Proud of Our Team

H2o

I know I questioned Willis McGahee's toughness a couple of weeks ago, but yesterday he definitely proved me wrong. His return seemed to add a spark to our team, not to mention he rand for 60+ yards with 2 TD's. You know he's not fully recovered yet and still showed up the way he did. Two thumbs up for McGahee :lol:

I'm just proud of our team overall. We could've folded when Jacksonville came back to tie the game late, but J.P. and Roscoe rose to the occasion. Parrish first with the punt return and then the outstanding grab on the sidelines while tapping his toes. This is 2 weeks in a row that J.P. has engineered game winning drives in the last seconds of a game. I don't care what the rest of you say, THIS IS A SIGN OF MAJOR IMPROVEMENT FROM HIM and the rest of our team. He's starting to display the maturity and leadership needed from the QB spot that we need. He's also earned the confidence and respect of his teammates with the way he's handled things in crucial situations these last 2 weeks. If they know you can lead them down the field, it will make them play that much harder for you. Also, can't forget to mention Lindell for coming through in the clutch with the kick on an almost botched handle. We don't look bad for a team that's rebuilding, not bad at all.

Hopefully we carry this momentum into next week vs. San Diego. I think this game is a good barometer as to how far our team has come. Hopefully we can get after Rivers with some blitz packages and atleast contain LT somewhat. Hopefully we can play mistake free football on offense and keep this little run going. GO BILLS!!!

This is 2 weeks in a row that J.P. has engineered game winning drives in the last seconds of a game. I don't care what the rest of you say, THIS IS A SIGN OF MAJOR IMPROVEMENT FROM HIM and the rest of our team.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I have yet to see anyone post in the past 24 hrs who feels differently. Well, maybe one.....but yeah, I think the vast majority of Bills fans feel better about JP this morning than they ever have before. I know I do!

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I have yet to see anyone post in the past 24 hrs who feels differently. Well, maybe one.....but yeah, I think the vast majority of Bills fans feel better about JP this morning than they ever have before. I know I do!

849428[/snapback]

I can't feel badly at all right now, but after not seeing the game yesterday, it's hard for me to still annoint JP as our savior just yet. Admittedly, I was behind him, but after the Oct 22nd New England game, I had given up on him. That was the last time I saw him and he was still making the same rookie-type QB mistakes.

So - and I'm honestly asking - is he still making these mistakes at any point in the game (staring down his receivers, making poor decisions with the ball, running when he doesn't need to, holding onto the ball too long)?

There's still room for improvement, but I'm glad to see the team is getting the wins they need to.

We don't look bad for a team that's rebuilding, not bad at all.

849417[/snapback]

Agree with everything you mentioned....However, this team will have to figure out a way to STOP the Run....They are killing themselves out there. A team like Indy can afford to give up 250 yards on the ground (though it will come back to bite them in the playoffs) and win due to Manning. However, we don't have such a luxury.

I can't feel badly at all right now, but after not seeing the game yesterday, it's hard for me to still annoint JP as our savior just yet. Admittedly, I was behind him, but after the Oct 22nd New England game, I had given up on him. That was the last time I saw him and he was still making the same rookie-type QB mistakes.

So - and I'm honestly asking - is he still making these mistakes at any point in the game (staring down his receivers, making poor decisions with the ball, running when he doesn't need to, holding onto the ball too long)?

There's still room for improvement, but I'm glad to see the team is getting the wins they need to.

849440[/snapback]

Okay, so TWO people who don't feel that way....lol

Even seeing JP in only a few snaps at the end of the game when they switched the broadcast over, it was pretty clear to me that he had come a long way since the last time I saw him. Not saying you'd feel similarly, but what I saw yesterday was an honest to goodness real life NFL QB. A QB who won a game for his team in the last few seconds. For the second week in a row :lol:

The Bills are clearly showing they are improving. Whether or not they can put together a string of wins to sneak into the playoffs... who knows. It's just great to see them improve, just think this young team next year... watch out!!

Oh, and IF they beat San Diego next week. Watch this message board errupt!!

Didn't get to see the game due to the blackout.

Must say though I am prepared to eat some crow as I had this one chalked up as a loss.

The Bills seem to be develoing some consistency though, and that is a positive sign. Nice to see Losman lead them to another late game win.

Keep it up Bills.

Okay, so TWO people who don't feel that way....lol

Even seeing JP in only a few snaps at the end of the game when they switched the broadcast over, it was pretty clear to me that he had come a long way since the last time I saw him. Not saying you'd feel similarly, but what I saw yesterday was an honest to goodness real life NFL QB. A QB who won a game for his team in the last few seconds. For the second week in a row :)

849452[/snapback]

I just had to throw some fule on the fire. :lol:

My biggest complaint about JP a month ago was waht I said...making the same mistakes over & over. If he's not making these mistakes anymore - and improving the offense at the same time - then I'm more likely to jump on his bandwagon. I'm not there just yet....but I'm starting to warm up to it again.

And for the first time in God-knows-how-long, the Bills may be circling the wagons again...at least, according to Chris Berman.

I just had to throw some fule on the fire.    :lol:

My biggest complaint about JP a month ago was waht I said...making the same mistakes over & over. If he's not making these mistakes anymore - and improving the offense at the same time - then I'm more likely to jump on his bandwagon. I'm not there just yet....but I'm starting to warm up to it again.

