Saddest Offensive Scheme Ever...

AnthonyF

Never have I been so upset with a game my entire life... I have never seen a coach make no attempt whatsoever to win a game. Indy tried to give them a chance.

Losman was 3-3 the first drive, we run on third and goal from the 11. Losman was 9-13... He held the ball when he was hit and the team did not once try and do a single thing.

They touched the ball 3 times the first half and only threw on throwing situations if at all. I have never seen anything as pathetic.

I can only imagine what JP is thinking, if not Evans, Parrish, Price.... The team had no interest to win. They Offensive Game Plan could not care less. There was not one.

I'd rather have seen JP 15-35 for 110 yards and then I could throw my hands up and say forget it. Today was the worst I've ever seen.

The coaching staff must think he is compeltely incompetent... and if so why???

I dunno, I sorta feel the opposite. I feel as though the game plan was one they thought would give them the best shot at winning the game, when maybe they should have been more focused on letting JP do his thing so he can continue to get the kinks out.

That is exactly how I felt from the very first drive of the game. 0:)

I can understand the logic of running because Indy has the worst run defense in the league and one of the best pass defenses, but Indy was stacking the line the whole game, you have to pass if you want to open up the run.

Yes a wonderful first drive.  We passed 4 times that drive (1 interference penalty).  We then passed 1 more time the first half.

I give up... Who wants to watch this stuff...  Anyone see how good some other games were today?

834681[/snapback]

Maybe we should script the first 40 plays?

Never have I been so upset with a game my entire life...  I have never seen a coach make no attempt whatsoever to win a game.  Indy tried to give them a chance.

Losman was 3-3 the first drive, we run on third and goal from the 11.  Losman was 9-13...  He held the ball when he was hit and the team did not once try and do a single thing. 

They touched the ball 3 times the first half and only threw on throwing situations if at all.  I have never seen anything as pathetic.

I can only imagine what JP is thinking, if not Evans, Parrish, Price....  The team had no interest to win.  They Offensive Game Plan could not care less.  There was not one.

I'd rather have seen JP 15-35 for 110 yards and then I could throw my hands up and say forget it.  Today was the worst I've ever seen. 

The coaching staff must think he is compeltely incompetent...  and if so why???

834663[/snapback]

Hands down the dumbest post I've ever read on here.

I thought it was smart. Running the ball and eating up clock was one of the reasons we were in the game.

In the passing game, I wish they would have run more three step drops and just had JP throw a quick pass for a short gain.

I'm rooting for JP and I really hopes he suceeds. However, at this point, I don't think you can fault the coaches for not having a lot of confidence in him. (or the enitre passing game.)

Maybe we should script the first 40 plays?

834690[/snapback]

That's been my biggest beef with playcalling the whole season as they seem to develop a least some sort of chemistry at the beginning of games. We seem to spread the ball around an have a good mixture of run and pass. But after that playcalling seems lost. We never make a defense defend the whole field. There are no quick passes across the middle.

Gave

Us

The

Best

Chance

To

Win

It was meant to keep Manning off of the field.

834670[/snapback]

For the most part I agree though a few of those plays were inexcusable. Running the ball on 3rd and goal from 9 nine, for example. At some point you have to try to score TDs and that was the perfect opportunity.

For the most part I agree though a few of those plays were inexcusable.  Running the ball on 3rd and goal from 9 nine, for example.  At some point you have to try to score TDs and that was the perfect opportunity.

834801[/snapback]

Exactly. The draw play is a no-brainer from 3rd&22 on the 35. But 3rd&goal from the 9 when you've completed three 3rd downs on the same drive made me puke.