Reflections

WVUFootball29

Retatta. Nothing else comes close.

Yep.

That also reminds me of classic posts. Darin's in Retatta was a work of art. But after the b.harami meltdown, someone posted a summary of it that was one of the best posts I've ever read.

Something about b.harami going to the game, cooking his noodle in the heat and drinking, coming here for a reach around and getting nothing. I have to find that one, it was hysterical.

And I'll also add this one (I think it was LABillzFan responding someone asking how the Bills looked last year)...

Let's see... we have an OC that no longer call plays, a 1st round RT playing LG, the best RB in the league without a long run, a QB of the future whose only playing because the journeyman of the present can't remember his own name, a QB coach who can't speak, a WR who can't shut up, a HC with no balls, a GM with no clue and an owner with no time.

Here we go, Nanker, awesome post describing b.harami's meltdown...

It's a sad story, really. Sad, but predictable.

Fruitloop went to the Tampon game and cooked his noodle in the heat.

But what fried his ass was he laid down $100 on the nose for HIS Bills to cover.

Not only did the loss cost him a Benjamin, but his dignity suffered all game long from the taunts he received from the Bukkae fans, and that finally drove him over the edge.

He came to the Wall seeking solace by venting on his former lover JP, and nobody would give him even as much as a reach-around.

Now he's tail lights.

Edited by bills_fan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, it got lost the last time we moved servers.  It was some of the finest work BiB and I ever did - and Ed was in at the peak of his mouth-breathing retard glory.

832071[/snapback]

If thats the case, I'll leave it to my imagination...that should paint a pretty good picture. One that is horrific yet unexplainably hilarious.

For the science oriented, you'll enjoy CTM expaining what clowns can see from the South Pole (PPP)

831923[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=594779

Ah, yes...part of The Death Ride of Newbie. <_< "If you balance a clown on a board on a beach ball, and tilt the board, Chinese lasers at the South Pole can shoot down satellites..." :lol: I wouldn't call it a classic...but it's definitely one of my favorites. That, and when Newbie explained how the only proactive action is an instinctive reaction. Then came his b.harami-like meltdown...

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Tracy Lee's infamous DVD burning thread yet. Forty-some pages...fully twenty of which was everyone trying to explain to BF that copyright laws have nothing to do with throwing a cup of beer at Ron Artest...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=141994

Homework thread! <_<

Too many great lines.

Best line ever was in the Retatta thread- "This friggin abortion" :lol:

832180[/snapback]

No, best line ever was CuttingDrewWithDignity's in the homework thread:

"Are you missing a chromosome or do you just continually want attention?"

Still cracks me up... :lol:

If thats the case, I'll leave it to my imagination...that should paint a pretty good picture.  One that is horrific yet unexplainably hilarious.

832074[/snapback]

It involved Ed insisting that BiB could not possibly have ever been attacked by a dog, because Ed had lived in three different places in New Jersey and he was never attacked by a dog...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=594779

Ah, yes...part of The Death Ride of Newbie.  <_<  "If you balance a clown on a board on a beach ball, and tilt the board, Chinese lasers at the South Pole can shoot down satellites..."  :lol:  I wouldn't call it a classic...but it's definitely one of my favorites.  That, and when Newbie explained how the only proactive action is an instinctive reaction.  Then came his b.harami-like meltdown...

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Tracy Lee's infamous DVD burning thread yet.  Forty-some pages...fully twenty of which was everyone trying to explain to BF that copyright laws have nothing to do with throwing a cup of beer at Ron Artest... 

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=141994

832190[/snapback]

The DVD burning thread is one of my favorites.

1. DVD

2. Retatta

3. NJ Sue

4. One that no one has mentioned yet....B-Dawg12 loves Kobe Bryant...then loses his mind

Harami's meltdown makes a strong case as well.

But the Kobe thread I think may be one of the few threads that traveled on 3 boards (Stadium Wall to Off the Wall to PPP). If it had lasted 10 more pages, it might have been the best ever.

Anyone hear Kobe got 81? He got 81!! Anybody? 81!!!!!1!!!111!!!! Eighty-FCKING-ONE!!!

These things don't happen anymore. First, no one (except maybe Tom) has the enthusiasm and endurance to bring this kind of heat by himself.

