FYI- Losman's Int was a fluke

Zona

Since some of you may not have actually seen the game due to the Blackout, I just wanted to say something about JP's Int.

I have read some comments here, and listened to the Announcers of the game yesterday, blaming JP for a horrible throw on the ball that was picked off. In all the excitement of Royal's strip and recovery is the fact that Penington stepped in front of JP as he was delivering the ball. It almost looked like he was getting hit by a defender, thats how hard he hit JP. He totally couldn't step into the throw and it was 20 yards short because of it. Penington wasn't engaged with a rusher at the time, he was just trying to move to his left and back to help a guy coming from the Blindside. It was just one of those things.

I dont think JP made many mistakes yesterday at all. The friggin announcer (Soloman Wilcots I believe) said that JP had two killer mistakes already in the game, a pick and a fumble. Well excuse me if Willis cant catch a pitch out, and our RT bumps our QB in mid-throw while trying to help out in protection.

Go Bills!!! Maybe we are finally "learning how to win"?

Since some of you may not have actually seen the game due to the Blackout, I just wanted to say something about JP's Int.

I have read some comments here, and listened to the Announcers of the game yesterday, blaming JP for a horrible throw on the ball that was picked off. In all the excitement of Royal's strip and recovery is the fact that Penington stepped in front of JP as he was delivering the ball. It almost looked like he was getting hit by a defender, thats how hard he hit JP. He totally couldn't step into the throw and it was 20 yards short because of it. Penington wasn't engaged with a rusher at the time, he was just trying to move to his left and back to help a guy coming from the Blindside. It was just one of those things.

I dont think JP made many mistakes yesterday at all. The friggin announcer (Soloman Wilcots I believe) said that JP had two killer mistakes already in the game, a pick and a fumble. Well excuse me if Willis cant catch a pitch out, and our RT bumps our QB in mid-throw while trying to help out in protection.

849876[/snapback]

Silly you - that genius behind the Mike was the venerable Gus Johnson. He was helped in his wisdom Sunday by another master of the airwaves - Ian "The Iron" Eagle.

Silly you - that genius behind the Mike was the venerable Gus Johnson. He was helped in his wisdom Sunday by another master of the airwaves - Ian "The Iron" Eagle.

849881[/snapback]

Ah, I wasn't sure about the talking head, but the comment bugged the crap outta me.

Glad you mentioned the fumbles.

I am in Rochester, and only saw the last few minutes on CBS. I listened to the rest of the game via the radio broadcast but missed the first 20 minutes because I was running errands with my fiance. One of the first plays I heard was "interception."

Anyway, can you elaborate on the fumbles?

Glad you mentioned the fumbles.

I am in Rochester, and only saw the last few minutes on CBS. I listened to the rest of the game via the radio broadcast but missed the first 20 minutes because I was running errands with my fiance. One of the first plays I heard was "interception."

Anyway, can you elaborate on the fumbles?

849906[/snapback]

The only fumble Losman had on the day was early in the first quarter on a pitch play to Willis. Since Willis stone-handed the thing and dropped it at his feet it, the fumble goes to the QB. The rule states that the RB must gain control of the Handoff or pitch play and then fumble it for it to be his fumble. Since willis didnt catch it, it's JP's fumble.

To me, it looked like the win knocked that one down.

849884[/snapback]

During the broadcast, one of the replays was from behind the QB, and its very apparent that Penningon backed into Losman as he was stepping into the throw. You can see that the hit caused Losman to shift to the right and as a result, the pass left his hand almost end over end.

The only fumble Losman had on the day was early in the first quarter on a pitch play to Willis. Since Willis stone-handed the thing and dropped it at his feet it, the fumble goes to the QB. The rule states that the RB must gain control of the Handoff or pitch play and then fumble it for it to be his fumble. Since willis didnt catch it, it's JP's fumble.

849912[/snapback]

Losman is listed as having a second fumble according to NFL.com. I assume this was a botched exchange between Losman and Fowler. Is that true?

Either way it's funny. If a columnist remarks that Losman made a lot of mistakes and cites the interception and two fumbles, it is annoying but at least understandable because that person is clearly just reading off the stat sheet.

However, it's ludicrous that the announcer of the game, who in a perfect world is actually WATCHING the game, makes a similar comment. Just plain idiotic, really.

I only saw one fumble. Maybe I missed one somewhere. I saw 2 listed at Yahoo as well.

I have come to despise almost all announcers as worthless. Aikman and Moose Johnson are two that I like. Ihate it that they are ex-cowboys, but they do a good job in the booth.

I was at the game, Yes Pennington knocked into JP on that throw (saw that clearly on the Screen, and there were 2 fumbles, the first was a botched handoff to Willis (that willis dropped, not exactly JP's fault as he handed it right to willis) and the second was a botched snap that JP had to dive under the linemen for

849876[/snapback]

I was pulling my hair out, waiting for the dynamic duo of Ian and Wilcots to mention JP getting nailed on the throw. They said nothing.

Another thing that bothered me was when JP had a pass tipped that fluttered through the air, but was still caught by Royal. Ian Eagle was laughing at how bad a pass that was, not realizing that it was tipped. Wilcots finally chimed in at the end, briefly noting that the ball was tipped, but was careful to lay the blame at Losman's feet for making such an ill-advised pass (i.e., one that can be tipped when a 6-7 lineman jumps 12 inches up in the air).

I'll take Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker (shudder) any day over those clowns from yesterday.

I was at the game, Yes Pennington knocked into JP on that throw (saw that clearly on the Screen, and there were 2 fumbles, the first was a botched handoff to Willis (that willis dropped, not exactly JP's fault as he handed it right to willis) and the second was a botched snap that JP had to dive under the linemen for

849984[/snapback]

On the INT, the ball got caught in the air and died...the wind was gusty during that drive (My GF wanted me to by her gloves); most likely from JP not getting enough on it from Pennington