I Am Really Worried That Buffalo

oops, my bad.

817502[/snapback]

Its not a big deal really ... it simply means we would probably have to give up more than just money (his contract) to get him. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think we would have to send his current team a draft pick or something.

if we r 30 million under the cap free agents will come

817508[/snapback]

On the surface this may be true ... unfortunately the real question is whether their is going to be any quality free agents by the time the free agent period starts. The majority of the teams will sign their high-caliber players before they can hit the free agent market. We can merely hope that they dont.

People said free agents wouldn't want to go to the Giants when Coughlin became coach. They got players the last few years like Plaxico Burress, Kareem McKenzie, Anonio Pierce, Lavar Arrington and Sam Madison.

817361[/snapback]

New York City and Buffalo are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. The Bills and Giants are as well.

Matt Schuab will be a high tender RFA. If we sign him and Atlanta does not match, we will have to send them a 1st and 3rd. Atlanta has already turned down 1st round picks for him. Not a bad choice for a player that is a backup and was a 3rd round choice.

Also a couple of blockbuster FA signings will not fix the Bills. I do not want players who just come here for the money. I want players that want to win first. What we need to do is draft good football players first and fill in other holes with good and smart FAs.

This means we have to draft smarter than we did this year, if you have a chance to get more picks and still get your player do it. Do not trade needed picks to move up in the draft to get players you could get later. Have more than just plan A. Have a plan B and C if plan A does not happen. Do not dump players and replace the players that you have dumped with the draft. Ex Lawyer Milloy replaced with Donte. Donte is just a younger Milloy playing in the wrong system. Pat Williams and Sam Adams replaced by who?

Not Tripplet and McCargo. Antone Williams replaced by McGee Moulds replaced by Evans

Travis Henery replaced by Willis. When you are rebuilding , you replace players with better ones, not ones of equal or lower value. Some fo those players were still servicable so you you the draft to fill in other holes, not creat holes and fill them in with the draft. If you do this , you just end up constantly rebuilding.

the problem as I see it is, we were lead to believe this was a SB contender held back by bad coaching. In reality, we were a bad team, with bad coaching

New York City and Buffalo are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. The Bills and Giants are as well.

817603[/snapback]

The Giants were about as good as the Bills are now when Tom Coughlin took over. Yeah, I understand New York attractive market for stars than Buffalo is, though.

People said free agents wouldn't want to go to the Giants when Coughlin became coach. They got players the last few years like Plaxico Burress, Kareem McKenzie, Anonio Pierce, Lavar Arrington and Sam Madison.

817361[/snapback]

Players whom no other teams wanted.....

I'll be the first to say this, so here goes.... the Buffalo Bills will be extremely active and will sign a top flight free agent the MINUTE the clock strikes 12:00 A. M., and they will pay market value and not get gouged by said player. I DO NOT believe in the "sky is falling" adherance some fans pander to. The 2007 off season will be chocked full of great Bills stories.... bet on it!!!

What's wrong with a guy like Jerry Porter? Physically, he is the perfect complement to Evans and it would be nice to give Losman a big target at WR. I know he is not known to be a character guy, but you can't win with all choir boys, and perhaps playing for the Raiders would make anyone crazy. Don't know Porter's contract situation but I'm sure the Raiders would deal him for a 3rd or perhaps 4th round pick.

What's wrong with a guy like Jerry Porter?  Physically, he is the perfect complement to Evans and it would be nice to give Losman a big target at WR.  I know he is not known to be a character guy, but you can't win with all choir boys, and perhaps playing for the Raiders would make anyone crazy.  Don't know Porter's contract situation but I'm sure the Raiders would deal him for a 3rd or perhaps 4th round pick.

817937[/snapback]

Nothing wrong with him ... its just that way have much bigger holes than WR.