Congratulations, America.

Did I say that, you illiterate pedophile?

Read the post again.

829346[/snapback]

Just trying to pigeon hole you as a xenophobe/racist and stifling the debate.

Its in their playbook.

It also works with the immigration issue, the reparations issue, the abortion issue and pretty much any other issue.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to pigeon hole you as a xenophobe/racist and stifling the debate.

Its in their playbook.

It also works with the immigration issue, the reparations issue, the abortion issue and pretty much any other issue.

829350[/snapback]

Not really. I could care less.

The correct phrase is "I COULDN'T care less".  If you could care less, it means you do care about it!

829374[/snapback]

:D What I said was a result of me not having my coffee. Now that I had my coffee, I feel a lot more relaxed. No I really don't care what happens on this bloody continent anymore.

Stand up to them about their backward culture, their closed-minded religion, their support for jihad and their praise of terrorist murderers in Israel, the US and Sudan.

Don't tell me Canadians give a damn about any of that, they're a live and let live bunch of weaklings.

829309[/snapback]

......as opposed to a "live and kill anyone who doesn't agree with my perspective" point of view that you appear to possess?

Their "backward culture, their close-minded religion" is a product of their choices and society, not yours. America has it's own form(s) of these that you can lend your support to right here at home. With your present and past commentary as evidence, I think I would be careful about inferring "close-minded" as a negative connotation.

......as opposed to a "live and kill anyone who doesn't agree with my perspective" point of view that you appear to possess?

Their "backward culture, their close-minded religion" is a product of their choices and society, not yours. America has it's own form(s) of these that you can lend your support to right here at home. With your present and past commentary as evidence, I think I would be careful about inferring "close-minded" as a negative connotation.

829536[/snapback]

Pardon the spelling error.

Last I checked, I didn't want to force women into burkas, espouse sending kids in shopping centers with explosives strapped to them or cheer when a planeload of people crashed into a sky-scraper.

Last I checked, I believe that science is more important than religion. I believe in your right to hold asinine beliefs so long as it doesn't affect me. I believe in a lot of things that would have me HUNG in the Middle East just for thinking them.

Care to tell me again how I'm more closed-minded than the average Arab Muslim? Moron.

Pardon the spelling error.

Last I checked, I didn't want to force women into burkas, espouse sending kids in shopping centers with explosives strapped to them or cheer when a planeload of people crashed into a sky-scraper.

Last I checked, I believe that science is more important than religion. I believe in your right to hold asinine beliefs so long as it doesn't affect me. I believe in a lot of things that would have me HUNG in the Middle East just for thinking them.

Care to tell me again how I'm more closed-minded than the average Arab Muslim? Moron.

829544[/snapback]

Nooooo......I don't care to tell you "again" (which I did not in the first place, by the way) about the average Arab who follows Islam because I am not arrogant enough to assume that I can interpret their collective beliefs. Since I did not purport, explain, relate, or suggest any personal beliefs to you I am impressed in your ability to conceptualize them telepathically.

By the way, I don't think you are a moron because our views may not coincide on some issues. I could not care any less about your spelling either.

I could not care any less about your spelling either.

829585[/snapback]

Well, good.

:D

As far as my views on Arabs, I do have *some* experience living among them. It wasn't anything I'd like to do again, believe me.

"With your present and past commentary as evidence, I think I would be careful about inferring "close-minded" as a negative connotation."

And what exactly does this mean if not that you think I'm more closed-minded than the average Arab Muslim?

Well, good.

As far as my views on Arabs, I do have *some* experience living among them. It wasn't anything I'd like to do again, believe me.

829600[/snapback]

They were Saudis though, weren't they?

I'd hardly consider Saudis "average" Arab Muslims. That's almost like calling David Koresh an "average" American.

Well, good.

"With your present and past commentary as evidence, I think I would be careful about inferring "close-minded" as a negative connotation."

And what exactly does this mean if not that you think I'm more closed-minded than the average Arab Muslim?

829600[/snapback]

I think, given your rather absolute stance on any number of issues raised in the past (others might be rude enough to say "opinionated"), that yes, you might be a bit close-minded about some things.

That is not to say that I too may not be as open-minded as I probably should be about specific concerns that I feel strongly about. The close-minded perspective might have been about your Canadian views as much as the Arab-Muslim connection. On the Canadian side, I feel that I can be more confident in my views because I am well-versed in the subject area.

Saudis and Kuwaitis.

829607[/snapback]

Burkas and car bombers common in Kuwait? Seriously...(half-serious with the car bomber question).

Honestly, I'm never sure whether to defer to your opinion of Arabs because you have lived among them, or to question it as biased by the types of Arabs you lived among. My biggest concern, though, would be that you don't seem to ask that question yourself; you seem to simply assume that the Arabs you were familiar with were representative of Arabs as a whole.