• Even mix of Democrat & Republican
    • Even mix of Democrat, Republican, & Third Party
    • None of the above

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's your chance, if you have a political agenda, then post here.

828022[/snapback]

Today would have been Granny Rockpile's 108th birthday.

When she graduated from "Geneseo Normal School" in 1917 as a teacher, she could not vote. Her brothers who left school in their early teens to work the farm could not read, but they could vote.

Interesting when you think about it.

She taught in a one room schoolhouse in Springwater, NY. She was a life-long Republican Conservative.

In the 70's I used to bait her by bad-mouthing Dick Nixon.

We used to watch All In The Family together.

Granny was cool. :lol:

Rockpile

Voter #41 (7:45am)

Congression District 28

Senatorial District 55 (Screw Hillary)

NY Assembly District 132

NY Legislative District 17

But STILL an anarchist! :blink:

I voted predominately for who was the lesser schmuck. Know their positions on the issues, but don't even know their party affiliations (can infer them...sometimes. It's tougher to distinguish a Maryland Republican from a mainstream Democrat than you'd think, though.)

The only guy I voted for was Van Hollen...because even though I disagree with him on quite a few issues, he at least puts thought into his positions and doesn't just spew empty rhetoric. At the other extreme...the Cardin-Steele race. I wrote in Osama bin Laden rather than choose between those idiots.

828022[/snapback]

In races anyone would care about, I voted for Democrat Rendell for Governor. I voted for Democrat Casey (against Santorum is a more accurate description of my vote--they are both despicable).

I voted for three Republicans besides those two--all three are sacrificial lambs to the Democratic candidates.

There were only 5 positions to vote for in my district in PA. Also a state referendum.

I choose the best candidate regardless of party. If there is no best candidate, I vote for who I think will suck less. Only other thing I do when it comes to voting is to make sure that anyone who panders to the crazy religous right does not get my vote.

Very few incumbents got my votes here in Illinois.

In NYS I voted on the working famililes line for most of the candidates.  I could not vote for Hevesi or that schmuck Cuomo.  Took the Green Party line on both AG and Comptroller.

828334[/snapback]

What is the "working families line"? I work. I have a family. Just wanna know if the party I support is of the "working families line".

I choose the best candidate regardless of party. If there is no best candidate, I vote for who I think will suck less.  Only other thing I do when it comes to voting is to make sure that anyone who panders to the crazy religous right does not get my vote.

Very few incumbents got my votes here in Illinois.

828341[/snapback]

I consider myself "religious right". Which opinions of mine would classify me as "crazy" and which ones would not?

What is the "working families line"?  I work.  I have a family.  Just wanna know if the party I support is of the "working families line".

828356[/snapback]

http://workingfamiliesparty.org/

I sense the sarcasm, but you also support a DEMOCRATICally elected REPUBLIC, so it's a whole case of what's in a name and what sounds good.

To be honest, a good number of the WF endorsed candidates are Dems but I'd rather vote for the small party so they get better representation and perhaps will put forth more of their own candidates in the future. Also, there were a few races here like State Assembly where the candidate on the Demo line was someone I didn't care for and someone different was running on the WF line. These parties tend to do more in the ground level races around NYC.

828022[/snapback]

2008 Democratic National Convention Schedule

7:00 P.M. Opening flag burning.

7:15 P.M. Pledge of Allegiance to the United Nations.

7:30 PM. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

7:30 till 8:00 P.M. Nonreligious prayer and worship: Jessie Jackson

and Al

Sharpton.

8:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

8:05 P.M Ceremonial tree hugging.

8:15- 8:30 P.M. Gay Wedding: Barney Frank, presiding.

8:30 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

8:35 P.M. Free Saddam Rally: Cindy Sheehan, Susan Sarandon.

9:00 P.M. Keynote speech: "The Proper Etiquette for Surrender",

French

President Jacques Chirac.

9:15 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

9:20 P.M. Collection to benefit Osama Bin Laden Kidney Transplant

Fund.

9:30 P.M. Unveiling of plan to free freedom fighters from Guantanamo

Bay:

Sean Penn.

9:40 P.M. Why I hate the Military: A short talk by William Jefferson

Clinton.

9:45 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

9:50 P.M. Dan Rather receives "Truth in Broadcasting" award, presented

by

Michael Moore.

9:55 P.M., Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

10:00 P.M. Presentation: "How George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld brought

down

the World Trade Center Towers", by Howard Dean.

10:30 P.M. Nomination of Hillary Rodham Clinton for President by

Mahmud

Ahnadinejad.

11:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

11:05 P.M. Al Gore reinvents the Internet.

11:15 P.M. "Our Troops are War Criminals", presented by John Kerry.

11:30 P.M Coronation of Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

12:00 AM. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

12:05 A.M Bill asks Ted to drive Hillary home.

:w00t:

http://workingfamiliesparty.org/

I sense the sarcasm, but you also support a DEMOCRATICally elected REPUBLIC, so it's a whole case of what's in a name and what sounds good.

To be honest, a good number of the WF endorsed candidates are Dems but I'd rather vote for the small party so they get better representation and perhaps will put forth more of their own candidates in the future.  Also, there were a few races here like State Assembly where the candidate on the Demo line was someone I didn't care for and someone different was running on the WF line.  These parties tend to do more in the ground level races around NYC.

828369[/snapback]

I didn't know "Working Families" was an actual party. I thought you were implying that either the Democrat party you voted for was the "working families party" or, like in my case :-), the Republican party is the "working families party".