Where would have a new visitor sit....

Hi, a fellow teacher is getting tickets for the Steeler game and she was wondering where to sit, her two choices were the club level endzone under the scoreboard (cheaper) or in the upper level row 36 but on the fifty yd. line. I am leaning toward the endzone. It is her first trip to the Ralph and I want her to be able to see halfway decently.

Thanks!

Scoreboard EZ, or upper-deck 50? In January. As long as you plan ahead for the wind-chill factor, I'd take the upper deck.

Especially considering that I expect the scoreboard EZ to look like Heinz Field, with all the Steelers fans sitting there. That's what happened the last time they played up here. Also, factor in that those are the least expensive seats in the stadium - (relatively) cheap tix equals more money for beer. Rival fans + mass quantities of alcohol, NOT a good mixture.

And one more thing, it's almost impossible to see the scoreboard from there - you're turning around and looking almost straight up.

Just my opinion.... others may disagree completely.....

Scoreboard EZ, or upper-deck 50? In January. As long as you plan ahead for  the wind-chill factor, I'd take the upper deck.

Especially considering that I expect the scoreboard EZ to look like Heinz Field, with all the Steelers fans sitting there. That's what happened the last time they played up here. Also, factor in that those are the least expensive seats in the stadium - (relatively) cheap tix equals more money for beer. Rival fans + mass quantities of alcohol, NOT a good mixture.

And one more thing, it's almost impossible to see the scoreboard from there - you're turning around and looking almost straight up.

Just my opinion.... others may disagree completely.....

60276[/snapback]

I agree - the end zone crowd can get a bit rough - esp if there are lots of opposing fans. And not being able to see the scoreboard can be a drag.

Having said that - I think I've sat in the end zone every time but twice in 30+ years going to games - and last week I had seats in the upper deck but had the misfortune of sitting near basically a whole section of obnoxious Pats fans which served to negatively affect my game experience (to put in mildly). I think though that near the 50 yard line hopefully will be majority Bills fans. Plus I can't imagine any opposing fans being more a-holish than those Pats miscreants.

Please allow me to suggest the GM's suite. The view is excellent... actually enhanced. Rose colored glasses are handed ot as you enter the suite. And if you promise Teflon Tom some help with divine intervention, I'll bet that he'll hand you a locker room pass or two.

the endzone is where me and my friends like to sit, but of course we enjoy the drunk foul-mouthed jackasses fighting over nothing...last year at the phins game, 2 friends 3 rows down from us started fightint with each other...great stuff...

the endzone is where me and my friends like to sit, but of course we enjoy the drunk foul-mouthed jackasses fighting over nothing...last year at the phins game, 2 friends 3 rows down from us started fightint with each other...great stuff...

60355[/snapback]

Absolutly... The Endzone is for the young, stupid and drunk. Don't like it? Tough beans. Im 100% positive when I go to the game when I have a son, I won't go into the EZ with him. You pay the extra $5 a seat to sit elsewhere and not have to listen to profanity, see fighting, or smell cigarette smoke. Fair? Hell no. But life isnt. I figure I have about 5 more years of having fun in Endzone seats until the younger generation takes over. It will suck, but that's life.

60355[/snapback]

Well, yeah, if you're into that kind of stuff..... :w00t:

I believe, though, that the "friend" was referred to as 'she' in the original post. That could make a difference.... although from my seats in 109, I've seen quite a few alleged 'ladies' mixin' it up in that end zone. I just know that, personally, I'd rather go to a game to WATCH THE GAME than to break up fights started by the drunk kids right in front of me. That's why I only lasted one season in 221 (club level, tunnel EZ) before moving to sideline seats.

But hey, that's just me.....

Well, yeah, if you're into that kind of stuff..... :w00t:

I believe, though, that the "friend" was referred to as 'she' in the original post. That could make a difference.... although from my seats in 109, I've seen quite a few alleged 'ladies' mixin' it up in that end zone. I just know that, personally, I'd rather go to a game to WATCH THE GAME than to break up fights started by the drunk kids right in front of me. That's why I only lasted one season in 221 (club level, tunnel EZ) before moving to sideline seats.

But hey, that's just me.....

60378[/snapback]

hehe, ok as a caveat...i am 23 (today!, woohoo), and my friends are the same age as me...we are all recent college grads, but we still can be young drunk and stupid...so we love the game and watchin the extracurricular stuff...but like stojan said, if you want a good experience without a buncha crap, pay the extra couple of bucks for some better seats and leave the cheap ones for us young drunkards :w00t:

What about the tunnel end zone? Is that primarily Bills fans?? Section 123....

60387[/snapback]

Think that's where EZCrew and those guys are. R.Rich is over that way too. Lot more season-ticket holders on that side, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be quite as fractious as the scoreboard side.....

Think that's where EZCrew and those guys are. R.Rich is over that way too. Lot more season-ticket holders on that side, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be quite as fractious as the scoreboard side.....

60397[/snapback]

That's awesome because I actually bought two tickets from R. Rich for the St. Louis game. It's going to be my son's first game and he's stoked about it. (He's 11)