Garbage Plate Recipe

TSNBDSC

... how does one make a garbage plate ? ... a coworker would like to make it for her boyfriend who recently moved from Rha Cha Cha ... tom

827588[/snapback]

Here is the recipe for the hot sauce:

1 - medium onion, chopped

1 - clove garlic, minced

1 - tbsp. oil

1 - lb. triple-ground beef

1 - cup H2O

1 - can tomato paste

1/2 - tbsp. brown sugar

1 - tsp. ground black pepper

3/4 - tsp. cayenne pepper

1 - tsp. chili powder

1 1/2 - tsp. paprika

1/2 - tsp. ground cumin

1/2 - tsp. allspice

1/4 - tsp. cinnamon

1/2 - tsp. powdered cloves

1 - tsp. salt

Cook the garlic and onion in olive oil 1st. Then brown the ground beef. Very important to triple grind the beef. If you don't have a grinder, have your butcher do it. Then add rest of spcies and paste and water.

It doesn't taste exactly like Tahou's hot sauce, but it is pretty close.

Nothing close to this exists in the south. The result is that drunk people wander around all over the city after closing time, vaguely searching for something to satisfy their sloppy-drunk hunger and not knowing even what that would be. It's like a bad zombie movie.

I have made homemade garbage plates that are very satisfying. I tend to cheese them up a little. Also, leftover chili works great as a substitute for the hot sauce.

You can't just go and start throwing stuff on a plate. Making a GP is an art no to be taken lightly.

827959[/snapback]

I would keep that one to yourselves. I understand the circumstances under which this "meal" is eaten (extrememly drunk) but we don't need more fuel for the WNY jokes.