Where should we go, what should we do?

king bucko

From where we will be picking (#6-#12)

What do you think we should do?

Draft a dominant OL, DT, or DE?

Should we trade down and pick up multiple players?

I think we need more help all around and should trade down and build our interior line and draft a linebacker as well.

Thoughts?

Big offensive tackle

Big defensive tackle

if JP fails...a quarterback

secondary needs

stud tight end

middle linebacker (I don't think Fletcher is going to be around much longer...actually i think TKO has seen his best days as well.)

817642[/snapback]

So then we are already solid at rb, weak side lb, wr, kicker and punter. A foundation for a bright future! :doh:

It depends. Lets see what Peters does at LT. If he looks like the guy for the next decade, then perhaps DT is where we should go.

Depending on where we pick, maybe a deal down and taking the best available G (usually not picked till the 20s), while getting an xtra late 1st rd pick (CB anyone?) is the right move.

I still think its too early to say.

It depends.  Lets see what Peters does at LT.  If he looks like the guy for the next decade, then perhaps DT is where we should go. 

Depending on where we pick, maybe a deal down and taking the best available G (usually not picked till the 20s), while getting an xtra late 1st rd pick (CB anyone?) is the right move.

I still think its too early to say.

817681[/snapback]

Looks like well need 2 cornerbacks,Clements leaving and Magee proving he cant cover anyone,oh yea well need a qb unless Nall shows he can play.Jp should be packing his bags in anticapation of his departure from Buffalo this offseason

Stop underestimating our foundation. The future looks fairly bright at safety.

817672[/snapback]

You are absolutly right...when Tenny said "secondary" needs, I forgot about the safety spot.

Definitely a plus in a scheme that seems to like sending relatively slower safeties out to cover speedy wideouts, and has the relativaly faster cb's cover the short stuff. <_<

So then we are already solid at rb, weak side lb, wr, kicker and punter. A foundation for a bright future!  <_<

817668[/snapback]

We are solid in the areas you set forth...and it looks like the safety position is looking pretty good as well. But none of that matters without an offensive or defensive line. Hence that's where we go. The tight end can be a difference maker, which is why I threw that in there. One more good draft and a few judicious free agents, and we'll be pretty good. That is assuming JP develops on schedule.

Where to go? The store. What should we do? Get a lot of beer. Seriously though, we won't really have a good idea until we see what happens with Clements and Fletcher. But say they stay, OT, G, DT and DE are the way to go. We can draft all the sexy picks after these issues are resolved.

If the O-lines moves we just made pan out I'd take Calvin Johnson and give JP a big receiving target. If not I'd take the best OL, DT or CB available in no particular order.

817660[/snapback]

No WRs in the 1st round.....For what ever reason, 1st round WRs take a few years to become reliable targets....I would rather pick a WR in Rd 3 and get him ready.

We need to draft OL/DL/LB in the 1st 3 rounds (in no particular order).

No WRs in the 1st round.....For what ever reason, 1st round WRs take a few years to become reliable targets....I would rather pick a WR in Rd 3 and get him ready.

We need to draft OL/DL/LB in the 1st 3 rounds (in no particular order).

817776[/snapback]

:angry: Remember oline take time as well. Gallery was the next big deal several years ago Big LT out of Iowa can't miss! played with the usual mistakes then right tackle for a year now coming around. This yr dbrick/ well with pennington's 2step and toss he is doing ok. Mangold looks like a winner. Big mike and the guy from the u. one bust/ one slower than

expected to bring his game to nfl level What's it all mean? The draft is a crap shoot just like free agency is some ya win some ya don't <_<

From where we will be picking (#6-#12)

What do you think we should do?

Draft a dominant OL, DT, or DE?

Should we trade down and pick up multiple players?

I think we need more help all around and should trade down and build our interior line and draft a linebacker as well.

Thoughts?

817638[/snapback]

Looking at our 2nd half schedule, we may be picking even higher than that. If so, two choices that might make sense (if you believe that teams are built from the lines out, which you should):

1. Alan Branch, DT Michigan

2. Sam Baker, OT USC

:)  Remember oline take time as well. Gallery was the next big deal several years ago Big LT out of Iowa can't miss! played with the usual mistakes then right tackle for a year now  coming around. This yr dbrick/ well with pennington's 2step and toss he is doing ok. Mangold looks like a winner. Big mike and the guy from the u. one bust/ one slower than

expected to bring his game to nfl level What's it all mean? The draft is a crap shoot just like free agency is some ya win some ya don't :angry:

817825[/snapback]

Agree with all of that except Gallery -- he has actually regressed this year. Could be a symptom of the guys he's playing around though. <_<

Everyone seems to want to draft the same positions we just drafted in '06. I don't quite get it. Draft more DT's? We signed one in free agency, and used 25% of our draft on that position. Why don't we just throw darts at all the DT's this year and hope one is good.. Or let's see if McCargo and Williams can actually develop. If we lose Clements, I'd say draft one CB at some point, probably on Day 2. And we have got to see what Youboty can do before this year ends. So draft wise, I think OLine is a necesity. However, I am a huge fan of Calvin Johnson and if he is available we have to take him. Then some O Line help to finish up Day 1. Day 2 we go for a LB, CB, and TE maybe. What's up with Everett? 3rd round pick on a TE and doesn't seem to do anything.