Running Back

bud8andbills

Maybe I am just not seeing it, but should the BILLS keep McGahee? I thought Travis Henry was a good back. Now seeing the A-Train hit the field again, I think he might still be of good quality. Does anyone agree with me that Willis needs to go and we find a fast and decent late first/early second day running back? Just not convinced.

Maybe I am just not seeing it, but should the BILLS keep McGahee? I thought Travis Henry was a good back. Now seeing the A-Train hit the field again, I think he might still be of good quality. Does anyone agree with me that Willis needs to go and we find a fast and decent late first/early second day running back? Just not convinced.

837028[/snapback]

See there is your first problem, you think a guy who runs hard to a hole, regardless of if it is there or not, has no receiving skills, and even worse blocking skills, is a good back.

Then you question whether keeping Mcgahee who has better vision for holes, better topend speed, 1000 times better receiver, and and even better blocker (no Thurman granted), is the right thing to do?

:D:blink:

See there is your first problem, you think a guy who runs hard to a hole, regardless of if it is there or not, has no receiving skills, and even worse blocking skills, is a good back. 

Then you question whether keeping Mcgahee who has better vision for holes, better topend speed, 1000 times better receiver, and and even better blocker  (no Thurman granted), is the right thing to do? 

:D  :blink:

837032[/snapback]

If he is seeing these holes and has great top end speed why is he averaging 3 to 3.5 YOC? And what are a couple of his longest runs?

If he is seeing these holes and has great top end speed why is he averaging 3 to 3.5 YOC? And what are a couple of his longest runs?

837035[/snapback]

Mcgahee is averaging 3.8 YPC this year. While his longest during the year has been 32, he blew by everyone on a 60 yard scamper in preseason.

Then you question whether keeping Mcgahee who has better vision for holes, better topend speed, 1000 times better receiver, and and even better blocker  (no Thurman granted), is the right thing to do? 

:D  :blink:

837032[/snapback]

When has McGahee shown himself to be any kind of receiver?

When has McGahee shown himself to be any kind of receiver?

837094[/snapback]

Didn't say he was great, again, don't compare to Thomas, but he can at least catch screens and go in formation. Something that Travis never could do. Travis was the master of the dumpoff and thats about it.

837028[/snapback]

I see your point, of coarse Willis is far more talented, but there running styles differ in the aspect that Willis is more patient and waits for something to developt and trys to avoid contact, A-train straight ahead hard for whatever you can get and make the D take you down.

Behind our oline I agree with you I think thomas is a better option we only have a small window of oppurtunity

I just don't see the o-line getting great any time soon and think Willis needs a great o-line to show his stuff. To me he just isn't good enough to excel in Buffalo's offensive schemes. I am not knocking him, but him and Buffalo are just not a good fit.

837127[/snapback]

Well hell then lets trade him to the Jets. They have a better line, and need a running back for the long term. I'm sure that won't come back and bite us in the ass. :blink:

And where is Eddie George? That's right, doing analysis.

837055[/snapback]

Following a nine-year career that saw him finish in the all-time top 20 in rushing yards and included a trip to the Super Bowl.

How about you see how he performs behind the re-shuffled line before you waste any more bandwidth with this kind of thinking.

837045[/snapback]

Agreed...McGahee did not get his chance to run behind this new line, which seems to have put a pedigree on running the ball.

Why can't the Bills keep both. Run an offence with Running Back 1a and 1b. They are both good RB's so I don't see why they both can't carry the load together like NE with Maroney and Dillon.

And why is it that after 1-2 games, everyone knows who is going to be a Pro Bowler and who should be dumped? A-train has played in the majority of only 2 games, and people are already calling for Willis to be benched. Who knows what Willis could have done against the worst run defence. A-train only ran for a little ove 100 yards in that game, not exactly spectacular when you look at previous teams running stats against Indy this year

837028[/snapback]

I think Brady Brady Brady...Kelly Kelly Kelly

i want to see both willis and the atrain utilized. atrain is showin that he can run and be an asset to this team. willis, is a great back. utilize them both, and show teams different looks. easier to prepare for one good back, than 2 good backs.