Some Positives of the Game

Bills Fan888

They gave this game to the Colts. The Bills are one player away from being 6-3 and in first place in the AFC East. That player is a QB. The ONLY positive is that they did lose the game. The more they lose, the better the chance at getting a real QB in the draft.

834833[/snapback]

Sure...No QB is going to survive behind what is called an OL that is so offensive.

I agree with all your points about the defense.  They played better than anyone could've imagined; Crowell & Clements were outstanding.

Enter the inevitable "but".......

This was the 3rd game this year (@NE & Detroit) we gave up the ball with 5+ minutes left down 1 score and never got the ball back.  You could say it's the 4th time if you count the Jets game when Kevan freaking Barlow ran it down our throats on their last possession when it was an 8pt game.  This is a pretty disturbing trend.

834865[/snapback]

agreed...before we jump and annoit this defense as our savior they have ways to go, though they are improving in many aspects of the game....

Also, Manning was able to comfortably move the ball from the 9, 10, 15 yard on his own side all the way down....Moorman did an excellent job of pushing the colts back, but the D could not pin them back....

As Peyton mentioned in the PGC, the bills provided safety help to the CBs on the outside thereby exposing the middle and Manning took what he was offered throwing mainly to his TEs and RBs and letting the RBs run for 150 yards....

This game of football starts with STOPPING the Run and Running the ball....Until we can do that successfully we are not going anywhere fast.

835201[/snapback]

When Mcargo comes back and gets more experience then our run D should be better.

Hopefully

Sure it's always good when you dont turn the ball over, but I just dont see anything positive about our offense, so excuse me for not being happy about a qb who's been in the pros for 4 years who struggles to throw for 100 yards and put points on the board.  No turnovers are fine.  For what we gave up for him  it's dissapointing that's the only positive.

834823[/snapback]

How do you blame the QB when its the Coaches that call the Fuggin plays? 4 passes in the first half and 13 for the game? thats crap and you know it. What year is it? 1932?

Does JP have some blame? maybe, but I blame the gameplan that limits the offense to that extent. The best offenses are the BALANCED ones. Keep'em guessing. If JP is the reason, then cut his ass right now. But I dont think the team blames JP as much as they blame the O-line. Listen to Jauron and you will here him talk about the limited gameplan being a result of poor line play, NOT a piss poor QB!

I personally thought JP played pretty well yesterday.