duey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, because we'd be 7-2 instead of 3-6 if we didnt have JP as a QB.  :blink:

835577[/snapback]

Do you contribute anything to this board anymore besides the sarcastic one-liners? Jesus H., this place has turned into a !@#$ing army of bungee jumping feces throwers :doh: .

Read my first post here on why I think a change at QB for a game or two would be a good idea, and then get back to me with your reasons for defending JP at all costs.

And FYI, yes I think we'd be something like 5-4 if we had a more competent (read: just average) QB than JP - the Detroit game and yesterday's game. Those 2 games came down to a difference in a couple big plays, and regarding the Indy game in particular, JP made ZERO big plays. For the few opportunities he was given to do so in and near the read zone, he was terribly inaccurate when given enough time to make the throw.

Why is everyone afraid of playing Nall for a game or two? I'm starting to get fed up with holding an entire franchise hostage for 1 player's development. If Nall was a 1st rounder - and JP wasn't - I bet this argument would take on an entirely different flavor.

835571[/snapback]

I'm not afraid of that and I think they should play Nall.....soon.

I gave up on JP after the Pats game. While the OL continues to struggle, JP is *still* making the same mistakes that rookie QBs make. I don't care how many games he has played, he's in his 3rd NFL season and he should know by now that the same rookie mistakes over & over are unacceptable.

If the coaches are continually calling for running plays on 3rd & long, it's a sign they've given up on Losman (to me, at least). They had a chance to beat the undefeated Colts on the road and they can't trust their QB to make a 3rd down completion?

Let's play Nall - we know what Holcomb has in him, so there's no point in starting him. As somone said, we have 7 games to audition people for 2007....let's do it now.

Why is everyone so hard on the playcalling? Mularky always said "we're gonna run the ball" but he always gave up on the run when they started stacking the box. The current coaches say "we're gonna run the ball" and they actually do it. Look at the last games, and look back to the minessota game where they kept pounding the ball up the middle against 2 pro bowl defensive tackles. I have to salute them to sticking with their intuition that this needs to be a team with a power running team that runs first and passes second. That is clearly the way to go with a young QB and good RBs. They can win many games this way if the defense plays well and if they don't give up turnovers. Unfortunately the defense rarely seems to be able to get a critical stop and the O-line isn't opening up enough holes for the running game and the sacks are killing them. Don't blame this all on losman, he will need time. Look at Drew Brees, he sucked his first two years (much worse than losman) then turned into a probowl QB. That is the norm for a QB. I like what the coaches are doing with the running game. Stick to it.

Running the ball in the red zone means no interceptions and a much greater chance to put points on the board.

Do you contribute anything to this board anymore besides the sarcastic one-liners? Jesus H., this place has turned into a !@#$ing army of bungee jumping feces throwers  :blink: .

Read my first post here on why I think a change at QB for a game or two would be a good idea, and then get back to me with your reasons for defending JP at all costs.

And FYI, yes I think we'd be something like 5-4 if we had a more competent (read: just average) QB than JP - the Detroit game and yesterday's game. Those 2 games came down to a difference in a couple big plays, and regarding the Indy game in particular, JP made ZERO big plays. For the few opportunities he was given to do so in and near the read zone, he was terribly inaccurate when given enough time to make the throw.

835600[/snapback]

If there was any sign of intelligent football discussion going on here, i'd gladly participate.

I don't think the minimal number of pass plays called the last two weeks says one thing or the other about the coaching staff's opinion of Losman. DJ has never been a fan of airing the ball out. Just look back at his Chicago teams that had Jim Miller and Shane Matthews behind center. He's from the school of thought that you win by presenting a strong defense and running the football and only having to throw the ball on occasion.

For all of those whining about the lack of production in the passing game, I think this is just part of the gameplan as designed by the current coaching staff. Boring football? Maybe. But it resulted in a win last week -- and a near-win this week against a team that was clearly better than us.

