"Who Blew It!" Who is to blame for our loss to

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time believing coaches "lose a step" ... its not a very physically demanding position.

833893[/snapback]

I think that coaching is physically taxing in a sense more mental, but 14 hour workdays for 6-7 months out of the year. Plus potentially getting Joe Paterno'd while standing on the sidelines

Jp.  He not good enough to be on the starting roster anymore.  I'll support him until the end of the season but after that....no.

833762[/snapback]

You should change your avatar sig. All you do is criticize JP. You are in danger of becoming a crusader. Change the fuggin record...

bull sh--. This was an EXTREMELY well coached game. How many teams keep the Colts to 17 points? I loved their game plan, and it worked. The only way you beat the colts is to keep it close and come through when it counts. We kept it close and as usual couldn't make the play when it mattered.

Lindell doesn't make clutch field goals. He only makes field goals. He's consistent when it doesn't matter and it lulls you into thinking he's a good kicker, but he's mediocre, because what you do in critical situations counts tenfold against your normal stats.

833832[/snapback]

That's defensive coaching. We are complaining about the offensive coaches.

JP looks defeated.  The whole team does!  And I say its because the coaching staff is trying so hard to not make mistakes, that they're not trying to win.

833823[/snapback]

I think they are doing the right thing with this gameplan. This offensive line is so horrible that it is impossible to develop any kind of rhythm in the passing game. If they dropped back 35 times they'd score more points and JP Losman would make more plays, but the negative plays caused by free roaming pass rushers would overshadow the big plays and Losman would be seriously injured. The ultra-conservative approach may not please Losman, but under the circumstances it's the best thing for him and I think it's going to make him that much better when the day comes and he's allowed to play aggressively.

This is a 2-14 team because the OL is horrid and the DT's are very poor. Line play, plain and simple. But the style they are playing is keeping them in games, and as we're finding out if you let the other team beat itself they'll do it more than 2 out of 16 times. They should ride this style out for the rest of the season and then lock Marv in a closet on February 28 so he can't sign more pathetic reject offensive lineman in free agency and draft DB's on day one of the draft.

Add Mr. McNally, who cannot get one single scheme in the redzone to work for the OL....

833816[/snapback]

McNally should be dumped, I'm so sick of hearing about how he works wonders.

He sucks, no other coach (especially position) is given as many chances as he is.

Run his ass outta town.

McNally should be dumped, I'm so sick of hearing about how he works wonders.

He sucks, no other coach (especially position) is given as many chances as he is.

Run his ass outta town.

834015[/snapback]

Give me a list of offensive linemen who failed under McNally only to find success elsewhere. If you hand a chef ingredients you found at the bottom of a dumpster, he'll cook you a meal that tastes like garbage. I don't care how good your chef is.

I thought the playcalling was damn good. We played the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL AND HAD A CHANCE TO WIN with a few minutes on the clock and our non-clutch kicker blew it AGAIN.

This loss is primarily on that missed kick. JP was mediocre at best but we had too much pressure from the right side to give him the time he needed to make the plays down the field.

833837[/snapback]

Had Lindell made that kick...the Colts were in field goal range when they ran out the clock...so what would it have mattered? Vinatieri wouldn't have missed.

Jp.  He not good enough to be on the starting roster anymore.  I'll support him until the end of the season but after that....no.

833762[/snapback]

coaching at the end

in the end jauron abandoned a game plan that had gotten bills into a potential late 4th quarter lead by calling pass on 3rd and 5 from the 20. the one thing they couldnt do in that situation is take a sack and made the go ahead field goal longer. the tackles had been getting lit up on passing plays all day and JP couldn't sense a pass rush with the most sophisticated GPS navigation system. just like clockwork tackle gets beat off the ball, jp has no clue and gets sacked and lindell misses 41 yard field goal. i honestly think if the field goal would have been 35 that lindell makes it. the colts were only able to get 17 points through more than 3 & 1/2 quarters and the best option was to make sure you put the onus on them to score on you. bills didn't need a TD ... they needed FG and going for a TD by calling pass wasn't worth the risk.

Had Lindell made that kick...the Colts were in field goal range when they ran out the clock...so what would it have mattered? Vinatieri wouldn't have missed.

834188[/snapback]

At least it would have made more interesting than Manning kneeling down three times...

Negative 8 total yards in the red zone

Sack after big sack

cant throw

cant pass block

a 1-2 second pocket....

Running the ball on 3rd and 14 and then passing on 3rd and 2.  WHAT THE $%^??????????

Sound like the same team we have had the past 6 years.....

This team is horrid.

833773[/snapback]

That makes too much sense. We can't execute fundamentally and of course a rookie QB will suck when he has no confidence in his line and thusly, himself.

That makes too much sense.  We can't execute fundamentally and of course a rookie QB will suck when he has no confidence in his line and thusly, himself.

834456[/snapback]

Kelly Holcomb has 21 career starts, so by your logic Holcomb's in his second year. I wonder how he'll look once he's a seasoned veteran? 0:)