West Virginia at Louisville tonight

smokinandjokin

This should be a terrific game tonight.  I'm looking forward to seeing these teams go head to head.  Shame they both can't go undefeated and really mess up the BCS standings.

823110[/snapback]

Isn't it crazy that this is the #3 and #5 teams in the country playing tonight? Can you imagine if it was Florida-LSU or Michigan-Penn St. how crazy people would be for this game? The Big East still has that 'little brother' stigma.

I love that there are two undefeated Big East teams dueling for a place in the BCS title game, while the ACC is nowhere to be found on the national scene.

Regardless of who wins tonight, I'm calling that WVU gets a loss on Nov. 11 at home vs. Cincinnati.  I've seen em play a few times, and I feel like they've got enough fight in them to give one of the big boys a run.  We'll see...

823180[/snapback]

I've seen Cincy a few times on TV, they are definitely respectable. I don't think they'll beat WVU, but IBTG81 laughed at me when I told him I thought Rutgers would lose to UC. Time will tell....

I love that there are two undefeated Big East teams dueling for a place in the BCS title game, while the ACC is nowhere to be found on the national scene.

823154[/snapback]

!@#$ YEAH!

Anybody wanna say Big (L)east NOW?!?!? Huh? HUH?!!

Didn't think so.

:D:w00t:

May Miami and BC's administrators' armpits and pubic areas be infested by the fleas of a thousand camels!

and by most you mean one in particular :lol:

823580[/snapback]

I'd take Texas, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Arkansas, Cal and USC (if they were playing well) over any of the BE teams.

:D

Texas couldn't beat the top 3 teams in the BE.

823589[/snapback]

You're actually claiming that Rutgers would beat Texas?

:w00t::w00t::D:D:lol:

I'd take Texas, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Arkansas, Cal and USC (if they were playing well) over any of the BE teams.

You're actually claiming that Rutgers would beat Texas?

:D  :w00t:  :w00t:  :D  :D

823601[/snapback]

You're delusional if you think they can't get beat by the BE.

I'm glad your reading comprehension is still there. :lol:

RU would beat Texas.

Neither of these teams deserve to be ahead of most of the 1-loss teams out there.

823511[/snapback]

I think either one could put points up on most teams, Ohio State and Florida included. However, they wouldn't put 35 points on those teams, I'd say more around 24. But neither L'ville's nor WVU's defenses would be able to stop anybody in the top-10. A title game with L'ville in it would end with the Cards on the wrong side of a 45-24 score.

You're delusional if you think they can't get beat by the BE.

I'm glad your reading comprehension is still there.  :w00t:

RU would beat Texas.

823638[/snapback]

I'm delusional? :D

You're being a complete homer, claiming that a #15 team who hasn't played anyone would beat Texas, and you're calling me delusional?

Okay, BF....

I think either one could put points up on most teams, Ohio State and Florida included.  However, they wouldn't put 35 points on those teams, I'd say more around 24.  But neither L'ville's nor WVU's defenses would be able to stop anybody in the top-10.  A title game with L'ville in it would end with the Cards on the wrong side of a 45-24 score.

823665[/snapback]

Agreed, the defenses looked bad, it was my big reason for saying that. Either team would put up some points, but I don't think that they could keep up with any team in the top 10.

Great game...I thought before the season that UL would take care of WVU, but after they lost Michael Bush, I didn't see it happening.

I agree with a lot of the sentiments in this thread though, UL would struggle more against many of the 1-loss teams in the nation. I wouldn't mind seeing ND play them and match our offenses together.

And Jesus, Ed....you are becoming more and more like BF everyday. If you want to provoke people by saying stupid sh--, then do it on one of the other boards. Thankfully, this forum seems to have avoided most of the mouthbreathers that grace us on the main wall. I think it might be our "No Drooling" sign that keeps them away.

Now if you aren't trying to provoke, and you actually believe that RU would beat the likes of Texas, then I can't help you... :devil:

Now if you aren't trying to provoke, and you actually believe that RU would beat the likes of Texas, then I can't help you... :w00t:

824084[/snapback]

Hey, I haven't been wrong with RU yet!

Can you tell my why they couldn't beat Texas? the only teams that could beat RU are OSU and Michigan.

Their defense is amazing. you can't pass on them, and until this past week, you can't run on them. Navy put up 100 yards rushing against them. Navy put up that much against ND in the first quarter.

Can you tell my why they couldn't beat Texas?

824453[/snapback]

They could beat Texas...it is possible. Just incredibly unlikely. My opinion is based on the fact that they haven't beaten anyone worth a sht yet and I believe teams that Texas plays would have already beaten them (OU and Nebraska).

the only teams that could beat RU are OSU and Michigan.

824453[/snapback]

:w00t::huh:B-):D You can't possibly believe that...

Navy put up 100 yards rushing against them. Navy put up that much against ND in the first quarter.

824453[/snapback]

Where do I start? Do you think this makes Rutgers better than ND? Try this on:

-ND scored on their first six possessions and didnt punt the entire game...Rutgers? Punt, Punt, Fumble, FG, Punt, TD. If you can't score against Navy, try a team with a real defense.