Second, it's rare that someone is willing to take a beating for so long, which is strange seeing how the retard pool seems to have tripled this season and we should have a huge crop of winners to choose from.

Third, losing Stojan was big...he was always good for dumping 50-100 posts into one of these massacres.

Finally, as Tater mentioned, they seem to get sniped before they truly get to grow into the special kind of trainwreck, clusterfck that they have the potential to be.

But the Kobe thread I think may be one of the few threads that traveled on 3 boards (Stadium Wall to Off the Wall to PPP).  If it had lasted 10 more pages, it might have been the best ever.

Anyone hear Kobe got 81?  He got 81!! Anybody? 81!!!!!1!!!111!!!!  Eighty-FCKING-ONE!!!

God, that was a weird thread. Kobe is a hero, Marines are pussies, then he starts babbling away about war in some language that's almost exactly unlike English. I think he paradigm shifted without a clutch. <_<

These things don't happen anymore.  First, no one (except maybe Tom) has the enthusiasm and endurance to bring this kind of heat by himself.

Far more endurance than enthusiam. Tough to get enthusiastic about telling a math illiterate that error and proabability are different concepts seventy five !@#$ing times in a row. Fortunately, it doesn't require great investment of time, so not much endurance is required either.

Second, it's rare that someone is willing to take a beating for so long, which is strange seeing how the retard pool seems to have tripled this season and we should have a huge crop of winners to choose from.

You haven't checked out the statistics discussion on PPP, have you? Holcomb's Arm is setting records...

It's tough to pick a favorite -- be it the telephone thread, DVD burning, help with homework, the plastic cup incident or retatta -- because the best threads all have one thing in common: a central character who simply never, ever knew when to just shut the !@#$ up. Each in their own way would get worked into a lather to the extent that they would ignore advice from calmer folks saying "Look...just stop, okay, because you're an embarrassment to humanity."

If you read the threads, there is some moment in each of them where someone makes a comment like that, and if the person would just heed the advice at that moment, the thread would die.

But no. Not them. No, no. They would just get deeper and deeper into their own stupidity until you didn't even have to respond. You could just stand there and watch them beat themselves up.

And madcap comedy would ensue.

You haven't checked out the statistics discussion on PPP, have you?  Holcomb's Arm is setting records...

832229[/snapback]

Actually, I have. HA is one of the few exceptions left. However, I guess I didn't put it on the same level because my statistics experience is limited to High School AP and one year of "Statistics in Psychology" at ND...and even that has left me. Much easier to determine extreme idiocy when the guy is talking about fried easy mac rather than regression towards the mean. But in most intellectual discussions, I have given you the benefit of the doubt, so assuming he is as dumb as you, Ramius and Coli say, it has been very entertaining.

Plus, he hasn't melted down...he is staying surprisingly calm.

Far more endurance than enthusiam.  Tough to get enthusiastic about telling a math illiterate that error and proabability are different concepts seventy five !@#$ing times in a row.  Fortunately, it doesn't require great investment of time, so not much endurance is required either.

832229[/snapback]

I almost said discipline instead of endurance...which is more accurate. Most people would have abandoned HA a long time ago, but you keep pounding. For the sake of entertainment for the rest of us...very admirable.

Third, losing Stojan was big...he was always good for dumping 50-100 posts into one of these massacres.

832219[/snapback]

Yeah, i remember the days where steve would post more frequently here, kinda miss it cuz he could post a ton of stuff that was always a good read

Yeah, i remember the days where steve would post more frequently here, kinda miss it cuz he could post a ton of stuff that was always a good read

832249[/snapback]

No doubt. Good, bad or completely strange, it was usually entertaining.

BTW, Tom...I hadn't read the last few pages of the stats thread. Missed out on the whole dice conversation. Very nice...keep up the good work.

And it's sweet how you and T-Bone have found common ground.

832249[/snapback]

Is stojan gone? I know he's been posting less.

BTW, Tom...I hadn't read the last few pages of the stats thread.  Missed out on the whole dice conversation.  Very nice...keep up the good work.

832260[/snapback]

That should be required reading for anyone who wants an example of real stupidity. A single die has a "true value" of 3.5. <_<:lol:

I literally hurt myself falling out of my chair laughing when I read that.