Props to Schobel

Ramius

Count me as one of the few who thinks that we are pretty well set at DE. This is why I was puzzled by the trade for Hargrove, unless Marv thinks that Kelsay will walk after the season.

I was puzzled too. If Marv thinks we're going to lose Kelsay he should have drafted Tamba Hali at #8 instead of a freaking safety. Or moved down to get him and pick up an extra pick in the process.

With Hargrove, I gotta wonder if they're considering moving him inside as a quicker DT for thier version of the Cover 2.

Hargrove has a motor...I saw him a few times running his ass off yesterday...he seemed to be around the ball when he was in the game....he plays with emotion...at the GB game he was pumped up on the sideline....they really need players like that...

I couldn't believe we traded for a DE, I was surprised when I heard he was suspended or whatever it was by the rams and we picked him up (character issues), but he seems like he has a lot of positives, we didn't give much up for him and he's young...I think this was a good pick-up

first off, schobel is not resposible for the run on most plays, we need a NT that demands double teams, resulting in the 3 tech being blocked one on one, this is not happening. schobel takes himself out of plays, but that is the scheme, last year I believe he lead all REs in total tackles, he stops the run, if that is what the defense calls for. I've never been a fan of the "tampa cover 2" we do not have the people to run it. maybe in time we will.

also imagine if we really did have an offense and teams had to pass at the end of the game, schobel might break records, instead we have to watch teams run against us in the final minutes.

I like schobel, he represents everything buffalo is, tough, and blue collar.

first off, schobel is not resposible for the run on most plays,

843228[/snapback]

I'm not going to proclaim that I have access to the Bills playbook or I know what the coaches are telling the players to do, but if what you say is true, than I guess I shouldn't be pissed at AS, and redirect my anger at the defensive coaches instead. I really don't care what scheme they play, but when a RB can run through gaping holes where a DE or other player should be, something is F***ed up and adjustments need to be made. A team that runs the ball as poorly as Houston does, should not be able to pile up the yardage they did yesterday.