Poor Fox 'News'

And then wants to make money off it, but they are forced to back down in showing this pathetic, disgusting display to their red state audience.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061120/ap_on_...on_interview_26

NEW YORK - After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and TV special "If I Did It."

"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project," said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. "We are sorry for any pain that this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."

A dozen Fox affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before the Nov. 30 publication of the book by ReganBooks. The publishing house is a HarperCollins imprint owned — like the Fox network — by News Corp.

In both the book and show, Simpson speaks in hypothetical terms about how he would have committed the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Goldman.

Relatives of the victims have lashed out at the now scuttled publication and broadcast plans.

"He destroyed my son and took from my family Ron's future and life. And for that I'll hate him always and find him despicable," Fred Goldman told ABC last week.

The industry trade publication Broadcasting & Cable editorialized against the show Monday, saying "Fox should cancel this evil sweeps stunt."

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then wants to make money off it, but they are forced to back down in showing this pathetic, disgusting display to their red state audience.

844189[/snapback]

:P

Fox News had nothing to do with this disaster. Fox News is separate from the Fox Network. The OJ thing was going to run on the Fox Network, the channel with the Simpsons and Family Guy and (previously) Joe Millionaire. It doesn't exactly cater to a "red state audience."

:D:D:P

OJ has severe mental problems.  Ugh.

844196[/snapback]

He's a sociopath. No doubt.

OJ has severe mental problems.  Ugh.

844196[/snapback]

How is he different from the Conservative movement that told us for three plus years Iraq was going fine while our troops died for no reason, call veterans cowards for questioning a questionable war, want to stop all abortions while they want to let kids starve who are born to poor mothers and blame gays for 9-11? Hell, OJ is almost normal when compared to Bush, Falwell and Foley.

How is he different from the Conservative movement that told us for three plus years Iraq was going fine while our troops died for no reason, call veterans cowards for questioning a questionable war, want to stop all abortions while they want to let kids starve who are born to poor mothers and blame gays for 9-11? Hell, OJ is almost normal when compared to Bush, Falwell and Foley.

844217[/snapback]

:P

This is the single greatest post in the history of PPP.

It's like a parody of a liberal post. This is something I'd expect Wacka to write to make fun of liberals.

844217[/snapback]

That is the all-time most retarded post I have ever seen on this board...And that is saying A Lot!

Beats your post which says nothing at all  ;)

844937[/snapback]

I actually think saying nothing at all makes me look smarter than saying "Bush makes OJ look normal."

But I honestly wish you would just start your own blog or website and just post everything you think and everything you do. Based on all of the crazy things you've written already under your two screen names, I really think the most entertaining thing for me and for everyone else on this board would be for you to just talk about everything.

I have a pretty good imagination but there's no way I can reproduce the magic that happens when you start typing and think you have a point.

I actually think saying nothing at all makes me look smarter than saying "Bush makes OJ look normal."

But I honestly wish you would just start your own blog or website and just post everything you think and everything you do.  Based on all of the crazy things you've written already under your two screen names, I really think the most entertaining thing for me and for everyone else on this board would be for you to just talk about everything

I have a pretty good imagination but there's no way I can reproduce the magic that happens when you start typing and think you have a point.

844955[/snapback]

LOL, is this your expanded version of saying nothing at all? Maybe you could start a blog and put nothing on it? I'm sorry if you don't like my comparing Bush to OJ, but too bad, ignore my posts if you don't like it. At least OJ didn't start an unecessary war that has killed many thousands of people.