Did you go shopping on "Black Friday"?

When I was still in Buffalo, the women in the family had a very good time together, shopping and oohing and aahing over this and that. An enjoyable social event.

Fast forward to today: People standing in line for hours, with rudeness and discourtesy, to purchase electronic games, televisions, and other noisemakers so they can return to their caves having got one over on their fellow man. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My wife, her mother, and her sister have all done it. My wife doesn't anymore, though, because she doesn't believe it's worth the hassle. Her sister still does, though. Not only does she go get in line, she drags her little princess of a husband out with her and he waits in the lines she can't quite get to.

She does this every year and then compliains about how bad the waits are.

-Jeff

I went to Best Buy on NF Blvd last year. Opened at 5am, I got there at 4am, and couldn't even get a parking spot. Couldn't get the PC or the plasma TV which were the big $$$ sale items, but was able to get everything else. One thing about BB, when they have a sale, they don't have like 5 of something. The PC package, they had 100 of them. Still, I wasn't even close to getting one