What's the O's game plan?

MikeSpeed

Without making position changes (ie replacing JP with anyone) what should the coaches do to get the O on track?

We have an offense filled with speed receivers, but can't go 4 wide because we have to max protect because our o-line sucks so bad. Even our TEs can't release and get open. :(

We have a running game that hopes we never get into 3rd and one. :doh:

And let's not even talk about penalies. :doh:

So at the risk of sounding like I've played too much Madden I say...

We still go 4 wide (even though that's all the WRs we have healthy right now) and spread the field. Place JP in the shot gun so he can save 1/2 second by not dropping back, and run draws, screens, and quick slants.

That's the reason I'm not an coach. What's yours?

On offense, spread teh field and attack the interior of the Colts front7 on every down. And I mean every down. Don't throw a single pass until halftime and then only throw the post every 6-7 downs in the second half.

On defense, Cover 1 with gritzblitzes on every down until Peyton leaves on a stretcher.

On offense, spread teh field and attack the interior of the Colts front7 on every down. And I mean every down. Don't throw a single pass until halftime and then only throw the post every 6-7 downs in the second half.

On defense, Cover 1 with gritzblitzes on every down until Peyton leaves on a stretcher.

830349[/snapback]

I like it!!!! :doh:

You run the ball with A-train right at Freeney who always goes outside for his angles to the QB. You gash the left-side until Freeney stops cheating. You spread it with 1 TE on the right side for occasional rushes to the right side to help whoever is RT.

3 receivers every down with only 3 step drops for the 1st half when passing. Play quick slants and let the receivers use their quickness. Get Parrish involved with screens and slants. I would use roll-outs 20% of the time just to help out the right side of the line and develop different looks so they can't pin their ears back and smack us.

In the 2nd half you keep the same recipe with the exception I would run a few fades by Peerless to keep the safety deep and then keep gashing the left side as Freeney wants sacks during this contract year. On a 2nd and 1 you go long to Peerless to show we aren't bluffing. Even if it fails it keeps them honest.

If all else fails begin to pray.

If I had it my way, I would say you run on the first 2 downs no matter what, and only throw on 3rd and long. You dont want long passes, everything short, because the objective is to eat as much clock as possible and keep Manning off the field, theres no way we can go 4 wide and try to keep up with them.

I would run all day, the problem is we dont have anyone else behind A-Train to give him a breather. If Mcgahee was healthy I would use both of them together and run it to death, but now we dont have that luxury. Now I dont think we can run as much as we would like with only A-Train. Short passes, 3 step drops, and screens all day.

.....I would run all day, the problem is we dont have anyone else behind A-Train to give him a breather. If Mcgahee was healthy I would use both of them together and run it to death, but now we dont have that luxury. Now I dont think we can run as much as we would like with only A-Train. Short passes, 3 step drops, and screens all day.

830410[/snapback]

It's sort of typical luck for us isn't it? We go up against a team that simply cannot stop the run.....& we lose our star back. :doh:

Here's the script

Run Left

Run Left

Pass left incomplete to Lee Evans

Punt

Run Left

Run Left

Sack

Punt

Run Left

Sack

Pass Left incomplete to Evans

Punt

Sack

Coverage Sack

Run Left

Punt

Fumble

Run Left

Run Right (loss of 3 yards)

Pass complete to Roscoe Parrish for 1 yard.

Punt

Spread em wide and hammer them up the middle. Run Run Run, blow some people off the ball. On D, play press, the Colts rely on timing patterns and they throw to spots. You need to disrupt the timing of the play and get tight. A couple Rosaries and some food poisoning at the Colts hotel would also help.

Two tight ends on most plays, liberal use of a two back scheme with a blocker behind. Evans and Parrish used for the occassional deep throws. Runs (A-train better than Mcgahee for this type of game.)Screens and short passes to tight ends and backs are the meat and potatos. JP earns his paycheck with occassional bombs to Evans and Parrish, but other than that plays a small role in the game.

Two tight ends on most plays, liberal use of a two back scheme with a blocker behind.  Evans and Parrish used for the occassional deep throws. Runs (A-train better than Mcgahee for this type of game.)Screens and short passes to tight ends and backs are the meat and potatos.  JP earns his paycheck with occassional bombs to Evans and Parrish, but other than that plays a small role in the game.

830543[/snapback]

<STEVE FAIRCHILD>

SCREENS? SCREENS? SCREEEEEENS??????? What is a screen?

</STEVE FAIRCHILD>

Same as last week, No Turnovers on off. Get Turnovers on Def.

Convert on 3rd down

POUND the ball up the middle

Chase that prick peyton all over the freakin field and smack him

No stupid penalties, repeat after me, NO stupid penalties!!!!!!!!!

Tip,Pick and Strip, we need TURNOVERS!!!!!!!

Same as last week boys!!!!

Spread em wide and hammer them up the middle.  Run Run Run, blow some people off the ball.  On D, play press, the Colts rely on timing patterns and they throw to spots.  You need to disrupt the timing of the play and get tight.  A couple Rosaries and some food poisoning at the Colts hotel would also help.

830530[/snapback]

That is the truth. We have to smack these WR's on the LOS and disrupt the pattern. We cannot stand 10 yards off the WR.

Run the ball.  Milk the clock with long drives and lots of plays to keep Indy's O off the field.  If we don't score, utilize Moorman to pin them deep in their territory.

That is about all you can do.

830340[/snapback]

I agree. I'll take a guess and say that the gameplan will be run over the left every play. If they can't stop it, then maybe we score twice! This game is gonna be bad for us!

Here's the script

Run Left

Run Left

Pass left incomplete to Lee Evans

Punt

Run Left

Run Left

Sack

Punt

Run Left

Sack

Pass Left incomplete to Evans

Punt

Sack

Coverage Sack

Run Left

Punt

Fumble

Run Left

Run Right (loss of 3 yards)

Pass complete to Roscoe Parrish for 1 yard.

Punt

830440[/snapback]

Whoa Indy's D must have really gotten good. Or maybe our O is just that bad. :doh: