Some Positives of the Game

Bills Fan888

1. Terrence McGee had his best game of the year with 6 tackles an 88yd kick return and a TD off a fumble recovery and had great coverage on Reggie Wayne.

2.Nate Clements had his best game of the year.(Marvin Harrision 2rec. 21 yds)He seems like he is learning the system and could be great. He also had a FF and recover that fumble.

3.A-Train had 109yds with one of the worst O-Lines in the league and showed lots of explosion.

4.Our D gave up only 17 pts and scored 7 on the best offensive team in the league . They look like they are finally learning the system. Peyton Manning got only 236 yards and 1TD - and most of it was from the running backs on the short passes. They shut down two of the best receivers in the league.

5. We almost beat the best team in the league - while we are are rebuilding.

6. JP didnt have any turnovers and made some nice throws. He completed 70% of his passes against a pretty good pass D that picked off Brady 4 times last week.

7.Lee Evans had a good game. He made some nice catches and runs after the catch.

8.Angelo Crowell had 13 takles (only one assisted tackle) and a fumble that resulted in a TD. He looked like he was around the ball all day.

9. Brian Moorman was booming punts again and helped our D a lot in not letting the Colts score much.

10. Lindell did great except that last kick and is tied for 2nd in total points for a kicker.

6. JP didnt have any turnovers  and made some nice throws. He completed 70% of his passes against a pretty good pass D that picked off Brady 4 times last week.

834813[/snapback]

Are expectations that low that well yippie skippie he didn't turn it over so it was a good day is acceptabe for a guy we spent a 1st 2nd and 5th rd draft pick on?

Are expectations that low that well yippie skippie he didn't turn it over so it was a good day is acceptabe for a guy we spent a 1st 2nd and 5th rd draft pick on?

834816[/snapback]

Where the heck did he say yippie skippie it was a good day? He was listing positives. That was a positive. Relax.

Where the heck did he say yippie skippie it was a good day? He was listing positives. That was a positive. Relax.

834819[/snapback]

Sure it's always good when you dont turn the ball over, but I just dont see anything positive about our offense, so excuse me for not being happy about a qb who's been in the pros for 4 years who struggles to throw for 100 yards and put points on the board. No turnovers are fine. For what we gave up for him it's dissapointing that's the only positive.

Sure it's always good when you dont turn the ball over, but I just dont see anything positive about our offense, so excuse me for not being happy about a qb who's been in the pros for 4 years who struggles to throw for 100 yards and put points on the board.  No turnovers are fine.  For what we gave up for him  it's dissapointing that's the only positive.

834823[/snapback]

That's fine but the explicitly stated purpose of this thread is to list positives from this game so I find it odd that you are getting worked up when he mentions a positive aspect of Losman's game.

Sure it's always good when you dont turn the ball over, but I just dont see anything positive about our offense, so excuse me for not being happy about a qb who's been in the pros for 4 years who struggles to throw for 100 yards and put points on the board.  No turnovers are fine.  For what we gave up for him  it's dissapointing that's the only positive.

834823[/snapback]

Hes had 3 years in the pros with a bad headcoach and offensive cooridinator, bad O-Line and has only started 17 games.

They gave this game to the Colts. The Bills are one player away from being 6-3 and in first place in the AFC East. That player is a QB. The ONLY positive is that they did lose the game. The more they lose, the better the chance at getting a real QB in the draft.

They gave this game to the Colts. The Bills are one player away from being 6-3 and in first place in the AFC East. That player is a QB. The ONLY positive is that they did lose the game. The more they lose, the better the chance at getting a real QB in the draft.

834833[/snapback]

Brady threw 4 ints, do you think we would have won with him. The bills need another receiver and O-Lineman that can block.

834816[/snapback]

He did a lot better than your Willis "I'm the best runningback" McGahee. By the way, I'm thinking you that you have no clue about what happened to the Bills passing game today, absolutely no clue.

I agree with all your points about the defense. They played better than anyone could've imagined; Crowell & Clements were outstanding.

Enter the inevitable "but".......

This was the 3rd game this year (@NE & Detroit) we gave up the ball with 5+ minutes left down 1 score and never got the ball back. You could say it's the 4th time if you count the Jets game when Kevan freaking Barlow ran it down our throats on their last possession when it was an 8pt game. This is a pretty disturbing trend.

I agree with all your points about the defense.  They played better than anyone could've imagined; Crowell & Clements were outstanding.

Enter the inevitable "but".......

This was the 3rd game this year (@NE & Detroit) we gave up the ball with 5+ minutes left down 1 score and never got the ball back.  You could say it's the 4th time if you count the Jets game when Kevan freaking Barlow ran it down our throats on their last possession when it was an 8pt game.  This is a pretty disturbing trend.

834865[/snapback]

I hate to say it but do you really thing the offense would have done anything if they got the ball back? It would be just more fuel for the Losman haters. Losman did nothing today but should have left the field with the lead.

He did a lot better than your Willis "I'm the best runningback" McGahee. By the way, I'm thinking you that you have no clue about what happened to the Bills passing game today, absolutely no clue.

834858[/snapback]

Well first let me say. I would hope he performed better then someone who didnt play :devil: Secondly what does it matter? So he performed better then someone else? I would hope skill players on the same team perform in unison with one another and both play well. Overall I root for the laundry not the individual player. Yeah theres players I like over others, but I care far more about the success of the team as a whole.

As far as not knowing about the bills passing game I never claimed I did. I can only go by what I saw and what I've seen. Maybe you've seen things out of losman that tell you with more experience and better oline he can be the guy we hoped we'd get when we drafted him. Personally I haven't seen it. I'm more then willing to give him the rest of the year. I won't apologize though for expecting more out of him then just hoping he doesn't turn the ball over.

1. Terrence McGee had his best game of the year with 6 tackles an 88yd kick return and a TD off a fumble recovery and had great coverage on Reggie Wayne.

2.Nate Clements had his best game of the year.(Marvin Harrision 2rec. 21 yds)He seems like he is learning the system and could be great. He also had a FF and recover that fumble.

3.A-Train had 109yds with one of the worst O-Lines in the league and showed lots of explosion.

4.Our D gave up only 17 pts and scored 7 on the best offensive team in the league . They look like they are finally learning the system. Peyton Manning got only 236 yards and  1TD - and most of it was from the running backs on the short passes. They shut down two of the best receivers in the league.

5. We almost beat the best team in the league - while we are are rebuilding.

6. JP didnt have any turnovers  and made some nice throws. He completed 70% of his passes against a pretty good pass D that picked off Brady 4 times last week.

7.Lee Evans had a good game. He made some nice catches and runs after the catch.

8.Angelo Crowell had 13 takles (only one assisted tackle) and a fumble that resulted in a TD. He looked like he was around the ball all day.

834813[/snapback]

Good post.

834833[/snapback]

:devil::P:(

4.Our D gave up only 17 pts and scored 7 on the best offensive team in the league . They look like they are finally learning the system. Peyton Manning got only 236 yards and  1TD - and most of it was from the running backs on the short passes. They shut down two of the best receivers in the league.

834813[/snapback]

As Peyton mentioned in the PGC, the bills provided safety help to the CBs on the outside thereby exposing the middle and Manning took what he was offered throwing mainly to his TEs and RBs and letting the RBs run for 150 yards....

This game of football starts with STOPPING the Run and Running the ball....Until we can do that successfully we are not going anywhere fast.