And now....another "Macaca Moment"

You are actually going to argue the fact that the majority of disruptive protests are left wing?  Even you can't be that dellusional.

823746[/snapback]

:devil: I don't know who does the majority of disruptive protests - I haven't seen anything on the topic except for anecdotal evidence.

What I do know is that I have seen it happen on both sides of the political isle, whether or not you'd like to believe that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?  Because you say so? 

I think most people with more than three working brain cells are smart enough to disregard anything that happens when some lunatic crashes a campaign event.  Obviously.

823747[/snapback]

Not because I said so but because the story was NATIONAL NEWS that can't help Allen one bit given his fiasco of a campaign to start with.

:devil: I don't know who does the majority of disruptive protests - I haven't seen anything on the topic except for anecdotal evidence.

What I do know is that I have seen it happen on both sides of the political isle, whether or not you'd like to believe that.

823752[/snapback]

I stand corrected, you could be that dellusional!

Not because I said so but because the story was NATIONAL NEWS that can't help Allen one bit given his fiasco of a campaign to start with.

823753[/snapback]

But it was still just some dork trying to cause trouble. Allen didn't actually do anything wrong.

This thing should have about the same effect as if Allen's lunch was reported on the national news. No one cares.

But it was still just some dork trying to cause trouble.  Allen didn't actually do anything wrong.

This thing should have about the same effect as if Allen's lunch was reported on the national news.  No one cares.

823779[/snapback]

That's where I beg to differ. Did you read the link I posted from the National Review Online by Byron York? One can infer from these passages that one conservative columnist seems to care:

"That’s where Mike Stark came in. His bit of theater with Allen in Charlottesville got wide coverage. And in today’s Washington Post, sure enough, Stark succeeded in getting the spitting rumor into print. “W. Michael Stark, who identified himself in an e-mail after the incident as a University of Virginia law student, yelled a question at Allen about whether he had ever spit on his first wife, an unsubstantiated charge that has been circulating on liberal blogs on the Internet,” the paper reported."

...and

"Mission accomplished. The spitting story is now officially in circulation. The incident shows what a dedicated activist — no longer a prankster — can do, with a little brazenness and a willing press. Stark is delighted, as are his supporters at the DailyKos. No doubt they’ll give him more money, if he asks for it. And why not? With a good plan, and his friends at the DailyKos, there’s no telling what he can accomplish"

Obviously you don't write those kinds of things, especially from the right, if this is-as has been referred to here-a "non-story".

It effectively ends Allen's career. I realize that's a prediction but I sure don't see it not having an impact.

bull sh--. It was a Dean (I said Kerry...sorry) rally and a Larouche supporter started pelting Kerry with questions. Franken FLEW towards him from a mile away and began to assault him.

http://www.debatebothsides.com/archive/index.php/t-369.html

823502[/snapback]

I'm calling BS on your link and a biased account of the story. The link you referenced shows how the NY Post reporter Vincent Morris reported the story. Vincent Morris and the Post twice had to post corrections to stories they wrote slamming Franken.

The account I read can from the local NH newspaper who actually had reporters at the event - I tend to believe that account a bit more as 1) They don't have an anti-Franken bias and 2) Were actually at the event.

Manchester Newspaper Account

I guess it all boils down to whose account of the incident you read, but I'll take the local guy without the biased political agenda.

Actually folks, this guy is lucky it was supporters that took him down. He got close enough that I'm surprised the secret service didn't shoot his ass, he was very lucky. Forget the fact that there is an election, Allen is currently a sitting Senator, and should be protected from the lunatic fringe. Why should this guy allowed to be aggressive, shouting things within arms reach of a Senator? He shouldn't and the only issue shouldn't be with whether he was tackled but the fact of the matter is the Secret Service f'ed up and should have been the ines jumping the guy. I'm not a fan of Allen, being a VA resident, I have not liked him. But he didn't mess up here.

Right. Allen has done no mud slinging whatsoever.  If there is an ahole here, it's you because you're too effin' stupid to be anything other partisan wanker.

