I Fear That Right Around The Corner

WOW....I'm constantly amazed at the level of brilliant player analysis on this board.  So many of you seem to know exactly how a player will develop.  :P

That being said.....you say "I don't see".....do you aknowledge that many, many times before, the perception of players, particularly QBs, has beed similar yet many players have defied the predictions to have great NFL careers?

If so, refer to post #33......if not, & you are absolutely certain of JPs demise(odds are in your favour).....I'll remember to believe everything you type in future on your talent assessments of players.  I mean, if you are so certain, & I am not, you must be correct. :lol:

822558[/snapback]

Isn't it amazing how much knowledge there is on this board? I mean for every assclown like me who question's JP there are others who say he's going to develop into a good starting QB. And they obviously know alot more than me because they don't get flamed :P

Truth is neither you nor I know how JP will develop. Just one man's opinion, but from what JPs shown so far it doesn't look like he has a future

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it amazing how much knowledge there is on this board?  I mean for every assclown like me who question's JP there are others who say he's going to develop into a good starting QB. And they obviously know alot more than me because they don't get flamed :P

Truth is neither you nor I know how JP will develop.  Just one man's opinion, but from what JPs shown so far it doesn't look like he has a future

822571[/snapback]

There is virtually nobody who is stating that JP will develop into a good starting QB. There are heaps who are saying he won't make it. There are many that are saying...."let's give him enough time & see"

My point is.....since none of us 'know'......and there have been many, many QBs to look as bad yet still develop into top QBs......and since we know the chance of finding a top QB in the draft are very slim.....and we know we'd probably have to give the new guy 3 years(at least) before we give up on him.....to prematurely give up on JP(even though he doesn't look any good) at this point has faaaar more chance of seeing us miss the playoffs for years to come than actually being patient & seeing how he 'will' turn out for another season....hell, even the rest of this one without calling for his replacement.

Edited by Dibs

There is virtually nobody who is stating that JP will develop into a good starting QB.  There are heaps who are saying he won't make it.  There are many that are saying...."let's give him enough time & see"

My point is.....since none of us 'know'......and there have been many, many QBs to look as bad yet still develop into top QBs......and since we know the chance of finding a top QB in the draft are very slim.....and we know we'd probably have to give the new guy 3 years(at least) before we give up on him.....to prematurely give up on JP(even though he doesn't look any good) at this point has faaaar more chance of seeing us miss the playoffs for years to come than actually being patient & seeing how he 'will' turn out for another season....hell, even the rest of this one without calling for his replacement.

822577[/snapback]

Hell! Why not give him the next 5 seasons? Since there is no chance of drafting or signing a quality QB in that time?

There is virtually nobody who is stating that JP will develop into a good starting QB.

Come on! That says it all. "he's not going to be good so let's give him a chance anyway".

WTF is that.

Hell! Why not give him the next 5 seasons? Since there is no chance of drafting or signing a quality QB in that time?

There is virtually nobody who is stating that JP will develop into a good starting QB.

Come on! That says it all. "he's not going to be good so let's give him a chance anyway".

WTF is that.

822611[/snapback]

HUH???? :P:P

Honestly.....do you do this on purpose to try & get reactions or do you simply not see things clearly?

To put it simply for you.......

Saying that one is unsure if he will develop into a good(or bad) starting QB is NOT the same as stating that he isn't going to be a good starting QB.

:lol: I just realized that I was typing that reeeeaaaally slowly as if I was talking to someone who has trouble comprehending things.

I'm giving him one last shot.  4 games.  If I don't see any improvement, I say we should give Nall a chance.

822673[/snapback]

I'm really loving this idea of fans "giving him that last shot," as if it's theirs to give. There's a coaching staff in place here that makes those decisions.

I'm pretty certain you people would have run Jim Kelly out of town if there had been an internet in 1986.

Therein lies the problem.  Suppose the rest of the season continues as is for JP. Are we to, again, give him a mulligan?  Are we going to say "Get some good linemen and give JP 16 games with them in 07 and see what he does before you judge him"?  What if the linemen don't develop quickly enough?  Do we wait 'till 08?  When do we stop evaluating a player on a team with flaws?

822548[/snapback]

Well there is a concept! Lets fix the OL! If the shake up doesnt fix it, we can use the next draft and FA. While we are at it, we can fix the DL too! Once the lines are fixed.......the next year.......We should be play off bound in no time, we will just have to sign a QB. I mean the QB position is the easiest to fill. So the way I see it we should be SB contenders in two years......with a one year wonder.