And for the first time in God-knows-how-long, the Bills may be circling the wagons again...at least, according to Chris Berman.

849494[/snapback]

He has time, ergo he can make his reads. It's that simple. Kudos to the line -- they are playing out of their heads. I was skeptical after the Houston game given the quality of opponent but if they can do that well against Jax I'm sold. Another big test next week.

I was at the Vikings game earlier this year and at yesterday's game. The team has improved tremendously in all areas...

Willis was amazing in the action that he saw; he was a patient runner who waited for the OL to open holes and then hit the holes with a great burst...

The OL; not 1 sack....against a top 5 defense...JP had time to make his throws; they did a great job against the Jags great front 4...If they keep this up no need to tinker with them this offseason....they played great..Peters is a beast

The WRs did a good job of getting open and adjusting their routes

The ST...was waiting for McGee to break one...Roscoes return was amazing...The refs called a 15 yd penalty for excessive celebration after becuse he lept into the stands and another Bill did too...this new rule sucks donkey balls... Lindell had to kick off fromt he 15 yd line...naturally the Jags scored...what crap!

The secondary played very good...the run D sucks; The Jags RBs were always in the secondary...not good...need better LB play..Whitner made some great hits, for the most part McGee and Clements shut their WRs down

The pass rush was good..wish we had a few more sacks....Schobel made some good plays and Kelsay was all over the place...I was most impressed with Anthony Hargrove; that dude reminds me of Talley in his love for the game (enthusiasm)...Hargrove was pumped all game...on the sideline he was pumping the crowd and his teammates up...on the field...he was craving the fans get louder....the dude has the enthusiasm that has been missing for so long...plus when he was on the field, he was around the ball...

Now to JP....Kelly was at the game and right in front of us...got a good pic of him waving to us.... I said to my girlfirend, what I would give to have him back...too bad he just couldn't suit up and play...I was a JP supporter before the game, I know some people, DeLuca, will piss and moan about 167 passing yds, but he had a TD and a 45 yd pass play turned into a Pass Int penalty; Evans got mugged...he played great...at half time he had thrown the ball for only like 87 yds, but he completed passes to 7 different receivers...he had time to go through his progression and made the right play...oh...his INT was right in front of us...it was pretty windy on the tunnel side at that point...it got hung up in the wind...he had a WR open ....Royal (I even saw him catch a ball) made a great play to save it....but JP played great, like a QB who will be here for a long time to come...the light bulb clicked...that was a tough throw he made to Parrish at the end...

All said...it was like watching two different teams this season...the Vikings game was from the team we have seen the last 5 years...this team fought and played as a TEAM...it was like waitching the late 80's version....some good young players trying to put it together and are only a couple players away...the only two times I have heard the stadium louder, at a game I attended, was the 1993 AFC Championship game and at the 'Skins game a few years back with BRuce and RJ returning to the Ralph...This time most likely won't make the playoffs (SD & Baltimore - but who knows!!!) I am proud to be a Bills fan...Things really are turning around....am gonna go to the 'Phins game I was convinced to goto one more game...

He has time, ergo he can make his reads.  It's that simple.  Kudos to the line -- they are playing out of their heads.  I was skeptical after the Houston game given the quality of opponent but if they can do that well against Jax I'm sold.  Another big test next week.

849501[/snapback]

I'm not sold just yet....but this is definitely nice to see. Maybe the coaches knew what they were doing when they re-shuffled the OL???

As far as next week, I won't say this is as important as the Pittsburgh game in 2004, but it's pretty high up there. If they can keep the game close and get it so that we're in for another nail-biter, then I'll be sold. They just need to stay away from stupid mistakes and keep the game plan intact. Two weeks ago, I wouldn't have given them a chance....now, I just might.

what i saw yesterday is JP actually becoming more of a leader on the field than at any point this year...Yelling at himself or a reciever on the field(couldn't tell who he was yelling at)...The way he avoided sacks better than he had at any point this season...His directing of Roscoe to go deeper on "The Catch"...I saw a confidence and on field leadership that I had not seen up to this point. ESPN talking head John Clayton had said during the week that Fairchild made it a priority to stop the 7 step drop and focus on a quick 3 step drop...maybe that is what was needed....

what i saw yesterday is JP actually becoming more of a leader on the field than at any point this year...Yelling at himself or a reciever on the field(couldn't tell who he was yelling at)...The way he avoided sacks better than he had at any point this season...His directing of Roscoe to go deeper on "The Catch"...I saw a confidence and on field leadership that I had not seen up to this point.  ESPN talking head John Clayton had said during the week that Fairchild made it a priority to stop the 7 step drop and focus on a quick 3 step drop...maybe that is what was needed....

849740[/snapback]

I think your absolutely right man. I said it yesterday in the actuall game thread that it looked like he has allot more confidance. I just hope he keeps it going. I think the 3 step drop has helped tremedously.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

3 step drop! if only they'd listen to what us fans had seen for weeks. quick routes... i cant even believe our TE's are catching the ball. i would have killed to watch the game, hopefully the SD game will sell out after 2 big wins in a row. i'd go, but ive got family stuff to attend to.