823698[/snapback]

Why not yell at him about things that matter to the campaign, like something about his views that might be repugnant to you, not something about the guy's divorce 22 FRIGGIN YEARS AGO.

Typical dem tactics- Personal attacks, don't talk about the issues.

Actually folks, this guy is lucky it was supporters that took him down.  He got close enough that I'm surprised the secret service didn't shoot his ass, he was very lucky.  Forget the fact that there is an election, Allen is currently a sitting Senator, and should be protected from the lunatic fringe.  Why should this guy allowed to be aggressive, shouting things within arms reach of a Senator?  He shouldn't and the only issue shouldn't be with whether he was tackled but the fact of the matter is the Secret Service f'ed up and should have been the ines jumping the guy.  I'm not a fan of Allen, being a VA resident, I have not liked him.  But he didn't mess up here.

823811[/snapback]

Blaming the Secret Service.

I hadn't thought about that angle.

Why not yell at him about things that matter to the campaign, like something about his views that might be repugnant to you, not  something about the guy's divorce 22 FRIGGIN YEARS AGO.

823829[/snapback]

Dem tactics?!

:devil:

This is typical politics.

Blaming the Secret Service.

I hadn't thought about that angle.

823834[/snapback]

What angle? I'm not voting for either of these idiots. But in this case an aggressive individual charging towards Allen, who is a sitting Senator should have been better protected.

I'm a bit surprised that the progressives are not touting more that the protester is and ex-marine. 

I would think that angle would help the progressives in the "stick it to 'em-ness" that sadly all politics has morphed into.

823877[/snapback]

Is he an ex or a former Marine. If a former, then yeah, but if an ex, he got booted and wasn't a good Marine.

Why not yell at him about things that matter to the campaign, like something about his views that might be repugnant to you, not  something about the guy's divorce 22 FRIGGIN YEARS AGO.

823829[/snapback]

I'm gonna remember this post the next time that you call Clinton a "draft dodging hillbilly whorehopper". :devil:

I realize this is the ultimate Internet debate loser, but...

I'm surprised that the lefties haven't made note that these kind of tactics were employed by the Nazis in the 20s and 30s. They used to basically kick down the doors at opponent rallies and hurl obscenities and accusations at their opposition. Looks like the Left isn't as far left as some would like.

And don't get me started on Kos. That guy's a tool.

I realize this is the ultimate Internet debate loser, but...

I'm surprised that the lefties haven't made note that these kind of tactics were employed by the Nazis in the 20s and 30s. They used to basically kick down the doors at opponent rallies and hurl obscenities and accusations at their opposition. Looks like the Left isn't as far left as some would like.

And don't get me started on Kos. That guy's a tool.

823945[/snapback]

What doors were kicked down? Who hurled "obscenities" and what accusation was ever made?

Nazis....thats real cute.

What doors were kicked down? Who hurled "obscenities" and what accusation was ever made?

Nazis....thats real cute.

823954[/snapback]

He made the accusation that Allen spit on a woman.

An unfounded rumor now has entered the debate.

It's the truth, look it up. The Nazis weren't civilized campaigners, and it appears the Democrats aren't either.

He made the accusation that Allen spit on a woman.

An unfounded rumor now has entered the debate.

It's the truth, look it up. The Nazis weren't civilized campaigners, and it appears the Democrats aren't either.

823958[/snapback]

He didn't accuse Allen of it....he simply asked Allen if it were true, a major difference.

The Mighty Macaca could have answered the question, simply said "no comment", or maybe even said to his handlers "Hey! Put that man down! He's one of my constituients".

Instead Allen had a severed deer's head caught in the headlights look and ran away as quickly as possible...just like his handlers probably coached him to this whole last month.

He didn't accuse Allen of it....he simply asked Allen if it were true, a major difference.

823962[/snapback]

He wasn't saying Allen did it, he was simply asking it. Is your mother a whore? I'm not saying she's a whore, I'm simply asking it.

<3 Jon Stewart