Doh, LIKE GET REAL. Jauron even says there is no Magical time line.....and you cant count last year because of all is different in schemes, coaching, and ect. Last I checked, he has final say. Give JP some time, at least one full season. Dont give up be for the miricale happens :P

I don't care how badly JP plays.

He has to take every single snap of every single game this season.

Hopefully, at some point the light will go on.

822130[/snapback]

I agree. He is our only hope for the moment and he has to get every opportunity to succeed. I still dont think he's had enough time. If he isnt showing any promise by the end of the season, I'll be officially worried and will be hoping that the Bills are seriously considering going in different direction with the qb spot. That said, there is good news for JP. Packers are dead last in pass defense and 3rd from the bottom in total D. I would think he should be able to put up some numbers. I would think? :angry:

Isn't it amazing how much knowledge there is on this board?  I mean for every assclown like me who question's JP there are others who say he's going to develop into a good starting QB.  And they obviously know alot more than me because they don't get flamed :angry:

Truth is neither you nor I know how JP will develop.  Just one man's opinion, but from what JPs shown so far it doesn't look like he has a future

822571[/snapback]

Exactly - God forbid that someone does not actually get jumped on for not liking Losman. Why is it such a horrible thing to not like anything you see in a player beacause as far as Losman goes, there is NOTHING I like - NOTHING. Decision making, accuracy, leadership, knowledge of Defenses - this is the QB we are talking about!!

All of these people who are saying that Manning and Palmer and others needed time don't realize that although those guys lost a lot of games in the beginning, they showed signs of brilliance as well. You could see something special in them whether it be any of the above attributes that Losman DOES NOT have thus far.

Exactly - God forbid that someone  does not actually get jumped on for not liking Losman. Why is it such a horrible thing to not like anything you see in a player beacause as far as Losman goes, there is NOTHING I like - NOTHING. Decision making, accuracy, leadership, knowledge of Defenses - this is the QB we are talking about!!

822822[/snapback]

You're not getting jumped on for not liking Losman. You're getting jumped on for saying that you will root against him. That's the hallmark of a bad fan, someone who wants more to be right than for his team to win.

Memo to all of the apparently blind people who claim to not see progress in JP:

Take last years body of work and compare it to this year. Now we're as close as we can get to comparing "apples to apples". Mind you, this is not to say he is the second coming of Kelly yet...

Last year-

Jumpy in the pocket and left early

This year-

Shows a knack for stepping up into the pocket and keeping his eyes down field.

Last year-

Locked onto one receiver on nearly every play

This year-

Usually appears to scan the field well but reverts to the old "lock on" habbit from time to time, especially when flustered.

Last Year- Serious accuracy issues due to poor footwork, throwing off his back foot and getting into his drop too quickly resulting in sub 50% completions.

This year- More methodical in his drops and better footwork have led to a plus 60% completion rate.

I'm sure there are some attributes I am forgetting, but these points clearly display that progress has been made.

You're not getting jumped on for not liking Losman.  You're getting jumped on for saying that you will root against him.  That's the hallmark of a bad fan, someone who wants more to be right than for his team to win.

822842[/snapback]

My whole point is that I (my opionion) don't think that Losman is ever going to get "it" and the last thing I want is for this question mark to go into 2007 as well. I would like to see if Nall even has a shot at accomplishing something. THere has to be a reason why Marv liked him enough to pay him pretty good $$.

I use the term "routing for" very loosely as the last thing I want is for Losman to have a mediocre game then bad game thus making the leash that much longer. I want Nall in there for the last 4 games if Losman shows zero improvement. In my opinion, Losman does not represent who I want to lead this team. Obviously it's not my decision and I am pulling for Nall at this point. Would I like to see Losman explode on the scene for the last 9 games? Yes, But I don't see that happening at all.

Exactly - God forbid that someone  does not actually get jumped on for not liking Losman. Why is it such a horrible thing to not like anything you see in a player beacause as far as Losman goes, there is NOTHING I like - NOTHING. Decision making, accuracy, leadership, knowledge of Defenses - this is the QB we are talking about!!

All of these people who are saying that Manning and Palmer and others needed time don't realize that although those guys lost a lot of games in the beginning, they showed signs of brilliance as well. You could see something special in them whether it be any of the above attributes that Losman DOES NOT have thus far.

