What does buffalo need to do to beat SD?

OK obviously we have to do a good job on LT.

I think that we will have to concede a 100-yard game for this guy.

It's more important that the bills don't let him rip off 40-50 yarders.

Let him get his 7-8 yards a carry.

A well-timed run blitz on 1st down could put SD in a 2nd and long and

a passing situation.

That brings us to philip rivers. What will we do to stop antonio gates?

He really worries me. The more resources that go to LT, the less resources go to stop gates. I dunno much about the SD receivers. Are they much better than j-ville's?

I think the bills can move the ball on san diego's defense. The chargers have an excellent run defense but a middle-of-the-pack pass defense. I loved the play-calling against j-ville with tight end screens, short passes to evans, and just generally taking what the defense gives them. Evans is just red hot right now and will undoubtably draw double coverage so Losman will again have to be very aware of his checkdowns and outlets as he was against jville. I don't think we need the big bombs depending on how SD decides to cover us. We're better off controlling the football with long drives and keeping that powerful offense off the field. Maybe the bills strong pass performances the last couple weeks will help open things up for willis.

Simple. Play like they did against Jacksonville. Both teams had good RB's (SD obviously a great RB), WRs are comparable, TE for SD is better... someone to keep an eye on.

I know I just typed nonsense... it's going to come to down to playing some hard hitting, hard nose football. Hit and hit hard. And by all means, beat the crap out of Rivers.

I'm not sure we can hang with SD. LT has personally just about dominated every game he has been in lately.

I think Merriman comes back this game too.

That being said......I think two things work in our favor this week.....

#1 Our defensive line has some speed. That may actually finally work in our favor as they may be able to corral some of the "bouncing" out of holes LT likes to do. It will be a tad harder to speed around our D-line. Not much, but it might be just enough to slow him down a little bit.

#2 The weather is supposed to turn nasty on Friday and continue. This will put a little bit of discomfort forth to the SD players. You never know. If the wind is blowing, Rivers will be faced with conditions he's never faced before, and might just make a mistake or two.

We'll see this week. I can't wait.

Get Ace Ventura to kidnap LT, might as well take Turner too.

Seriously, I think this game is the only one of the last 5 that the Bills have very little chance of winning. The next 3 after that we should expect a win, and if Baltimore has their playoff seeding locked in, & is resting key players, 4 out of 5 wins to finish 9-7 is a real posibility.

I'm not sure we can hang with SD.  LT has personally just about dominated every game he has been in lately.

#1  Our defensive line has some speed.  That may actually finally work in our favor as they may be able to corral some of the "bouncing" out of holes LT likes to do.  It will be a tad harder to speed around our D-line.  Not much, but it might be just enough to slow him down a little bit.

#2  The weather is supposed to turn nasty on Friday and continue.  This will put a little bit of discomfort forth to the SD players.  You never know.  If the wind is blowing, Rivers will be faced with conditions he's never faced before, and might just make a mistake or two. 

We'll see this week.  I can't wait.

849354[/snapback]

I think the Chargers just took a punch in the face from the Raiders and should have probably lost that game. They will be beat up (the Raiders are physical) and on the road, if only the Buffalo weather could kick in and make the sunshine san-diegans (which means whale's vagina) freeze the Bills can win.

Merriman's coming back after his suspension and may also be injured still. They already lost another outside backer to injury and their backup Michael Turner Overdrive, who would have been LT like in his own right.

We have to watch out for Jackson too - another 6'5+ receiver that Rivers can use.

I'm not sure we can hang with SD.  LT has personally just about dominated every game he has been in lately.

#1  Our defensive line has some speed.  That may actually finally work in our favor as they may be able to corral some of the "bouncing" out of holes LT likes to do.  It will be a tad harder to speed around our D-line.  Not much, but it might be just enough to slow him down a little bit.

#2  The weather is supposed to turn nasty on Friday and continue.  This will put a little bit of discomfort forth to the SD players.  You never know.  If the wind is blowing, Rivers will be faced with conditions he's never faced before, and might just make a mistake or two. 

We'll see this week.  I can't wait.

849354[/snapback]

We can hang with San Diego. They looked horrible against Oakland and barely came out with the win. If we play like we did against J-Ville. We get the win.

It all comes down to LT...if we can hold him to 2 TDs, or less, we should win....our DBs should be able to handle their WRs...the only other concern I have is who gets Gates? Our DBs are too small to stop him and our LBs are too slow to keep up....the best thing to do is to force him to protect Rivers who needs to be under heavy pressure

Excuse me for a moment...I'm picking my chin up off the floor...

:lol:

849543[/snapback]

Look...

This team SHOULD have beat NE and Indy on the road, both better than SD. There's no reason they can't beat SD at home. None whatsoever. That being said, they need to limit sacks to 1 or fewer and win the turnover battle.