Speaking of offensive lines......

JStranger76

And for the last 10 years it's been, "Ooooooh! Wide receivers! Safties! Offensive styles that don't suit our personnel or climate!.... Shiny!"

Marv had better hope this position-shift works and ADDRESS THE LINES this offseason or the "Angry Crowd" who posts here will be forming outside his office.

It's all the QB.  No, wait a minute.

824880[/snapback]

Well it kinda is. Look at Bledsoe, he can make any good o line look like sh--. Your QB has to release the ball quick. Tony Homo made the Dallas o line look like all pro's. Can you explain that to me?

with that unit. Both ROOKIE guards are playing well and Scott Wells the young center has come into his own as well. Just goes to show, ours is not a hopeless situation, you just have to be willing to do something about it.

824862[/snapback]

If we had any rookies who could play, I might feel some optimism.

Well it kinda is. Look at Bledsoe, he can make any good o line look like sh--. Your QB has to release the ball quick. Tony Homo made the Dallas o line look like all pro's. Can you explain that to me?

824886[/snapback]

Give it a month or two. Romo is a new QB that most teams have very little information on. If he plays well once defenses have had time to adjust to him, he might just be a good QB. He could also end up looking just as bad, if not worse than Bledsoe.

Well it kinda is.

Not really. It's still the same Favre who most lambasted for not retiring prior to the start of the season, and who many thought should have retired 2 years ago.

And I agree on Romo. Let's see how he fares after teams get some game film on him, AND when the opposing team doesn't self-destruct like Carolina did. That being said, Bledsoe could beat the Skins today like he did earlier in the season, so I expect the Cowboys to win today.

Marv had better hope this position-shift works and ADDRESS THE LINES this offseason or the "Angry Crowd" who posts here will be forming outside his office.

824876[/snapback]

If this position-shift works, why would we still need to address the lines? Perhaps for depth? It seems to me that if this O-line shuffle works then the line would become less of a concern.

the next few weeks will really be interesting watching the O-Line. If Peters and Pennington can play tackle it totally changes what we do on Day 1 of the draft. Still need a first day guard I think, but we can more easily go elsewhere in the first round. I'm excited to see what happens.

If this position-shift works, why would we still need to address the lines?  Perhaps for depth?  It seems to me that if this O-line shuffle works then the line would become less of a concern.

Ideally Peters and Pennington become fixtures at the tackle spots. But the Bills will still need a new interior because Gandy is likely gone, Villarrial is on his last legs, and Fowler isn't the top-notch center you're looking for. Maybe one or two of the younger guys can fill those voids, but we won't know until they play.

Ideally Peters and Pennington become fixtures at the tackle spots.  But the Bills will still need a new interior because Gandy is likely gone, Villarrial is on his last legs, and Fowler isn't the top-notch center you're looking for.  Maybe one or two of the younger guys can fill those voids, but we won't know until they play.

824944[/snapback]

Upon contemplation, I'd have to agree.

Right on. If the new tackle moves work out, I'd be satisfied with a day one pick at guard or Steinbach or Davis brought in to play guard. It's hard to find a really good center but I think we can get by with Fowler anyways. With that said, if a very highly rated OT falls to us, you still take him.

It has not been easy. The rookies are still learning.

The Packers 2nd rounder has played LG and LT.

Their 3rd rounder Spitz ws RG, LG, and back to RG.

Moll the 5th rounder was back up played RG and is a backup.

The older guys have played worse as they have to forget years of learning and go with this zone blocking scheme.

The key for the Bills guys will be how many mistakes they make until they learn. A guy pulls a move or a team does a unique stunt they may get burned but not later. Photos on the bench with a coach helping and film work during the week are important.