822822[/snapback]

Let me tell you why: most of us get up on Sunday with even a slight bit of optimism about our team and the game. Most of us don't expect to win much this year, but look forward to the experience and, in some cases, look forward to critiquing and discussing what was right and what was wrong. Plus, most of us also know we play nine more games this year, and most of us realize we'll only win maybe three more games at best.

Unfortunately, this means most of us will come here to read threads like this over and over and over and over because when you say the same thing over and over and over like you do, it gets tiring, and it sucks the life out of any bit of fun most of us get out of this game.

Look. We get it. You think changing the quarterback is the answer, and no matter what happens from game to game, you'll keep coming back day after day to say the same goddamn thing. During a down year like this, posters like you are a dime a dozen. You post how miserable you are, and how you know all the answers to the universe if only you had the keys to the kingdom one day. And for most of us, it makes coming here to discuss and critique the rest of the game completely unbearable.

Yeah. I know. Ignore it if you don't like it. But truth be known, if I put everyone like you on ignore, the board would go away. In fact, that's happening here anyway. There used to be a bunch of extremely smart football people on this board who truly understood the game and would post regular critiques and evaluations. They're not here any more and that's really too bad because when a thread like this stays alive all week, you know something is wrong on the rollercoaster.

In other words, pick your battles, Sparky. Make your case and move on. But stop beating it to death. If you're right in the end, you will undoubtedly come back to tell everyone.

The last thing I am going to say on this subject is that I don't think Losman is THE problem. I think the whole team needs improvements everywhere. Having said that, I don't believe Losman has the attributes to lead this team when and if they ever turn it around. Maybe Nall has some intangibles - maybe not. (by the way, the thread started yesterday not last week)

The last thing I am going to say on this subject is that I don't think Losman is THE problem. I think the whole team needs improvements everywhere. Having said that, I don't believe Losman has the attributes to lead this team when and if they ever turn it around. Maybe Nall has some intangibles - maybe not. (by the way, the thread started yesterday not last week)

822862[/snapback]

I will be holding you to that.

I'm really loving this idea of fans "giving him that last shot," as if it's theirs to give.  There's a coaching staff in place here that makes those decisions.

I'm pretty certain you people would have run Jim Kelly out of town if there had been an internet in 1986.

822707[/snapback]

If these so-called QB evaluators had their mindset in place at all the NFL franscises the new sport in town would be seeing how fast you could run green QBs out of town, not trying to build a winner. My guestimate is that by their criteria, 95% of the new QBs wouldn't make the grade.

c: go with Craig Nall (Not a bad idea, he's been behind Favre for a while, he looks to have moderate to decent throwing power and accuracy, he's not the most agile but he's not a statue either, and it wouldn't take long to find out if he's the man or not.)

822508[/snapback]

If Craig Nall was better than Losman or Holcomb he would have won the job by now or at least would be enticing for the coaches to try him out. I think Losman is the best of the three as for as the coaches are concerned. They see enough tapes of these guys making plays. I guess if the coaches felt that Nall was a better option they would go with it.

d: Sign a free agent vet (Leftwich will likely be done in Jacksonville it seems they like Garrard, now I don't like Leftwich very much and I don't think he is the answer, but it is a possibility. The other key name is Matt Shaub, from what we've seen this guy in outstanding, his accuracy is great and he's got a strong arm too, pretty hard to question his decision making, and he's agile as well.

822508[/snapback]

The problem with the Matt Schaub scenario is, if we give up a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder to get him from Atlanta, then we won't have enough picks to build our DL and OL. The result of that will be the same. And what do we know to prove that Schaub is defintely a better player than Losman.....They haven't played behind the same line. The Atlanta OL might be much better than the Bills.

If Craig Nall was better than Losman or Holcomb he would have won the job by now or at least would be enticing for the coaches to try him out. I think Losman is the best of the three as for as the coaches are concerned. They see enough tapes of these guys making plays.  I guess if the coaches felt that Nall was a better option they would go with it.

The problem with the Matt Schaub scenario is, if we give up a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder to get him from Atlanta, then we won't have enough picks to build our DL and OL. The result of that will be the same. And what do we know to prove that Schaub is defintely a better player than Losman.....They haven't played behind the same line.  The Atlanta OL might be much better than the Bills.

822918[/snapback]

And you need a sound line, OC, QB coach before you can point to the QB as being 'the problem'. There are too many independent variables to rule out before one can conclude "Yep, the quarterback is the problem". If the Bills had at the very least had an adequate line, you might begin to draw that conclusion. Otherwise, the indefinite search for a miracle worker goes on.