Spikes Is Done

Pah-leeeesee

How many plays did he make sunday? He has lost a step and its obvious

818373[/snapback]

This is an injury that typically takes a few years to recover from. Add to it the hammy injury and I'm not sure anybody could expect him to look like the old TKO. That being said I had my doubts from the get go whether he'd ever look like the old TKO but I'm not willing to toss him under the bus just yet.

This is an injury that typically takes a few years to recover from.  Add to it the hammy injury and I'm not sure anybody could expect him to look like the old TKO.  That being said I had my doubts from the get go whether he'd ever look like the old TKO but I'm not willing to toss him under the bus just yet.

818380[/snapback]

Sure, what's a few more years gobbling up 9 million a year for a slow linebacker? On top of that, the guy is a jerk

Ya Dildo and you'd be leading it, you and anyone else who thinks spikes is worth 9 million

818398[/snapback]

And this is an issue because the Bills are currently RIGHT up against the cap. We should just cut Spikes loose now so we can be 15 or so million under the cap instead of 10 million.

Ya Dildo and you'd be leading it, you and anyone else who thinks spikes is worth 9 million

818398[/snapback]

The other thread is a much more mature way of discussing the topic.

LINK TO OTHER THREAD ON THIS TOPIC

My thoughts.....

A few thoughts on this.....

Firstly TKO only played in...was is 2 plays in the first game? The first play he blitzed(?), the second he pulled a hammy. It's quite possible that he is actually not too conversant with the system just yet. He missed a lot of practice compared to the others & then basically missed some more & the first 5 games....he might just be acclimatizing.

He also might still be nursing his hammy a little....afraid to go all out & re-aggravate it(which is not an uncommon thing to occur).

Finally, his torn achilles put him out for a year. From what I've noticed with other LBs who have had similar injuries, they tend not to get back to full steam until the year after they return. Usually, I've noticed they play at a good level but do not regain the mobility & speed until the following season....which for TKO would be next year.

I might be totally of trak with all of this......just some thoughts to contemplate.

Sam Cowart was never the same, ever

818415[/snapback]

But that is no guarentee that TKO won't be able to recover. He was our only real legitimate star.....you don't just give up on him over-night. Look at what he achieved in one play in the 1st game this season. You can't train that sort of play-making ability.