You guys need to lighten up.

ofiba

Everytime you guys yell at somebody for making a mistake, just ask yourself one question. "Could I do it better?" Could you guys block a 300 lb lineman? Could you consistantly pick up 4 yards a carry? Could you throw the deep ball when the chips were down? If not, you guys need to just give these guys a hand for doing their best. That's what it's all about isn't it??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good point ofiba.  Most of the complainers on this board can barely spell simple words like "ridiculous" or are capable of using correct grammar.  I'd love to see one of you pick up a blitz as a blocking running back.

61213[/snapback]

Gimme Travis Henry's salary, and I'll sure as hell give it a better effort than he does in picking up a blitzing LB.

Could you get away with raping women?

Beating your wife? And killing said wife?

Doing/possessing/distributing the chronic and/or killing people and/or obstructing justice and get off with a slap on the wrist and a commerical deal?

Skating through school w/o doing the work?

Earning a shiite load of dough and being nonplused with the people who idolize you and subsidize your salary?

Retain your job and still earn millions though your performance is continually subpar in your line of work?

'Temporarily' retire to smoke the chronic in a tent in the Northwest Territories while leaving your co-workers in a lurch?

Perpetually act like your 15 and get lauded for it?

Could you get away with raping women?

Beating your wife? And killing said wife?

Doing/possessing/distributing the chronic and/or killing people and/or obstructing justice and get off with a slap on the wrist and a commerical deal?

Skating through school w/o doing the work?

Earning a shiite load of dough and being nonplused with the people who idolize you and subsidize your salary?

Retain your job and still earn millions though your performance is continually subpar in your line of work?

'Temporarily' retire to smoke the chronic in a tent in the Northwest Territories while leaving your co-workers in a lurch?

Perpetually act like your 15 and get lauded for it?

61216[/snapback]

can you run a crisp post pattern?

That and post more effectively than you.

61222[/snapback]

touche nc

But i didn't quite get the effectiveness of your post. Perhaps i understood it wrong. Are you saying that you don't think you should have any remorse for professional athletes because they are treated better than anyone in the us, they are payed millions, and they get away with murder? I hate to break it to you, but the love obsession for pro athletes is fueled by people who spend a lot of their lives worrying about whether drew had a good game or a bad game, ect. It is fanatic football fans who make the athletes larger then life. So nc, you in fact, are the cause for the very thing you are against.

touche nc

but i didn't quite get the effectiveness of your post. perhaps i understood it wrong. are you saying that you don't think you should have any remorse for professional athletes because they are treated better than anyone in the us, they are payed millions, and they get away with murder? i hate to break it to you, but the love obsession for pro athletes is fueled by people who spend a lot of their lives worrying about whether drew had a good game or a bad game, ect.  it is fanatic football fans who make the athletes larger then life, so nc, you in fact, are the cause for the very thing you are against.

61228[/snapback]

Booyah!

this is what i am talking about...its just a game. ease up.

61214[/snapback]

This was actually a joke...thought it was obvious with a thread titled "you guys need to lighten up"...and the first reply being the finger...

...so, perhaps somebody else needs to lighten up too! :D

Everytime you guys yell at somebody for making a mistake, just ask yourself one question. "Could I do it better?" Could you guys block a 300 lb lineman? Could you consistantly pick up 4 yards a carry? Could you throw the deep ball when the chips were down? If not, you guys need to just give these guys a hand for doing their best. That's what it's all about isn't it??

61209[/snapback]

It doesn't really matter that we can't do the jobs of NFL players, just like it wouldn't be right to ask them to perform brain surgery.

No one here has said, Henry sucks, I think ICE can do better. These guys make mistakes doing the jobs they're supposed to do. If they continue to make mistakes, it's not beyond reason to question if his backup could do a better job.

This was actually a joke...thought it was obvious with a thread titled "you guys need to lighten up"...and the first reply being the finger...

...so, perhaps somebody else needs to lighten up too!  :D

61234[/snapback]

i guess i do need to lighten up.

how could you possibly defend someone who makes millions of dollars a year to play a game?

sorry But if YOur making that much, criticism comes with the territory, just like dealing wtih the media

-and you know what, no i cant do half of the things these athletes do, but i wasnt gifted like these guys are in that sense so im workin my ass off here in college

-you act like these guys dont have the talent and skill to pull these things off

granted mistakes happen but many of these guys dont appreciate the money they make and take it for granted

Everytime you guys yell at somebody for making a mistake, just ask yourself one question. "Could I do it better?" Could you guys block a 300 lb lineman? Could you consistantly pick up 4 yards a carry? Could you throw the deep ball when the chips were down? If not, you guys need to just give these guys a hand for doing their best. That's what it's all about isn't it?? :D

61209[/snapback]

You have got that right. :D

Give me a break. These are pampered, spoiled, pro-athletes who get millions to play a friggin game. The least they could do would be to get it right. You think TKO gives a crap what we think? Hell no, he's out there spending his millions and working on his next robot dance that he can do on second down. When he blows an assignment that results in play detrimental to the TEAM, then he should hear about it.

RunTheBall

61209[/snapback]

What a load of crap. Try this one. Could these guys get up for work EVERY day at 5 am and work until 5 pm? Then could they take their kids to games and practices until 9 pm and get up the next day all over again?

Could these guys live on less than 89,000$ a week? All these freaks of genetics have ever done is play sports and I'm supposed to give them a break? Doing their best? While we sit and agonize over losses they play and laugh on the sidelines. Why? Because they get paid regardless of their performance. Dont ever tell me these guys need a break- it's all they've ever had their entire lives.

What a load of crap.  Try this one.  Could these guys get up for work EVERY day at 5 am and work until 5 pm?  Then could they take their kids to games and practices until 9 pm and get up the next day all over again?

Could these guys live on less than 89,000$ a week?  All these freaks of genetics have ever done is play sports and I'm supposed to give them a break? Doing their best?  While we sit and agonize over losses they play and laugh on the sidelines.  Why? Because they get paid regardless of their performance.  Dont ever tell me these guys need a break- it's all they've ever had their entire lives.

61274[/snapback]

Thank You