Favorite Wrestler

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, there was a great conversation as to who the best wrestler was/ is.  I start the thread again:

1) Hogan

2) Andre

3) Sheik

4) Flair

831888[/snapback]

1) Bret Hart

2) Ric Flair

3) Randy Savage

4) Ricky Steamboat

5) HHH

My alltime fav is Billy 'SuperStar' Graham. I started watching wrestling on WWOR towards the end of his title reign. MSG used to have 'MSG Spotlight' when the Rangers ended early. He was always on.

Haven't watched it in years but back in the day no one came close to

Rowdy Roddy Piper. The best on the mike of all time.

I nearly died laughing when he broke that coconut over Snuka's head....or when he called Flair the "May West of wrestling"....what a guy!

Haven't watched it in years but back in the day no one came close to

Rowdy Roddy Piper. The best on the mike of all time.

I nearly died laughing when he broke that coconut over Snuka's head....or when he called Flair the "May West of wrestling"....what a guy!

831921[/snapback]

I like the classic Piper lines " So I says to myself, I says, says I" or "Nature Boy? What do you do? Run naked through the woods?".

Any chance od CBS running wrestling videos instead of the Bills game? There isn't much difference. Both outcomes are predetermined <_<

1. Gorgeous George (Hogan, Flair, Savage would not be without him and his style)

2. Abdullah the Butcher (500 pounds and still wrestling, he is well in his 60's and had some great feuds

3. Jerry Lawler (Ruled Southern Wrestling! Memphis pre 90's is the best damn wrestling show in my collection!)

4. Jim Crockett Promotions (Took the NWA out of Florida and went prime time on WTBS! Best friggin wrestlers and feuds!)

5. Randy Savage/Ricky Steamboat (Best workers in the business! Greatest match of all time!)

6. The Midnight Express (nothing to them at all, not big or nothing. But Jim Cornett made that team the greatest of all time! Never backed down to nobody and use to wrestle almost every night! Next to the Road Warriors/Russians/and Rock and Roll express!)

1. Gorgeous George  (Hogan, Flair, Savage would not be without him and his style)

2. Abdullah the Butcher (500 pounds and still wrestling, he is well in his 60's and had some great feuds

3. Jerry Lawler  (Ruled Southern Wrestling!  Memphis pre 90's is the best damn wrestling show in my collection!)

4. Jim Crockett Promotions (Took the NWA out of Florida and went prime time on WTBS!  Best friggin wrestlers and feuds!)

5.  Randy Savage/Ricky Steamboat  (Best workers in the business!  Greatest match of all time!)

6.  The Midnight Express (nothing to them at all, not big or nothing.  But Jim Cornett made that team the greatest of all time!  Never backed down to nobody and use to wrestle almost every night!  Next to the Road Warriors/Russians/and Rock and Roll express!)

831929[/snapback]

Are you talking "Mid-South" here? With Dibiase, Eddie Gilbert and the "Road Runners" Sting and Rock( aka Ultimate Warrior)?

Are you talking "Mid-South" here? With Dibiase, Eddie Gilbert and the "Road Runners" Sting and Rock( aka Ultimate Warrior)?

831934[/snapback]

No no no.

Memphis Championship Wrestling.

Mid South was way different. I have most of those too. Mid South was owned by Cowboy Bill Watts and was a GREAT SHOW! But Memphis took the cake!

No no no.

Memphis Championship Wrestling.

Mid South was way different.  I have most of those too.  Mid South was owned by Cowboy Bill Watts and was a GREAT SHOW!  But Memphis took the cake!

831939[/snapback]

So you're talking Austin Idol, Bill Dundee, Andy Kaufman and Jimmy Hart. We didn't get that up here in WNY. I used to read about it in the mags.

Another Good, not great, promotion was the "Global Wrestling" out of Texas. The Von Erichs, Steve Austin, Booker T cames out of the area. The Flair vs Von Erich matches were classics. And you can't forget about the 'Free Birds' which I consider the first real "Super Group" of wrestlers.

So you're talking  Austin Idol, Bill Dundee, Andy Kaufman and Jimmy Hart. We didn't get that up here in WNY. I used to read about it in the mags.

Another Good, not great, promotion was the "Global Wrestling" out of Texas. The Von Erichs, Steve Austin, Booker T cames out of the area. The Flair vs Von Erich matches were classics. And you can't forget about the 'Free Birds' which I consider the first real "Super Group" of wrestlers.

831946[/snapback]

WCCW... GREAT! Use to film it right out of Texas Stadium

Some great stuff there. I dont have much of that, Kevin Von Erich (last living son) sold it all to the WWE and Im trying to get some of it trading. Ive got a ton of rare stuff out of there. Missing Link and Brian Pillman came out of there.

Freebirds/Von Erich war is priceless!

1. The Excellence of Execution The Best there is. The Best there was. And the Best there ever will be. Bret Hitman Hart. The Reason Steve Austin got over in the 1st place.

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin- No one has ever worked harder in the business. Great talent on the mic and in the ring. One of those few that can be over no matter a heel or a face. Like any other his act kind of got stale, but still a fun guy to watch. What?

3. Chris Benoit- A lot like Bret and Kurt angle in that he can put on a good match with just about anyone. Pretty damn good wrestler. My favorite Benoit matches are his best of 7 series with Booker T from Dubya C Dubya, and his matches with Austin circa 2001.

4. RVD- an Exciting guy to watch. Mr. Monday Night/ The Whole F'n Show. The wwe should bring in bill alfonzo though.

5. The Rock- Another great character. Great on the mic and can carry a match. The Peoples champ.

All in all I rarely watch wrestling anymore. I stoped paying attention to it after the wwe bought wcw. It's been downhill ever since.

So you're talking  Austin Idol, Bill Dundee, Andy Kaufman and Jimmy Hart. We didn't get that up here in WNY. I used to read about it in the mags.

831946[/snapback]

Booker T was in prison for a while. Check smoking gun.com