Racism...

BoondckCL

Racism, racial discrimination and xenophobia are not naturally instinctive reactions of human beings but rather a social, cultural and political phenomenon born directly of wars, military conquests, slavery and the individual or collective exploitation of the weakest by the most powerful all along the history of human societies.

Racism, racial discrimination and xenophobia are not naturally instinctive reactions of human beings but rather a social, cultural and political phenomenon born directly of wars, military conquests, slavery and the individual or collective exploitation of the weakest by the most powerful all along the history of human societies.

845606[/snapback]

Which I would argue is very much a naturally instinctive reaction of human beings.

Which I would argue is very much a naturally instinctive reaction of human beings.

845608[/snapback]

Yes it is debatable whether or not living beings are bound absolutely by instinct. Though instinct is what seems to come naturally or perhaps with heredity, general conditioning and environment surrounding a living being may play a major role. Predominately, instinct is pre-intellectual, while intuition is trans-intellectual.

Yes it is debatable whether or not living beings are bound absolutely by instinct. Though instinct is what seems to come naturally or perhaps with heredity, general conditioning and environment surrounding a living being may play a major role. Predominately, instinct is pre-intellectual, while intuition is trans-intellectual.

845619[/snapback]

Depends on the person. Lower forms (most humans) are bound either primarily or almost entirely by instinct; more evolved people have learned to use intuition as you suggest.

I agree that such evolution is determined by conditioning and environment. That's why wealth is a much better predictor of behavior than race.

Depends on the person.  Lower forms (most humans) are bound either primarily or almost entirely by instinct;  more evolved people have learned to use intuition as you suggest.

I agree that such evolution is determined by conditioning and environment.  That's why wealth is a much better predictor of behavior than race.

845691[/snapback]

Instinctively, I feel I should respond. However, my Butler has brought me lunch. Do you have any Grey Poupon?

It's a vicious cycle. On one had, you have a disproportionate ratio of crime along ethnic boundaries. You also have a disproportionate balance of wealth along ethnic boundaries. What breeds what? The point is, perception is what fuels racism, and behavior fuels perception. Economic prosperity generally fuels behavior. I do still believe that racism exists, and it exists moderately strong in America. It is a cycle that will continue to refresh itself as long as ignorance resides, and dependency reigns. When the majority of society realizes that complacency and dependency is the root of basic racism, and anyone can be proactive to change their situations is when things will make a turn for the better. Just because you don't have the outward expression of racism doesn't mean that everything is calm beneath the surface.

Ask Michael Richards and Harry Belafonte. I'm sure they see it in others, but they'll deny it exists in themselves.

846332[/snapback]

In regards to myself, i would not say that i am racist, but i would say some discrimination exists in me. For example i do categorize certain people into groups based on their appearence, but does that mean i am a racist? No. I am involved with people of all ethnicity's at HVCC and i am friends with a lot of people of other races.

I think the thing that really bothers me though in today's world is that there is such a villanization of Caucasian males. It seems as though they/we are regarded as simple minded fools that are the root of all evil. Now personally i don't think that is fair to blame one kind of person for a problem that is disintegrating with every day in this country, but still this villanization grows.

0:)  :lol:

846417[/snapback]

I'll second that.

:P;)

I think the thing that really bothers me though in today's world is that there is such a villanization of BLACK males. It seems as though they/we are regarded as simple minded fools that are the root of all evil.

846385[/snapback]

I made a change for you...much closer to the truth.

I agree that such evolution is determined by conditioning and environment.  That's why wealth is a much better predictor of behavior than race.

845691[/snapback]

Do you mean social evolution? If you do, then I would say we have socially evolved towards a point where racism is much less acceptable. Then you mentioned wealth, and I'll mention it in this sense. The greater wealth of society has made racism much less intense. The human competeion for resources always brings out the most ugly aspects of out nature. If you were trying to say that human beings have changed, then I would disagree with you. Lurking not far below the surface of most men is a savage waiting to jump out and committ the worst acts of violence and destruction. Same as it ever was.

If you don't believe me just look at ieatcrayonz. A mass murderer waiting the opportunity to strike.