OK, here's an interesting question

Simon

Let's say that a guy gets tossed out of a stadium and is banned for life from ever setting foot in that stadium again; we'll hypothetically call it Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Now let's say that this hypothetical stadium is ultimately demolished and tossed into Lake Erie and it is replaced by a new stadium that we'll call Cleveland Browns Stadium.

My question is would this guy also be banned from the new stadium? Or would the end of the life of the old stadium also mean the end of the lifetime ban?

Hypothetically speaking........

Let's say that a guy gets tossed out of a stadium and is banned for life from ever setting foot in that stadium again; we'll hypothetically call it Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Now let's say that this hypothetical stadium is ultimately demolished and tossed into Lake Erie and it is replaced by a new stadium that we'll call Cleveland Browns Stadium.

My question is would this guy also be banned from the new stadium? Or would the end of the life of the old stadium also mean the end of the lifetime ban?

838093[/snapback]

What did you do to get banned, and why are you going to the pitt-brownie game this weekend?

Was that you I watched get the boot after harmon's drop?

What did you do to get banned, and why are you going to the pitt-brownie game this weekend?

Was that you I watched get the boot after harmon's drop?

838103[/snapback]

I didn't do shinola.

This is merely a hypothetical exercise......

My question is how you could enforce such a thing.

Frankly I don't know how you could. If the tickets weren't bought in the hypothetical gentleman's name I don't see how they could enforce the edict. The scenario just made for some humorous conversation around here this week and I was wondering if anybody had a legitimate answer.

Well, hypothetically speaking the person might be banned from ever fishing again in Lake Erie. However, hypothetically speaking the person could get into the new stadium wearing one of these: CB FanSuit, or one of these.

Of course hypothetically speaking a person could probably secure themselves a new fake ID and wear fake fingerprints, should the offending originals be on record somewhere - say, hypothetically speaking of course, the stadium security office, or perhaps in the hypothetical personal collection of one Art Modell.

However, if identity were not the issue - and again we're only speaking hypothetically, that "identity" per se wouldn't cause the issue to come up - in a meaningful way that is, then it could be argued that as one had (presumably) never been in the new brown bowl, one could never have been banned from said-same bowl.

But then again Simon, once the fourth quarter and the fights start, you're gonnaa be screwed. :lol:

838093[/snapback]

Well, along with the new stadium, there's also a "new" team there, not the old team that used to play, who had moved.

It wouldn't be overly difficult for them to keep track of someone whose seasons had been pulled, if that person was dumb enough to try sitting in/near his regular seats. But a one-time visit, from a guy who (hypothetically, of course) got tossed from a game ten or more years ago?

Unless they all of a sudden start checking photo IDs against a watch-list at the stadium gates, I think you... err, I meant said hypothetical person... are good to go.

838093[/snapback]

I have a similar question.

What if someones pet, let's call it a Hamster, in unjustifiably kipnapped by his evil twin. This is a valuable hamster because he can talk and everything but so can his evil twin.

Would there be any way to rescue the Hamster?

Let's just say that the poor little guy never did anything to harm anyone and yet he is seemingly gone forever. That wouldn't be right.

Let's also just say that if he doesn't get his special medication, call it silica, he might die.

838093[/snapback]

As long as he keeps it in his pants this time, he shouldn't have a problem.