Terrance Pennington

Commander

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he sucked. I only saw highlights, but seemed like EVERY highlight where we were on offense, the right side of the line was collapsing like a Bledsoe in the fourth quarter.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he sucked. I only saw highlights, but seemed like EVERY highlight where we were on offense, the right side of the line was collapsing like a Bledsoe in the fourth quarter.

825878[/snapback]

Not all that can be placed on TP. CV wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination. Let's try to keep in perspective it was his first game and he's a rookie.

Not all that can be placed on TP. CV wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination.  Let's try to keep in perspective it was  his first game and he's a rookie.

825886[/snapback]

I figured as much, that's why I said "right side of the line" <_<

Let's try to keep in perspective it was  his first game and he's a rookie.

825886[/snapback]

... and he was going against one of the better pass rushers this season. It was a huge test for a rookie. I'd say he has a long way to go, but it wasn't a total wash.

Stop yelling at me AJ.  I was only trying to relay what I saw.  I can't post under these hostile conditions/treatment you constantly throw at me.

825897[/snapback]

<_<

After seeing the game today, the Bills move to start Pennington shows me three things:

1) They want an awesome left side to protect JP's blind side (which I think they have with Gandy and Peters)

2) And they're going to run all day to that good left side (which worked great, except when the Packers loaded up agqainst the left)

3) Pennington will get all the help he can and he's a temporary "solution" until they get someone in FA or the draft to play RT. In the meantime, Pennington will get good PT--something that will be valuable to him as a career back-up.

I was at the game and I made a point of watching him for a few series.

For being a rookie playing his first game I thought he did well. He got beat a couple of times but for the most part, I thought he held his own.

He's a huge man but he's not fat. He has tree trunks for arms.

After seeing the game today, the Bills move to start Pennington shows me three things:

1) They want an awesome left side to protect JP's blind side (which I think they have with Gandy and Peters)

2) And they're going to run all day to that good left side (which worked great, except when the Packers loaded up agqainst the left)

3) Pennington will get all the help he can and he's a temporary "solution" until they get someone in FA or the draft to play RT. In the meantime, Pennington will get good PT--something that will be valuable to him as a career back-up.

The "career backup" thing is WAY premature. Kampmann has made "better" RT's look silly. He's notched a half-sack or better in every game except for the Detroit (who beat Atlantla today, BTW) game.

I was at the game and I made a point of watching him for a few series.

For being a rookie playing his first game I thought he did well. He got beat a couple of times but for the most part, I thought he held his own.

He's a huge man but he's not fat. He has tree trunks for arms.

825927[/snapback]

Thanks...appreciate the feedback.

The "career backup" thing is WAY premature.  Kampmann has made "better" RT's look silly.  He's notched a half-sack or better in every game except for the Detroit (who beat Atlantla today, BTW) game.

825971[/snapback]

you're right. He could turn into a steal and a starter. My gut is that the team doesn't consider him a long-term answer at RT--but I could be wrong.

you're right. He could turn into a steal and a starter. My gut is that the team doesn't consider him a long-term answer at RT--but I could be wrong.

I don't know. I think the moves made last week were because they thought Pennington had something. I mean, better to keep the line the way it was and replaced just Reyes, instead of moving 2 guys and starting a guy who isn't considered a long-term answer at RT.

Probably a band-aid at RT. Someone had to play there with how the line was shuffled but who knows, he could end up there for a while for all we know. I thought he started out pretty rough but settled down OK. We ran to the left like 90% of the time today though, a whole new right side may have to happen. I'd really like Reyes to get a chance at RG before the season is over though. I really wouldn't mind us trying to sign L. Davis to play RT or G for us if we can't land Steinbach as well.

I'm the one who posted about Butler playing RT. He was definitely in the game, although I'm pretty sure I saw Pennington in the game at the same time. I don't know where Pennington was playing, though. My initial thought was, we have an extra O-lineman in there instead of maybe an extra tight end, but who knows.

I'm the one who posted about Butler playing RT. He was definitely in the game, although I'm pretty sure I saw Pennington in the game at the same time. I don't know where Pennington was playing, though. My initial thought was, we have an extra O-lineman in there instead of maybe an extra tight end, but who knows.

I recall what you said about Butler playing RT, because someone said that Pennington was playing LT late in the game.

826182[/snapback]

I saw Pennington at LT late in the game, too. I was not sure if he was an "extra" OL, but then I did not see Peters in those final few plays.