Bottom line: I think the coaching staff is satisfied with what Losman's doing, as he is doing exactly what they are asking of him.

Why?  If we start Losman for 14 games and Nall for 2, the end result is that we still won't know about either quarterback.  Is there any scenario where Nall could play the last two games of the season and somehow eliminate all our concerns about the quarterback position?  Is anyone really going to say they're ready to make Nall the starter for next season after two games this season?

835557[/snapback]

You would find out enough to decide if you want to bring Nall back. If he's OK bring him back. If he's a screw up then cut him.

Also,

Do you really need more games to figure Loseman out? Really?

IMHO I think the Bills haven't lost confidence in JP but in the O-line. They're working JP as a drop back passer to get him the experience. They know he can roll out and throw, they are trying to make him comfortable in staying in the pocket.  I think they know this was going to be a rebuilding year and they need to to get the right people the experience for next year.

Now if this is not the case and they have lost confidence in JP, they what the #$%@ are they waiting for? Put him on the pine!

835389[/snapback]

This is just the thing. You can't force a guy into being a pocket passer. Look at Vick. Once ATL let Vick do his thing, he has played really well in some games this year. Overall, he is better than last year. Let him do what is comfortable to him, it will work out best for everyone in the end.

You would find out enough to decide if you want to bring Nall back. If he's OK bring him back. If he's a  screw up then cut him.

Also,

Do you really need more games to figure Loseman out? Really?

835662[/snapback]

You forgot your patented "i'm a douchebag" smilie :blink:

This is just the thing.  You can't force a guy into being a pocket passer.  Look at Vick.  Once ATL let Vick do his thing, he has played really well in some games this year.  Overall, he is better than last year.  Let him do what is comfortable to him, it will work out best for everyone in the end.

835791[/snapback]

I'm not saying what they are doing is the right thing. I'm just saying that is what I think they are trying to do.

Did you bother to read my entire post? I explained my reasons there.

And I can just as easily turn the table on your question. Will starting JP those extra 2 games give us a definitive answer on whether or not JP is our future?

835571[/snapback]

YES. Because pulling Losman as your QB during the season again means he'll never be the QB in Buffalo. The team isn't going to let him be the starter next season when (in this hypothetical) he's been the starting QB at the start of each of the last two seasons and lost the job.

It is incredibly important that the team lets Losman start 16 games this season. It's the only way he'll ever develop into anything in this city. Sacrificing that for 2 cup-of-coffee games for Nall isn't worth it. Two games for Nall gives us nothing.

16 games for Losman develops a QB. 14 games for Losman runs him out of town.

You would find out enough to decide if you want to bring Nall back. If he's OK bring him back. If he's a  screw up then cut him.

835662[/snapback]

Yeah, because it's really important to spend 2 games evaluating our third string QB. :blink:

Taking JP out eliminates any chance he'll ever develop into anything in this city. And why would we do that? Because we have a third string QB with 30+ career pass attempts who we think might be the savior but only if we give him 2-4 games to find out (in the same garbage offensive unit that can't get anything done)?

Missed an 'O' there. Not "god" how about good? I'll even take average or adequate. Or even an upgrade to OK.

Nobody knows how Nall would do when the whistle blows. I just want to find out. Lets see before we go into the offseason.

If this is a "rebuilding" year. Isn't best to find out everything you can about all the players on the roster? The Bills have an extra 7 pre-season games going into the 2007 season. Let's use them. Let's empty the benches and find out who the players are and who the pretenders are. Throw the politics of contracts and draft postions out the window.  Give Loseman the next game. Then three each to Holcomb and Nall. Let's find out. What is there to lose? A higher draft position?

835508[/snapback]

Guess I wrong, but I always thought during rebuilding you always give your starting QB game experience. :blink:

Isnt preseason the time to rotate through your players to evaluate whom should start? Like we all know this team is rebuilding, so let our young players get thier experience.........it should pay dividends next season. We seem to now know, what we need for our OL this coming off season. :doh: