John Kerry is an idiot!

And I think most would read Kerry's quote and mine and see that they are completely different.  Saying "I chose the wrong words" is taking responsibility, while saying "my words were misinterpreted" is saying it's everyone's fault but mine that people were offended. 

So either:

1.  SnR, some guy on a message board, understands English better than Senator John Kerry.

or

2.  John Kerry carefully worded his apology to deflect responsibility.

I tend to think it's choice #2 and that's pretty fuggin' sad.

822441[/snapback]

Most people will never read past the headline "John Kerry Apologized to the troops."

Up now on all the sites:

Drudge: "KERRY ISSUES APOLOGY TO TROOPS"

CNN: "Kerry: I personally apologize"

NBC: "Regret, John Kerry apologizes to any troops he offended"

Fox news has this: "Kerry Apologizes to Troops For 'My Poorly Stated Joke'"

next to an insert of a black man over a hotel fire, and next to the video of our "commander in chief"discussing North Korea with Hannity and Colmbs, which should be a hoot (gonna have to click on that one later).

Many aren't even quoting the whole thing, and Joe Independent Voter sees that an apology was issued. So, when George Allen in VA says "John Kerry insulted our troops", JIV asks "But didn't he just apologize for that?", and Allen will rant about the apology not being "sincere" enough or "quick" enough. Yup, that'll swing JIV over to the Red.

EDIT:

Just for schitz and giggles, I looked at the comments to the Kerry story posted by people who actually use Fox as a news site. Seems like most understood it was a poor attempt at humor that backfired, regardless of their feelings about JK. What rubes, huh?

Edited by Johnny Coli

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many aren't even quoting the whole thing, and Joe Independent Voter sees that an apology was issued.  So, when George Allen in VA says "John Kerry insulted our troops", JIV asks "But didn't he just apologize for that?", and Allen will rant about the apology not being "sincere" enough or "quick" enough.  Yup, that'll swing JIV over to the Red.

822447[/snapback]

Do I care? If "Red" means Republican, I'm not even in that.

Maybe a broader question - but why the hyper-sensitivity (I'm not saying you)

on the right about any slight to the military?

I mean Kerry wasn't intending to piss off the military?

And it is pretty clear that it is what you think he was insinuating - not so much what was said- that is offensive (or not).

I just think the guy is terminally unfunny.

But more worrying about all of this kind of crapola is the idea that somehow the military is the keeper of our national virtues (it is not, protector perhaps). I just think its silly that we have let politics get to a place where the discussion of who/what honors the military makes the issue of whatever the hell we are asking them to do, subordinate.

822444[/snapback]

Easy. A lot of the right, and I prefer conservative thank you, tend to be strong military or in my case military, who basically thinks Kerry needs to STFU. While he served, it had to have been the shortest honorable tour in the history of the world, and as soon as he returned he did nothing but rake his fellow military members over the coals in testimony to basically just prop himself up, in a run for political office. He is the CO that you didn't want if you ever served. Out only for himself.

And I think most would read Kerry's quote and mine and see that they are completely different.  Saying "I chose the wrong words" is taking responsibility, while saying "my words were misinterpreted" is saying it's everyone's fault but mine that people were offended. 

So either:

1.  SnR, some guy on a message board, understands English better than Senator John Kerry.

or

2.  John Kerry carefully worded his apology to deflect responsibility.

I tend to think it's choice #2 and that's pretty fuggin' sad.

822441[/snapback]

Why is this an either / or? I'd choose #3 - Both.

Most people will never read past the headline "John Kerry Apologized to the troops."

Up now on all the sites:

Drudge: "KERRY ISSUES APOLOGY TO TROOPS"

822447[/snapback]

You've quoted Drudge. You've lost all credibility. :lol:

Only when it works for you? :P

This whole thing is really funny. I know and you know what he meant to say. But his elitist attitude, punched the Democratic party right in the nuts one week before elections.

The Coach, say thanks. :P

As opposed to the ones who'll apologize for them, no matter what?  The difference is?  :P

822459[/snapback]

You will find no post of mine apologizing for Kerry's initial remarks. But, an apology was asked for, and an apology was given. But that's really not what this was all about for the GOP, was it.

You've quoted Drudge. You've lost all credibility.  ;)

Only when it works for you? :P

This whole thing is really funny. I know and you know what he meant to say. But his elitist attitude, punched the Democratic party right in the nuts one week before elections.

The Coach,  say thanks. :P

822502[/snapback]

Had to quote Drudge, or I might look partisan. :lol:

There is a pretty strong chance that the Dems won't gain a majority in either house next Tuesday, but it won't have anything to do with Kerry. I am quite glad that this incident will probably eliminate him from the '08 pool, though.

Had to quote Drudge, or I might look partisan.  :P

There is a pretty strong chance that the Dems won't gain a majority in either house next Tuesday, but it won't have anything to do with Kerry.  I am quite glad that this incident will probably eliminate him from the '08 pool, though.

822534[/snapback]

Strong chance? A 50% tossup in either house is a strong chance? :P

Strong chance?  A 50% tossup in either house is a strong chance?  :P

822541[/snapback]

The GOP has more money and a better GOTV ground game. They also only have to defend a few key races. The Dems have to win a lot more seats than the GOP has to lose. Just because someone says they're going to vote on the phone or when someone comes to their door doesn't mean they will. I think it's been an outstanding job done by the DNC to make itself competitive in freaking Idaho, Wyoming and Texas, but until I see it with my own eyes on Wednesday morning, I'll remain pessimistic.

You seemed to care a few posts ago.

822453[/snapback]

Explain how. I don't like the Republicans. I just hate the Democrats.

The main thing I want from this is for people to understand the full extent of what a complete !@#$ John Kerry is. I think everyone instinctly understands he's an !@#$ but I like to really explore just what a one-in-a-million, once-in-a-lifetime hole of ass he really is.

I'll have SnR write one up for me.

822538[/snapback]

Do it Kerry-style.

Start with "I APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE!" today and eventually get around to kinda, sorta regretting that everyone else is stupid and misinterprets you later.

And count on normally smart people who happen to be liberal temporarily dropping their reading comphrehension down a notch to declare you non-apology a real apology so they can declare the whole thing over. :P

Explain how.  I don't like the Republicans.  I just hate the Democrats.

The main thing I want from this is for people to understand the full extent of what a complete !@#$ John Kerry is.  I think everyone instinctly understands he's an !@#$ but I like to really explore just what a one-in-a-million, once-in-a-lifetime hole of ass he really is.

822697[/snapback]

You have for roughly seven pages now, even though most of the posters, myself included, have all stated that Kerry is an idiot and we're glad he submarined his chances in '08 and he's not going anywhere near any of the current campaigns. You keep fighting your personal war, though.