You watch it:the media will jump on JP & da Bills

bluv

especially if we win next week. Instead of JP and Bills being considered a joke you will start to here how many GM's were actually in awe of JP's athletic abilities and how he was the fastest QB with the strongest arm in the 2004 draft and that were thinking hard about making a move for him. Instead of JP not being eligible to be included in discussions regarding his draft class, it would be how he and Rivers might be the cream of the crop since Eli and Ben play have fell off and how maybe they weren't as good as advertised and were just being carried by good teams and having a better supporting cast than JP. If we really rebound, make the playoffs and actually win a playoff game, they will start to ask JP how he felt about the ESPN NFL fantasy commercial that made fun of him where the guy being sarcastic was saying that:"JP Losman is the reincarnation of Kenny Stabler!" And how Buffalo is better than you think as they have lost close games to good teams. If we do continue to win for the next 2,3 games just notice how JP and Buffalo begins to roll of their lips.

I not getting my hopes up against the Chargers. I hope they win.. but I won't expect it out of them.

849766[/snapback]

But IF they DO, the bandwagons riders will come on quick. They almost beat the Colts, put up astronomical stats against Houston, beat a good team in Jaguars and a great team in the Chargers. If they do, beleive me, we will finally start to get some recognition, NO DOUBT!

Please... let's stop this silliness. Why does one need the media in order to validate one's existence?

There's a big difference between reality and fantasy. The Bills rank 21st in defense and 29th in offense. If you want to really feel silly... go bet your house on the Bills. Not that it takes a brain surgeon to figure this one out, but, the Bills are not going to the playoffs this year. Not pissing in your corn flakes... just the doc being the doc.... 'tellin it like it is and keepin it real'.

Please... let's stop this silliness.  Why does one need the media in order to validate one's existence? 

There's a big difference between reality and fantasy. The Bills rank 21st in defense and 29th in offense.    If you want to really feel silly... go bet your house on the Bills.  Not that it takes a brain surgeon to figure this one out, but, the Bills are not going to the playoffs this year.  Not pissing in your corn flakes... just the doc being the doc.... 'tellin it like it is and keepin it real'.

849771[/snapback]

Dr. Pessimistic strikes again. Or should I say Dr. Piss on everyone being excited... Or should I say Dr. Soothsayer - I see all!!

Just keepin' it real. :doh:

Please... let's stop this silliness.  Why does one need the media in order to validate one's existence? 

There's a big difference between reality and fantasy. The Bills rank 21st in defense and 29th in offense.    If you want to really feel silly... go bet your house on the Bills.  Not that it takes a brain surgeon to figure this one out, but, the Bills are not going to the playoffs this year.  Not pissing in your corn flakes... just the doc being the doc.... 'tellin it like it is and keepin it real'.

849771[/snapback]

screw you

But IF they DO, the bandwagons riders will come on quick. They almost beat the Colts, put up astronomical stats against Houston, beat a good team in Jaguars and a great team in the Chargers. If they do, beleive me, we will finally start to get some recognition, NO DOUBT!

849770[/snapback]

After watching the da raiders @ charges game, I believe the bills have a GOOD chance in this game. Should they continue playing like they have, hopefully we will find some Run D. But you know LT will break some, we just need to stop the big plays.......Rivers didnt look all awesome under pressure.......and the raiders did pressure him.....so I expect the bills to be able to do the same. Brooks killed the Raiders chance to win with his late game interception :doh: ....... As long as the bills have NO turn overs.......I truely believe it will be a good game and winnable!

if we cant stop freddy and mo-jo (which are good backs) i dont see much of a shot of us stopping lt (a GREAT back). i hope we can pull something out of our asses, but really folks... gotta be realistic. our run d is horrible. we better stack the box and hope our corners have an outstanding game.

Pat Kirwan on Sirius (love it now that it's streaming) just gave props to JP. Said he's been very hard on him, but that he's showed great poise the past 2 weeks. He closed by saying that the Bills are going nowhere :doh: but at least the QB issue has finally been resolved, good job by DJ etc.

I want to hear what Solly has to say since he worked the game, hope he's on today at 3. :D

I agree with you about the media.

I could give two sh-ts about what any of those guys say.

But I'll take issue with a couple of things you said.

I want the number of your brain surgeon so I can have his medical license pulled.

The bills are two games out of a wild card spot with 5 games left to play.

MUCH stranger things have happened especially in this day in age.

I agree its not likely. But i would stay away from brain surgeons who make assumptions based on their opinions rather than facts.

What flimsy argument are you trying to make out of the fact that the bills are ranked low in overall offensive and defensive categories? Did you see that the Bills put up 27 points on a defense that is only giving up 14.9 a game according to those same stats?

So doctor next time maybe you should tell it like it really is instead of how it is in your negative-thinking mind.

849771[/snapback]

I agree with you about the media.

I could give two sh-ts about what any of those guys say.

But I'll  take issue with a couple of things you said.

I want the number of your brain surgeon so I can have his medical license pulled.

The bills are two games out of a wild card spot with 5 games left to play.

MUCH stranger things have happened especially in this day in age.

I agree its not likely. But i would stay away from brain surgeons who make assumptions based on their opinions rather than facts.

