The Most Disturbing Part Of The Season

I don't care if this idiotic team does not make the Super Bowl for the next 50 years but can they at least field a team that makes the last 10 games of the season SOMEWHAT worth watching.

Too bad the Bills don't play all their home games first so at least you can get a little bit of your moneys worth.

I don't care if this idiotic team does not make the Super Bowl for the next 50 years but can they at least field a team that makes the last 10 games of the season SOMEWHAT worth watching.

Too bad the Bills don't play all their home games first so at least you can get a little bit of your moneys worth.

816572[/snapback]

Hey, look at the bright side, the first four weeks offered more excitement than many could have expected..... :lol:

noway.....week 3 was it for me.  A bad Jets team at home opening day and we lost, that was the turning point for me....

816600[/snapback]

I had very low expectations coming in (I was thinking matching last year's record would be an accomplishment), and was temporarily encouraged by the Minnesota win. My expectations fell back to 5, maybe 6 wins, about twenty-two minutes into the Bears game...

I had very low expectations coming in (I was thinking matching last year's record would be an accomplishment), and was temporarily encouraged by the Minnesota win.  My expectations fell back to 5, maybe 6 wins, about twenty-two minutes into the Bears game...

816604[/snapback]

See with me, before the season i thought we had a team that could possibly be a game or 2 out of the wildcard spot, but now.....its just a total mess.

6 wins, wont happen, id be shocked if it did. Remember, we have 9 games left, and still play Indy, SD, Jags, Baltimore, all those teams have decent defenses. We couldnt get anything moving against a terrible injury depleated Detroit Lions team...with the way Buffalo is playing, they wont beat those teams. I also dont think they can beat the Texans on the road nor the Jets.....

I dont see this team winning more then 2 more games.....I just dont. If they can come out and manhandle the Packers I mean, put up 30 plus and pound the ball and have a decent showing of defense then my tone might change. But if Buffalo struggles against GB's Defense then this team is in serious trouble!

noway.....week 3 was it for me.  A bad Jets team at home opening day and we lost, that was the turning point for me....

816600[/snapback]

And you weren't mildly encouraged by the win over the Vikings? I really don't think anyone could say that this team was done after week 3 - even knowing what we know now.

I'm not saying I expected them to contend for the playoffs, but that got them back to 2-2 and all I was hoping for was to hear the ESPN "experts" say that Buffalo was playing better than expected.

See with me, before the season i thought we had a team that could possibly be a game or 2 out of the wildcard spot, but now.....its just a total mess.

6 wins, wont happen, id be shocked if it did.  Remember, we have 9 games left, and still play Indy, SD, Jags, Baltimore, all those teams have decent defenses.  We couldnt get anything moving against a terrible injury depleated Detroit Lions team...with the way Buffalo is playing, they wont beat those teams.  I also dont think they can beat the Texans on the road nor the Jets.....

I dont see this team winning more then 2 more games.....I just dont.  If they can come out and manhandle the Packers I mean, put up 30 plus and pound the ball and have a decent showing of defense then my tone might change.  But if Buffalo struggles against GB's Defense then this team is in serious trouble!

816613[/snapback]

I see what you are saying, but parity, particularly among the bottom feeders is strong. When Buffalo beat Minnesota, lots of people started saying the Bills might not be as bad as thought, and the Vikings not as good. Then, two weeks later, Buffalo loses to Detroit, Minnesota beats a banged up Seattle...you really can't tell much about these teams from week to week. Buffalo could just as easily beat Green Bay and Houston, as they could get blown out by them.

816572[/snapback]

Were you expecting playoff's this year?

What exactly has changed between the beginning of the season and now? Coming in, it was a young team hoping to improve as the year went along and expecting a roller coaster ride along the way.

That's exactly what's happened. The thing worth watching, just as it has always been for this team, is improvement. I watch every week because I want to see individual plays, because that's where I get to see if players have improved. It's that simple.

I had very low expectations coming in (I was thinking matching last year's record would be an accomplishment), and was temporarily encouraged by the Minnesota win.  My expectations fell back to 5, maybe 6 wins, about twenty-two minutes into the Bears game...

816604[/snapback]

Zero expectations lead to zero disappointment...

this year doesn't bother me at all, just keep on evaluating personnel and get ready for next year. :lol:

Zero expectations lead to zero disappointment...

this year doesn't bother me at all, just keep on evaluating personnel and get ready for next year. :lol:

816637[/snapback]

Exactly....kind of sad though, when you think about it...I have tickets for the Texans game, and I almost thinking of not going. Nothing worse than making the effort for the road trip, taking time off from work, getting a hotel, etc...only to have your team not show up...the losing is not as disappointing as the "quality" of the loss...no shock in losing to the Bears and the Patriots, it is just the way they lost...

816600[/snapback]

Then we beat the Vikings at home where we were the underdogs....I cannot

really call the Jets game as a turning point....

If we stink up the next 4 games, then the Chicago game was more a turning

point.

6 wins, wont happen, id be shocked if it did.  Remember, we have 9 games left, and still play Indy, SD, Jags, Baltimore, all those teams have decent defenses.  We couldnt get anything moving against a terrible injury depleated Detroit Lions team...

816613[/snapback]

The lions were depleted on the offensive side, not on the defensive side of

the ball....A guy named Hall had 3 1/2 sacks in that single game.....You have

to call out the defense for that game for not being able to contain a Lions

offense that had 3 scrubs on its starting OL......

Were you expecting playoff's this year?

What exactly has changed between the beginning of the season and now? Coming in, it was a young team hoping to improve as the year went along and expecting a roller coaster ride along the way.

That's exactly what's happened. The thing worth watching, just as it has always been for this team, is improvement. I watch every week because I want to see individual plays, because that's where I get to see if players have improved. It's that simple.

816632[/snapback]

No I was not expecting playoffs BUT as a season ticket holder, I do hope to see one or two home games past the halfway mark that could lead a glimmer of hope to "what if"

And you weren't mildly encouraged by the win over the Vikings? I really don't think anyone could say that this team was done after week 3 - even knowing what we know now.

I'm not saying I expected them to contend for the playoffs, but that got them back to 2-2 and all I was hoping for was to hear the ESPN "experts" say that Buffalo was playing better than expected.

816617[/snapback]

The experts were wrong about every team except the Bills..........quite sad.

No I was not expecting playoffs BUT as a season ticket holder, I do hope to see one or two home games past the halfway mark that could lead a glimmer of hope to "what if"

816690[/snapback]

I took a gamble and bought season tickets this year thinking that if anything the Bills would be exciting and that I would be able to observe some sort of progress.

I haven't seen either this year, a slow regression with a continued lack of excitement.