Look, I'd be excited too. 2002 ND started 7-0 and beat Michigan in that stretch. After that we lost 3 of our next 5 including two blowouts. Rutgers hasn't proved themselves yet...but they have plenty of upcoming chances.

They could beat Texas...it is possible.  Just incredibly unlikely.  My opinion is based on the fact that they haven't beaten anyone worth a sht yet and I believe teams that Texas plays would have already beaten them (OU and Nebraska).

:huh:  B-)  :D  :P You can't possibly believe that...

Where do I start?  Do you think this makes Rutgers better than ND?  Try this on:

-ND scored on their first six possessions and didnt punt the entire game...Rutgers?  Punt, Punt, Fumble, FG, Punt, TD.  If you can't score against Navy, try a team with a real defense.

Look, I'd be excited too.  2002 ND started 7-0 and beat Michigan in that stretch.  After that we lost 3 of our next 5 including two blowouts.  Rutgers hasn't proved themselves yet...but they have plenty of upcoming chances.

824509[/snapback]

The won 34-0. They gave up 0 points. 0.

And you're right, they will prove themselves. Just like ND has beaten anybody. :w00t:

Hey, I haven't been wrong with RU yet!

Can you tell my why they couldn't beat Texas? the only teams that could beat RU are OSU and Michigan.

Their defense is amazing. you can't pass on them, and until this past week, you can't run on them. Navy put up 100 yards rushing against them. Navy put up that much against ND in the first quarter.

824453[/snapback]

Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, LSU, Cal, Auburn, ND, Texas (among others) would all beat Rutgers by two touchdowns, at least.

Evidence #1 that Rutgers sucks: Their dillusional fans are bragging about a win over Navy like it signifies their arrival at the big time. Can't wait to hear the excuses when they lose to Cincinnati...

Ed, there is no point with you.  You have become a BF-type homer.  Which is a shame because pratically everyone else here likes to talk real college football.

824996[/snapback]

A homer?

If you look at my previous posts, I said I thoughr RU would have a tough time with both Pitt and Navy. They dominated both.

ND has beaten as many "good" teams as RU has.

Maybe Schiano should start whining to the media because we're not ranked high enough. ;):)

Evidence #1 that Rutgers sucks: Their dillusional fans are bragging about a win over Navy like it signifies their arrival at the big time.  Can't wait to hear the excuses when they lose to Cincinnati...

824612[/snapback]

I work for the University, and haven't heard anyone bragging over winning at Navy. Give me a break.

Care to put a wager on the Cinci game?

Way to be up to date on things...   <_<

ND also beat 2 Big Ten teams with winning records.

825780[/snapback]

Isn't Wake Forest in First? Maybe I can say Rutgers in first in the BE if you only count NJ teams. <_<

ND also almost lost to a HORRIBLE MS team that should have beat them.

RU would beat ND on a neutral field, and I say that as a ND fan.

PS. Hope you didn't hurt yourself against MS the powerhouse we call UCLA, and Stanford. :devil:

Isn't Wake Forest in First?

Maybe in their division, but GT has the best conference record.

ND also almost lost to a HORRIBLE MS team that should have beat them.

But they didn't lose to MSU. And btw, would this be the same HORRIBLE team that beat Pitt by MORE than Rutgers did? <_<

RU would beat ND on a neutral field, and I say that as a ND fan.

825784[/snapback]

<_<:devil::lol:

But they didn't lose to MSU.  And btw, would this be the same HORRIBLE team that beat Pitt by MORE than Rutgers did? 

825790[/snapback]

If you want to go that route Sparky, we allowed zip against Navy and only 16 against NC, before all of the turmoil there.

ND has the better offense, RU has the far superior defense. What wins again? <_<

If you want to go that route Sparky, we allowed zip against Navy and only 16 against NC, before all of the turmoil there.

ND has the better offense, RU has the far superior defense. What wins again?  <_<

825796[/snapback]

Actually "Sparky" you already started with that route. I'm merely pointing out that the most impressive team on Rutgers' schedule thus far was pounded by a team YOU characterize as horrible.

Feel free to get back to your original premise at anytime by listing all the quality wins for Rutgers.

A homer?

If you look at my previous posts, I said I thoughr RU would have a tough time with both Pitt and Navy. They dominated both.

825246[/snapback]

Yes and since Rutgers has taken down those two juggernauts, you now believe:

"the only teams that could beat RU are OSU and Michigan."

Homer? nooooo...

Rutgers could really give Louisville a scare this week.

And what happens if the Scarlet Knights actually pull off the biggest win in their history?

For starters, suddenly WVU is back in it. And Rutgers could go as high as eighth in the polls. But, even if the Knights run the table, it probably isn't enough for a shot at the Buckeyes...

who would absolute annihilate the Jersey Boys...Sorry Ed. :flirt:

Rutgers could really give Louisville a scare this week.

And what happens if the Scarlet Knights actually pull off the biggest win in their history?

For starters, suddenly WVU is back in it.  And Rutgers could go as high as eighth in the polls.  But, even if the Knights run the table, it probably isn't enough for a shot at the Buckeyes...

who would absolute annihilate the Jersey Boys...Sorry Ed.  :flirt:

827523[/snapback]

Unless there is a monsoon, or an act from a higher being, yes, OSU would probably annihilate RU.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.