Where do you rank this game...

ESPeculatioN

Naturally among the top Bills games of all time it might crack the top 20 and thats a big "MIGHT". But in recent memory (Post Flutie era), its a top 5 game hands down I think.

Comments

842519[/snapback]

Best win of the last five years.

Best win of the last five years.

842530[/snapback]

Considering the Houston media was writing about the Texans having a good chance for an extended winning streak (counting the Bills) it was a pretty good win.

i remember beating the vikings in OT about 4 years ago... i remember RJ singlehandedly beating the chiefs about 6 years ago... I remember flutie's bootleg TD... I remember a game when the bills went to OT against the bengals, when moulds got hurt.. Travis had a sweet OT td run against the bears 6 or 7 years ago... Um, that's the extent of my great bills memories for the past 10 years. pretty pathetic, but this game ranks up there. Will it be losman's coming of age? we'll know after the jacksonville game i guess...

i remember beating the vikings in OT about 4 years ago...  i remember RJ singlehandedly beating the chiefs about 6 years ago...  I remember flutie's bootleg TD...  I remember a game when the bills went to OT against the bengals, when moulds got hurt..  Travis had a sweet OT td run against the bears 6 or 7 years ago...  Um, that's the extent of my great bills memories for the past 10 years.  pretty pathetic, but this game ranks up there.  Will it be losman's coming of age?  we'll know after the jacksonville game i guess...

842545[/snapback]

It's funny--that RJ game at KC was also considered his "coming out" game. Unfortunately, he was never able to put it together for the long run--in part because of the awful o-line he could never overcome. I hope JP can build off of his "coming out" game and the o-line can continue to protect like that.

I'm not too impressed with beating Houston.  We should have beat them. 

842584[/snapback]

I've heard this a few times today and it makes no sense to me. How on earth does anybody think that this Buffalo Bills team is good enough to say such a thing? There are simply no road games that this team "should" win. It's just the opposite; the Bills are a team that every team in the league "should" beat when the Bills come to town. In fact, there are very few teams that the Bills “should” beatm even at home.

The Bills aren’t a good team so give them some credit when they do actually play well.

The Bills aren’t a good team so give them some credit when they do actually play well.

842592[/snapback]

And Houston is a good team? I didn't discredit the Bills anywhere. I was saying I think the Bills are a better team than Houston and they should have won. Which, by the way, they did. Barely. :doh:

And Houston is a good team?  I didn't discredit the Bills anywhere.  I was saying I think the Bills are a better team than Houston and they should have won.  Which, by the way, they did.  Barely.  :doh:

842616[/snapback]

The Bills might be a better team than Houston or a few other teams but on the road there are no games that I think that they "should" win. They could win these games (as they did today) but that's different than saying "should". When a team "should" beat another team it's because they are much better than the other team. The Bills aren't much better than anyone.

Naturally among the top Bills games of all time it might crack the top 20 and thats a big "MIGHT". But in recent memory (Post Flutie era), its a top 5 game hands down I think.

Comments

842519[/snapback]

I actually prefered the win over Miami this year. That was a sweet humiliation of a division rival. This is just another good win. I'm a JP supporter, but I think some of you are getting carried away just because he had a big game and he and Evans put up numbers.

JP is going to be a good QB, if he gets to throw the ball 35 times he's going to put up numbers, and he's also going to make mistakes. But personally, I'm not a big fan of the opponent running for about 200 yards, controlling the clock, tying an NFL record for consecutive pass completions. Sloppy defense by guys you expect better from, specifically Whitner and Fletcher. An inability to run the ball on offense. Blowing a 14 point lead. That wasn't fun, and it was like that for better than half of the game.

What I did like was seeing Whitner bounce back and have a good second half and Nate Clements really settling in as a cover 2 ballhawk and making THE defensive play at the end AGAIN that allowed his team one last chance to win and of course, Losman cashing that chip in. I had no doubt that he could do it, so perhaps I'm not as phased. But to keep it in perspective, being good in the clutch is only good if you can get the team that far. Even RJ was good in the clutch. Until the offensive line becomes consistent, it's going to be hard to tell what JP can do for this team.

Other good things to see: Ko Simpson playing like a first rounder in center field, and in general, seeing the defense show heart despite getting repeatedly gashed for big yards. The defensive staff adapting and shutting down the Texans late in the game. Dick Jauron proving he knows the abilities/limitations of this team, something neither Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey displayed. Anthony Hargrove looking really good rushing from the inside. Lee Evans continuing to be incredible. Eric Moulds disappearing completely in the second half, proving once again that his game has officially caught up to his act. Where you at Moulds fan?

I guess in retrospect, it was pretty good. :doh:

And here's to Criqui calling it dead on: "This team gets nuthin' from the TE position. Nuthin!" To all the folks defending Robert Royal, and actually ALL of Marv's other offseason signings, it's time to face it, they are exactly what they appeared to be: not good. But here's to Peerless, he's overpaid, but he's always had a knack for gamewinners and frankly they'd really be screwed if Roscoe Parrish was the #2 option at this point. This team does not need another WR, it needs a TE to catch those balls they keep having to throw to Shelton(for no gain) and to work the deep middle of the field and keep those safeties from cheating to the sideline and taking away the deep ball to Evans.

Comments

842519[/snapback]

I was going to say "no way" but you might be right from 2001. 2002 Dolphins snow game, 2003 Pats, 2004 Seahawks, 2002 Vikings...2001 @Jets felt good because we had 2 wins in December and damaged their playoff position.

It will be quickly forgotten at about 4:15 pm next sunday after the huge blowout win over jacksonville....

842546[/snapback]

I definately agree with you man. We are definately goingt to blow out the jags then win the next five after that.