My Two Cents Regarding JP

TSNBDSC

... you can't make a clear decision on him until the OL is addressed ... i think the lack of talent on the OL affects not only JP but what plays can be called ... i'll reserve judgement until the OL is fixed ...

834473[/snapback]

How about our receivers and tight-ends? Collectively this is the worst group of offensive players in the league. After Lee Evans, none of these guys are worth a lick.

It's tough when the O-line plays like today. Can somone really name more than one play from today's game where JP didn't make the right read,decision, or throw? I can't. I'll look again later, but I don't think the opinion will change.

... you can't make a clear decision on him until the OL is addressed ... i think the lack of talent on the OL affects not only JP but what plays can be called ... i'll reserve judgement until the OL is fixed ...

834473[/snapback]

Then your 2 cents aren't even worth half a penny.

834473[/snapback]

Guess what - there are no clear decisions in life, and darn few in football.

So how long should we be willing to wait for all the stars to be aligned, on an imperfect team, so that we can be certain whether a guy is part of the solution or not? Do we wait until we have at least two pro-bowlers on the line?

Guess what - there are no clear decisions in life, and darn few in football.

So how long should we be willing to wait for all the stars to be aligned, on an imperfect team, so that we can be certain whether a guy is part of the solution or not?  Do we wait until we have at least two pro-bowlers on the line?

So the answer is to HOPE that the kind of player who comes along once in a blue moon falls into the Bills' laps? I mean, where do you think the Bills would be with Kelly behind this O-line, much less these WR's?

So the answer is to HOPE that the kind of player who comes along once in a blue moon falls into the Bills' laps?  I mean, where do you think the Bills would be with Kelly behind this O-line, much less these WR's?

834518[/snapback]

Yeah, keep trying to make excuses. We'll do it for the next !@#$ing 15 years.

Funny.  That's about how long we've been making excuses that it's the QB and NOT the O-line.

834522[/snapback]

Because we've had so many world class QB's to compare with.

Get a clue, the last QB we were making excuses for lost his starting job for the exact same BS, and I'm sure Cowboys fans made the same excuses until he got the hook.

So the answer is to HOPE that the kind of player who comes along once in a blue moon falls into the Bills' laps?  I mean, where do you think the Bills would be with Kelly behind this O-line, much less these WR's?

834518[/snapback]

No, the answer is to be realistic about evaluating players on an imperfect team, and to be willing to occasionally get it wrong. If you don't, you'll fritter away years saying "I can't evaluate so-and-so because such-and-such wasn't good enough this year. I'll have to fix that next year and then see."

How long can you wait? Next year is Losman's 4th year in the League. Does anyone really believe that if the Bills give up on Losman at the end of the year, he will turn out to be a good NFL starter with someone else? Sometimes it's just time to try something else and move on. We are getting very close to that time.

Because we've had so many world class QB's to compare with.

Get a clue, the last QB we were making excuses for lost his starting job for the exact same BS, and I'm sure Cowboys fans made the same excuses until he got the hook.

Forget Bledsoe. His age and increasing lack of mobility and though processing have made him a dinosaur. But what I would give to have WR's like TO and Glenn, a TE like Witten, and a home-run threat at RB like Jones, much less a great change-of-pace RB like Barber.

Forget Bledsoe.  His age and increasing lack of mobility and though processing have made him a dinosaur.  But what I would give to have WR's like TO and Glenn, a TE like Witten, and a home-run threat at RB like Jones, much less a great change-of-pace RB like Barber.

834534[/snapback]

But with DB, the problem was the OL. QB's make plays regardless of the circumstances. Anyways that's the way I see it. Obviously there are people who see it differently but I have lost a lot of confidence in this squad.

But with DB, the problem was the OL.

I thought it was the O-line initially. But it's apparent that the cumulative effect of all the hits he's taken has made him both physically (didn't think that was possible) and mentally slower. Very few QB's would have a chance with the Bills' O-line. And again, A-Train averaging 3.8 YPC, when the Colts give-up 5.3 YPC, is very telling.