so many experts on this board

mead107

seems to me most of you ripping the bills and losman did not even think this team should be on the same field as the colts .

so why should you be ripping the bills apart  now if you did not think they would win ????

835174[/snapback]

Because we are sick of seeing our Qb throw for 80 yards a game.

Why am I unbelievable.  All I said was Im sick of seeing our qb throw for 80 yards.

835377[/snapback]

What if he threw for 80 yards, Lindell makes that FG and Manning doesn't mount a comeback and the Bills win. How do you feel today after that scenario?

Why am I unbelievable.  All I said was Im sick of seeing our qb throw for 80 yards.

835377[/snapback]

Because you fail to distinguish between a bad individual performance of 80 yards, and a game plan where he was asked threw for 80 yards on 13 attempts (and was sacked four times).

That, and your main complaint seems to be that it bores you. Never mind that that same game plan - protect the ball, keep Manning & Co. off the field, and let the Colts make the mistakes - let them hang with an undefeated team for nearly a full four quarters, and almost sneak out a win. It's not good enough, because you were bored. :blink:

What if he threw for 80 yards, Lindell makes that FG and Manning doesn't mount a comeback and the Bills win.  How do you feel today after that scenario?

835390[/snapback]

Exactly...I'm not thrilled either, but no question much of what went down yesterday was driven by the Game Plan...And the Game Plan was driven by the fact that the Bills cannot Pass Block worth a darn...

So the problem isn't that he's bad, the problem is that the game plan is boring as sh--...therefore the QB is bad. 

You people are unbelievable.  :blink:

835373[/snapback]

No, the problem is that he is bad, the coaches have to try and coach around it, making our offense as boring as sh--.

Because you fail to distinguish between a bad individual performance of 80 yards, and a game plan where he was asked threw for 80 yards on 13 attempts (and was sacked four times). 

That, and your main complaint seems to be that it bores you.  Never mind that that same game plan - protect the ball, keep Manning & Co. off the field, and let the Colts make the mistakes - let them hang with an undefeated team for nearly a full four quarters, and almost sneak out a win.  It's not good enough, because you were bored.  :blink:

835404[/snapback]

I never said I was bored.

What if he threw for 80 yards, Lindell makes that FG and Manning doesn't mount a comeback and the Bills win.  How do you feel today after that scenario?

835390[/snapback]

I would feel like we got a good road win and need the QB position to start getting more productive. Just because you stick your head in the lions mouth and live to tell about it doesn't mean you should keep doing it.

seems to me most of you ripping the bills and losman did not even think this team should be on the same field as the colts .

so why should you be ripping the bills apart  now if you did not think they would win ????

835174[/snapback]

Kind of like all the 'experts' who claim JP needs to play every game to improve? Like a QB can't learn the game on the bench while the team plays the guy that gives the best chance to win? Hasselbeck, Bulger, Pennington, Brady, Rivers, etc all learned on the bench and started playing games when they were ready. This 'trial by fire' or nothing approach so many people here preach is utter BS.

Kind of like all the 'experts' who claim Willis is god's gift to RBs, or he's got his college speed back, etc etc. The guy is a stiff and we are better with A-Train in the backfield, that says something.

That, and your main complaint seems to be that it bores you.  Never mind that that same game plan - protect the ball, keep Manning & Co. off the field, and let the Colts make the mistakes - let them hang with an undefeated team for nearly a full four quarters, and almost sneak out a win.  It's not good enough, because you were bored.  :blink:

835404[/snapback]

& BTW, if you think getting negative 2 yards in the red zone is going to beat manning you are dillusional. See every once in awhile in the National Football League, especially in a hostile environment, you need your qb to step up & actually make a play. It is pretty evident, at this stage of his career, Losman is not capable of doing this. When he needed to make a play, he threw ot 10 yards out of bounds to evans.

Kind of like all the 'experts' who claim JP needs to play every game to improve?  Like a QB can't learn the game on the bench while the team plays the guy that gives the best chance to win?  Hasselbeck, Bulger, Pennington, Brady, Rivers, etc all learned on the bench and started playing games when they were ready.  This 'trial by fire' or nothing approach so many people here preach is utter BS. 

Kind of like all the 'experts' who claim Willis is god's gift to RBs, or he's got his college speed back, etc etc.  The guy is a stiff and we are better with A-Train in the backfield, that says something.

835433[/snapback]

Which has nothing to do with a game plan that has Losman not passing the ball with any frequency.

& BTW, if you think getting negative 2 yards in the red zone is going to beat manning you are dillusional.  See every once in awhile in the National Football League, especially in a hostile environment, you need your qb to step up & actually make a play.  It is pretty evident, at this stage of his career,  Losman is not capable of doing this.  When he needed to make a play, he threw ot 10 yards out of bounds to evans.

835442[/snapback]

Which has nothing to do with a game plan that has Losman not passing the ball with any frequency.

And by the way: I said Losman was going to be a bust when he was drafted. I'm not defending Losman, I'm criticizing your absolute lack of any thought. "Losman sucks because I think he's boring." :blink:

835450[/snapback]

I do think there is an issue when the coaches game plan keeps Losman on such a short leash. There is a distinct level of mistrust with him at QB and that makes me nervous about how this is playing out.

i liked rivers when he was in college . saw  several of his games on tv when he was in his 2nd year  and later . new he would be good .

835446[/snapback]

I thoughts Rivers was going to be great and was disappointed the Bills didn't really have a shot at him. I watched a lot of his games in college (Wolfpack baby!) and he seemed a man amoung boys at times. I also thought Mario and Manny were going to tear up the league but they're off to slow starts. I almost puked when the Bills traded up for Big John. That guy is in no way shape or form 1st round talent.

I do think there is an issue when the coaches game plan keeps Losman on such a short leash.  There is a distinct level of mistrust with him at QB and that makes me nervous about how this is playing out.

835454[/snapback]

if it is mistrust , then why do they stick with him ? no one better ???