 years.  That's contributing to our loss in sales.  Who could blame them, the Sabres are more enjoyable than the Bills at the present time.....still.

851202[/snapback]

Sabres over the last 6 years??

They didnt make the playoffs three of those years and were drawing like 11000 people per game....this is hardly the reason

While I agree with the capacity argument, would it be justified to knock out ~10,000 seats at the Ralph and install luxury boxes for a win-win scenario?

851052[/snapback]

I always felt that a 55,000 - 60,000 seat stadium was the right size for a stadium for this area. I think you can even raise the ticket prices (not too much, though) at that capacity, too.

75,000 is too much, and 82,000 was just plain obscene. They had to be the cheapest seats in the league to sell that gig out.

I find that nearly impossible to believe.  Perhaps as Fla Bills Fan suggested, corporations are buying large amounts of tickets elsewhere.  There's definitely something to that, because the Miami game back in game 2 was noticeably devoid of fans.  And I'm sure we could see similarly empty seats in other teams stadiums.  So, I just don't buy it.

851679[/snapback]

Something is seriously messed up in Oakland. They are notorious for not selling out and usually draw about 48K per game (probably less when they suck like they do now). I have the Sunday Ticket and watched a few minutes of Raiders games there are whole sections of empty seats in the upper decks there. For the heck of it I looked up the "official" attendance for some Raiders games this season. Curiously, they are the only team in the NFL that has a "NA" (not available) listed under their games for certain home games. All i can figure is they have a huge coporate deal whereby some company buys up all the unsold seats in their rinky dink stadium. must be nice.

San Diego @ Oakland 62,578

Cleve @ Oak NA

Ariz @ Oak NA

Pitt @ Oak NA

Den @ Oak NA

Miami listed the following attendance for their 1st two games.

Buf @ Mia 72,797

Ten @ Mia 72,733