The luck of The Dean (LAMP)

The Dean

So, I'm in St. Augustine Beach Florida, visiting my parents, brother and sister (who have all relocated here). I arrived Saturday night and my first question was , "Where am 'I watching the game tonight?"

Of course, they respond "I don't think any of the bars around here show the Bills". Of course, I know that's BS. They think MAYBE there's one sports bar that might have it on. Right at the gate of my parent's condo complex is a bar/restaurant, Panama Hatties. Looks like a place that might have it on..."No way", I'm told.

Sunday morning I take a "walk" and head to the bar. They show ALL NFL games, I'm told. So, i go there to watch the game. It happens to be THE local Bills bar. About 15 or so Bills fans go there every week. Most of them are in their 60's I think. Real nice people and pretty big drinkers.

Also, I'm told, the old owner was from WNY and the place makes real good wings. Monday they're 35 cents apiece. I'll check it out next week before I leave town.

The bonus is this: One of the old drinkers tells me of a place right down the street. 7-days a week happy hour is 4-7. Free food and they fill a pint beer glass with any well booze for $2.50 (they put the mixer on the side)...top shelf is $2.75. I'll be checking that out later today.

I just might make it through this visit after all! :P

The bonus is this:  One of the old drinkers tells me of a place right down the street.  7-days a week happy hour is 4-7.  Free food and they fill a pint beer glass with any well booze for $2.50 (they put the mixer on the side)...top shelf is $2.75.  I'll be checking that out later today.

I just might make it through this visit after all!  :rolleyes:

844419[/snapback]

Looks like pickled Dean will be making the trek back west.

So, I'm in St. Augustine Beach Florida, visiting my parents, brother and sister (who have all relocated here).  I arrived Saturday night and my first question was , "Where am 'I watching the game tonight?"

Of course, they respond "I don't think any of the bars around here show the Bills".  Of course, I know that's BS.  They think MAYBE there's one sports bar that might have it on.  Right at the gate of my parent's condo complex is a bar/restaurant, Panama Hatties. Looks like a place that might have it on..."No way", I'm told. 

Sunday morning I take a "walk" and head to the bar.  They show ALL NFL games, I'm told.  So, i go there to watch the game.  It happens to be THE local Bills bar.  About 15 or so Bills fans go there every week.  Most of them are in their 60's I think.  Real nice people and pretty big drinkers.

Also, I'm told, the old owner was from WNY and the place makes real good wings.  Monday they're 35 cents apiece.  I'll check it out next week before I leave town.

The bonus is this:  One of the old drinkers tells me of a place right down the street.  7-days a week happy hour is 4-7.  Free food and they fill a pint beer glass with any well booze for $2.50 (they put the mixer on the side)...top shelf is $2.75.  I'll be checking that out later today.

I just might make it through this visit after all!  :rolleyes:

844419[/snapback]

You are 2.5 hrs away from me here in Tallahassee...if you want to go out and party with some FSU hotties and get away from the fam for a night, gimmie a PM. <_<

And no i am not kidding.

You are 2.5 hrs away from me here in Tallahassee...if you want to go out and party with some FSU hotties and get away from the fam for a night, gimmie a PM.  :rolleyes:

And no i am not kidding.

844800[/snapback]

I'd love to. I'll see if I can putt that off and PM you.

The only blue hairs The Dean takes home are those that choose to dye it that color!