What flimsy argument are you trying to make out of the fact that the bills are ranked low in overall offensive and defensive categories? Did you see that the Bills put up 27 points on a defense that is only giving up 14.9 a game according to those same stats?

So doctor next time maybe you should tell it like it really is instead of how it is in your negative-thinking mind.

849815[/snapback]

Offense and Defense Stats

Before everyone kills the doctor he's right about the stats, remember, yes we CAN make the playoffs, but even if we win all 5 games it might not be enough in the AFC East. I want us to make it as much as the next fan, but we're suffering from tunnel vision. The word playoffs shouldn't be uttered from us until we're 9-6. I feel like it's times like these when we build ourselves up that we get in trouble. Let's take this one game at a time, this is our toughest remaining opponent, since chances are the Ravens won't have anything to play for (hopefully) on the last week.

I about drove off the road last night when Shawn Salisbur was waxing poetic about JP. I couldn't freakin' believe it. The more I hear all these guys talk, the more I realize they have no idea what they're taling about. You might as well listen to a bunch of guys in a bar talk about football, because any of these talking head are about as useful.

Well yeah .. technically we are ranked in the lower tier. I never disputed that.

But if you're going to take those stats so seriously then you also have to take the stat i pointed out in my previous post (how we scored 27 points on a defense that only gives up 14.9) just as seriously.

But i think we all know those rankings don't mean crap cause they don't take into account improvment, injuries, etc. Are we really the 21st best defense in the nfl? personally i don't think so. I think we are a couple notches below the top 10 but of course that is only my opinion.

Are we the 29th best offense in the nfl? I definitely don't think so. As JP improves along with the oline I would say at least middle of the pack. Again, just my opinion.

I'm killing the doctor because he comes on here as if he is some kind of authority with his nonsensical brain surgeon analogy and claiming to tell it like it is when he is only presenting a negatively slanted perception of how thinks it really is.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. We shouldn't be giddy about the playoffs -- I agree. But I also think that there shouldn't be one poster on this message board who beleives that its impossible. There is nothing wrong with having hope no matter what anyone on here says.

Offense and Defense Stats

Before everyone kills the doctor he's right about the stats, remember, yes we CAN make the playoffs, but even if we win all 5 games it might not be enough in the AFC East.  I want us to make it as much as the next fan, but we're suffering from tunnel vision.  The word playoffs shouldn't be uttered from us until we're 9-6.  I feel like it's times like these when we build ourselves up that we get in trouble.  Let's take this one game at a time, this is our toughest remaining opponent, since chances are the Ravens won't have anything to play for (hopefully) on the last week.

849828[/snapback]

Well yeah .. technically we are ranked in the lower tier. I never disputed that.

But if you're going to take those stats so seriously then you also have to take the stat i pointed out in my previous post (how we scored 27 points on a defense that only gives up 14.9) just as seriously.

But i think we all know those rankings don't mean crap cause they don't take into account improvment, injuries, etc. Are we really the 21st best defense in the nfl? personally i don't think so. I think we are a couple notches below the top 10 but of course that is only my opinion.

Are we the 29th best offense in the nfl? I definitely don't think so. As JP improves along with the oline I would say at least middle of the pack. Again, just my opinion.

I'm killing the doctor because he comes on here as if he is some kind of authority with his nonsensical brain surgeon analogy and claiming to tell it like it is when he is only presenting a negatively slanted perception of how thinks it really is.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. We shouldn't be giddy about the playoffs -- I agree. But I also think that there shouldn't be one poster on this message board who beleives that its impossible. There is nothing wrong with having hope no matter what anyone on here says.

849849[/snapback]

Also, I another good point, even if you are the 29th best team on offense the fact is we still won yesterday :doh:

This team is going places and believe me when I say I've been defending this team for a while, here's proof if you care to look.

previous post

Last year when we played the chargers they took the wind out of our sails, so I am a bit wary, however, I feel like this game is the best chance for the Bills to define where they are headed for next year. I know this won't apply for the whole board, but if the Bills play their hearts out, and really fight the bolts and keep it close, I'll be proud of them.

Ha.

no proof needed. I beleive you.

I was killing dr. tooth not you.

And yeah, the chargers took us behind the shed last year. But that was in san diego and meathead was our coach. This Sunday it will be a 30-degree day in buffalo. And I think this bills team is a lot better than last years team. The defense struggles against the run but i think if they play with the strategy that LT will get his yards, and just play to not give up the big 30-40 yard gamebreakers, then the defense can make some plays and maybe force a couple turnovers.

The SD defense seems to be very vulnerable against the pass. I think we can move the ball on these guys. But i will also be proud of them if they hang in there against one of the league's best teams, even if they don't get the win. Although the win would me much cooler. :doh:

Also, I another good point, even if you are the 29th best team on offense the fact is we still won yesterday  :D

This team is going places and believe me when I say I've been defending this team for a while, here's proof if you care to look.

previous post

Last year when we played the chargers they took the wind out of our sails, so I am a bit wary, however, I feel like this game is the best chance for the Bills to define where they are headed for next year.  I know this won't apply for the whole board, but if the Bills play their hearts out, and really fight the bolts and keep it close, I'll be proud of them.

849856[/snapback]